“Lost it's direction”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Transit: Moorfields
Description: At The Living Room our focus remains on sourcing the best quality ingredients, preparing them simply and delivering bags of flavour and texture on the plate. This is good, honest, robust and stylish food with its origins firmly in the European tradition with international touches. There is nothing frilly or fancy. A selection of Home Comforts - bangers and mash, fish and chips – are designed for easy eating yet there are also more elaborate dishes like Seared peppered tuna with salsa rosso or Roasted lamb cutlets with minted pesto vegetables. Small plates - such as cured ham with grissini and olives – allow for casual snacking while sandwiches and salads enable one-course, easy and casual dining. All-day opening is designed to facilitate easy access and reinforces a core ethos behind The Living Room; you, the customer, is the one empowered to make decisions and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do that, enjoy it and be comfortable.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been a regular at Living room for many years before moving away, on my return to Liverpool I thought it only right to return to my fav bar in Liverpool. Once inside I noticed it wasn't as special as it used to be, the interior didn't look "Living Room" standard. The menu still the same, and I had steak at £19 which after tasting was well over priced. Had drinks at the bar and a speaking with bar staff was informed that living room had been take over by the slug and lettuce which looking at makes sense. Living room in Liverpool was the jewel in the crown seems to have lost its direction........

2  Thank Jonathon Gallag... G
There are newer reviews for The Living Room

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Was a little dubious about trying The Living Room due to some very mixed reviews. We arrived one early evening in May on a weekday before seeing a show and the place was empty. So we basically had the waiter and waitress to ourselves.
We tried the supper club menu 3 course for £15 which was good value and I had a couple of the two for one cocktails - again very good value. The venue itself and decor is really contemporary and pretty. We had the thai fish cakes to start which were lovely, my fiancé had the spring rolls which he enjoyed, followed by steak frites and chicken for mains. Both were decent. Sticky toffee pudding to finish was lovely. You can't complain for the price. I'd have to try the al la carte menu to truly judge the food but I'd probably say whilst average the food may not match the feel of the venue.
The one annoying think was whilst lovely out waitress didn't wipe our table once during our meal, despite the fact the table was swimming with ice from our drinks. A bit of a miss since we were the only ones in there! There have been lots of reviews complaining about service and standards of food when the venue is busy on a Saturday night, and I can imagine this to be the case when it's busy. Also quite disappointed that my boyfriends request to swap a dish on the menu was bluntly refused by the chef. Ok so a bit cheeky of him to ask but not great service really. Always impressed by a place that goes the extra mile to please their guests, I don't think this is one of these places.

A few annoying things as lovely as she was our waitress didn't wipe our table once despite there being spilt food and Ice from the drink all over it a bit strange since we were the only guests! Also my fiancé requested a different starter which was cheaper than some of the others on the menu but was refused. A bit cheeky of him I suppose but clearly the chefs/management not happy to provide the extra mile of service for it's clients so a bit disappointing, especially since it was only us in there.
I can imagine full of people on a weekend the place has a good atmosphere, but I can also imagine why people are complaining about service, it must be rubbish when the place is packed.
I'd give it another go on a busier night just cos the drinks are good and it's a pretty venue but I can imagine it might be a frustrating to eat here on a Saturday night due to service issues as many other reviewers have shared. I think it could be a little bit style over substance!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked a cocktail masterclass as part of my daughters hen do. It was great fun making them and drinking them. 1st we were shown how to make them and then all got a turn behind the bar to make them and then the best part to drink them. Great experience would recommend. The place itself is very nice and the food looked lovely even though we did not eat there.,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a fantastic night. 10 of us went there for my hen night, we made cocktails, then danced, drank and ate. Sanjay and his team were fab and their hospitality and friendliness were superb. Its a great atmosphere with great music, great vodka and wonderful cocktail making expertise. If you want great northern hospitality in a relaxed warm venue this site is the place to be. Thanks Sanjay you were a patient man when teaching us cocktails. U made my Hen night very memorable. Xx

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We came across this little gem whilst searching for a place to eat. A member of staff from a local bar recommended this place when asked where was good to eat so we thought we would try it.
The decor inside was lovely very modern yet classy. We were provided with fantastic service throughout and we found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. The menu had a good selection to choose from. We were certainly not disappointed with our choices as the food was superb. A little added bonus was the entertainment, with a fabulous duet on the piano and vocals. Once your meal had finished you could choose to sit in the bar area to relax if you wished. We would highly recommend this restaurant to others as we thoroughly enjoyed our whole dining experience.. Our only regret was we wished we had found it sooner on our weekend break.