“Creston Villa experience”

Creston Villa Guest House
Ranked #1 of 44 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hello, I have stayed in the Creston Villa twice for two nights. Actually, the reason why I have returned to this hotel was that I really enjoyed my time there. Iain and Anna were very polite and helpful. The rooms were fantastic (an old-fashioned Victorian setting). The breakfast is very good and Iain and Anna are glad to have a chat with their guests. The hotel can be reached directly from the city centre of Lincoln. I would really recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kirill E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here on Saturday night (May 3rd) and it was absolutely perfect! Anna and Iain, our hosts, welcomed us and made us feel completely at home. Our rooms were beautifully decorated in vintage style and there was an area that was open 24/7 for the use of guests. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and we could see where it was being cooked so were aware of how clean everything was. There was also complimentary baking in the open area. Anna had made brownies which were gorgeous. I can't wait until we are next in Lincoln. This time it was on business but I might surprise my husband with a weekend there just to show him how wonderful it was. Many. many thanks. Second to none!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I regularly travel to Lincoln for work and would be devastated if I couldn't stay at Creston Villa; in fact I also go across regularly for leisure too now that I have a 'home from home' to stay in. Iain and Anna have created the most wonderful guest house from sumptuous rooms to lavish breakfasts. An honesty bar, complimentary cakes and use of the kitchen all add to the delights you will experience when you stay in this gorgeous Victorian villa. Iain and Anna go out of their way to ensure your stay is extra special. Six rooms, all with different characters are spotlessly clean and regular refreshing of furnishings etc mean that they never look 'tired'. I would recommend booking in advance if you want to attend the Air Show or the Christmas Market as rooms in this glorious B&B are booked VERY early! My only concern about reviewing Creston Villa is that everyone else will find out about this hidden gem!

Room Tip: I can honestly say, I have stayed in all of the rooms and have had an excellent night's sleep in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was offered a 3 month contract in lincoln and needed a reasonable place to stay, a quick internet search around the area I was working in gave me a few options and very little to choose between the web sites. Creston Villa was the nearest to my work but only by a few yards so I chose it as my starting place, I initially booked in for a week just to rest it out. Iain met me in the car park, tricky to negotiate this, and helped me with my one bag up to my room, he was very welcoming and offered clear instructions on the operation of all the equipment and let me kmnow the WiFi and Door number straight away, his knowlwdge of the local eateries is very good and he pointed me to a few places to eat on the Sunday night. Within a couple of days I reealised that I would stay for the whole 3 months and not bother with any other place as te pair of them made me feel so welcome with Iains great breakfasts and Anna fussing like a mother hen, just don't mention knickers. The great test of a place is if I would stay there again if I was in the area, simple answer is Yes, you never get all the comforts of home when you stay away but this is a close as I have ever found it. Well done both of you. Hope to see you again very soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms I used had their own little quirks where Anna uses here artistic skills to the full bu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a lovely guest house Iain and Anna have. Nothing was to much trouble, our stay in the pine room was just wonderful and the breakfast WOW. The attention to detail is magnificent and our hosts made us feel like friends rather than guests. Hope to see you in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My girlfriend and I went on a small weekend-trip to this wonderful and romantic little B&B. The rooms was very clean and nice. It was like stepping into a little fairytale castle :)

The breakfast was very good and you have the option of choosing everything that comes on your breakfastplate. Get ready for some real English Breakfast!

The hosts was such a gentle and lovely couple. It felt just like visiting family :)

I sure hope that we some day will return to this lovely place!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have just returned home after two nights at the delightful Creston Villa. Iain and Anna were wonderful hosts. The Priory room we stayed in was fantastic, spotlessly clean and very decadent.

Iain's scrambled eggs and smoked salmon are a must try for anyone staying here. Anna and Iain are a very friendly and helpful couple. Would recommend the Creston to anybody thinking of visiting Lincoln.

Anna and Iain, thank you and all the best for the renewal of your wedding vows in June.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
The Lincoln Hotel
Bridleway Luxury Bed & Breakfast
Bridleway Luxury Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Grange de Lings
Cathedral View Guest House

Been to Creston Villa Guest House? Share your experiences!