“Friendly service with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Living Room - CLOSED

The Living Room
Price range: US$32 - US$45
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Transit: Moorfields
Description: At The Living Room our focus remains on sourcing the best quality ingredients, preparing them simply and delivering bags of flavour and texture on the plate. This is good, honest, robust and stylish food with its origins firmly in the European tradition with international touches. There is nothing frilly or fancy. A selection of Home Comforts - bangers and mash, fish and chips – are designed for easy eating yet there are also more elaborate dishes like Seared peppered tuna with salsa rosso or Roasted lamb cutlets with minted pesto vegetables. Small plates - such as cured ham with grissini and olives – allow for casual snacking while sandwiches and salads enable one-course, easy and casual dining. All-day opening is designed to facilitate easy access and reinforces a core ethos behind The Living Room; you, the customer, is the one empowered to make decisions and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do that, enjoy it and be comfortable.
Southport, United Kingdom
“Friendly service with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very good restaurant, well laid out so you don't feel you have space to yourselves. Had the duck with pickled pear which was beautiful, cooked to perfection. My girlfriend had the pulled pork which she thoroughly enjoyed. The waitress was very friendly and attentive but wasn't hovering around the table waiting for you to finish. The cocktails were made very well by the bar staff and everything was reasonably priced. Well worth a visit.

Visited July 2014

Cheshire
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Lunch was amazing as per usual...we love eating at the living room...
Great value and fantastic service

Visited July 2014
1 Thank lynn j
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have never felt the need to write a review before but the service we received was rubbish. On Thursday 17th July we had a table booked for 8 to celebrate our sons graduation. On booking we was offered a private dining room, great we thought, we opted for the graduate set menu which included a glass of proseco. We arrived on time. , place was empty with the exception of another graduate and her parents. No proseco on arrival, directed to private room, smelt like smelly nappies, eventually someone arrived to take our order, didn't have several items on menu. Asked about proseco and was told that it was at additional cost despite it saying it was included on the menu. After our protestations he conceded and advised us he would put a bottle on the table , this would not be enough for eight of us and eventually we all got a glass. It would be remiss of me if I failed to mention that the food was very good. This was a special day and the BAD SERVICE we received was unacceptable. We visit restaurants quite regularly and I have never had cause to write a bad review but this venue was worth me spending my time to tell you all that this is rubbish. The management , owners should be ashamed and suggest they either retrain themselves in customer care and satisfaction or a better option would be a change of career

4 Thank Dean W
east grinstead
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Like all your mix reviews of this restaurant, our experience was very hit and miss.It was not off to a good start when after minutes after ordering the waitress came back and informed us that the risotto was no longer available and from the pork block the black pudding would be missing. 2 of the 3 starters were served but then there was a gap of 10 minutes before my daughter starter was served.On the positive side the duck spring rolls and prawns were good.My sea bass and my daughter's steak were very good. However from the pork block the chutney and one type of pork was missing,the red cabbage arrived 8 minutes late and the mash potatoes had been replaced by chips.Thank goodness only one of us ordered a dessert as the eton mess was horrible,being made of artificial cherries not strawberries .

1 Thank EastGrinsteadMarie
England, UK
“Lost it's direction”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been a regular at Living room for many years before moving away, on my return to Liverpool I thought it only right to return to my fav bar in Liverpool. Once inside I noticed it wasn't as special as it used to be, the interior didn't look "Living Room" standard. The menu still the same, and I had steak at £19 which after tasting was well over priced. Had drinks at the bar and a speaking with bar staff was informed that living room had been take over by the slug and lettuce which looking at makes sense. Living room in Liverpool was the jewel in the crown seems to have lost its direction........

2 Thank Jonathon Gallag... G