“Afternoon tea”

Lakeside Restaurant
Ranked #251 of 519 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$0 - US$92
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We recently had afternoon tea. It was fabulous. Even though the hotel were hosting a large wedding they still offered a great service for the four of us that had turned up for afternoon tea. Fabulous homemade cakes and ample tea and coffee. Great service from very friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely visit again and look forward to the service, food and over night stay at my nieces wedding in sept. well done what a great place and lovely staff

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had dinner in the Lakeside Restaurant whilst staying on a package deal, so I cannot comment on value for money, But the meal was really special - fresh ingredients, a lovely cut of beef and a fantastic sauce. The service was good, the staff pleasant.

1  Thank Incartek
Reviewed 22 July 2012

What an absolute disaster and waste of money it is visiting this hotel. After reading reviews about the restaurant on here I was looking forward to an excellent meal when I dined there this Saturday, what I got was an absolute shambles. Upon arrival it seemed that we were immediately rushed into placing an order, this was difficult enough as the menu while seemingly very sophisticated actually lacks one basic factor, it tells you absolutley nothing about the dish. Unless you happen to dine in the worlds best restaurants you will certainly have difficulty in knowing what it is you are ordering. However we placed this to one side and ordered our meals, after this we were left seated in the bar unsure as to what to do next so we made our way to the restaurant only to have one of the waitresses inform us that we had to go back to the bar and wait til we were called. Her attitude over our simple mistake was very condescending to say the least. However the barman was very polite and offered to bring us some more drinks to our table. Upon entering the restaurant after what seemed a long time after our order we were placed in what must be a queue system, as we had to wait a long time for every course. The waitresses seemed more interested in huddling in a corner and speaking amongst themselves instead of interacting with myself or other diners and when not laughing between themselves proceeded to play on their mobile phones. The waitresses also seemed to have no concept over the food they were serving, placing down dishes without even knowing what it was they were serving, and when asked any questions about the food they claimed they were unsure and usually took 10 minutes to answer if at all seeming to find the whole matter a joke. A thoroughly disappointing visit in all and one which sadly I would not consider repeating. I think even Fawlty Towers knew more about staff organisation than this establishment does.

2  Thank Natalie B