“Very friendly and it's worth the money you pay.”
Review of Beech Mount Hotel

Beech Mount Hotel
Ranked #77 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very friendly and it's worth the money you pay. Breakfast is buffet and it's good. I actually left my shampoo, they informed that there's something you missed. Convienent parking Overall well satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
BeechMountHotel, Public Relations Manager at Beech Mount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your positive review, it is greatly appreciated! We hope to welcome you back to Beech Mount Hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We decided to have an overnight stay in Liverpool as we'd had our grandchildren visiting us in the Isle of Man. After delivering them safely back to mum we thought we would have a look around the shops. The Beech Mount was lovely. Our room, although a little on the small side was lovely and clean. Breakfast, the next morning was amazing. There was a buffet consisting of cereal, toast, fruit, yoghurt, full English breakfast where you could keep going back for more if you had a healthy apetite. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
BeechMountHotel, Public Relations Manager at Beech Mount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review! We hope to welcome you back to Beech Mount Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I don't normally write reviews, but I felt that I had to write about my great stay at the Beech Mount Hotel - especially after reading the previous bad reviews. I really cannot understand the previous bad reviews - we're they really staying at the same hotel??? I stayed 2 nights in a really large family room with spacious bathroom, very tastefully decorated to a high standard. The staff couldn't have been more helpful & we looked forward to breakfast as you could help yourself to a good choice of hot and continental breakfast items. I will definitely be back, thank you everyone for such a lovely stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms that my colleague and I were given were extremely small and looked like they were in an attic. Bedside lamps did not work as well as some electrical outlets. Tiny bathroom, but with modern fixtures. Rooms are clean, full English breakfast was fine. Staff was helpful. Located a couple of miles from downtown restaurants. Only breakfast is served on premises.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the size of your room and the fact that it was what you thought an attic room. Unfortunately, due to the Grade 2 listed status of this building we are limited with regard to room dimensions, causing some rooms to be smaller than others. Also, some of the 3rd storey rooms do have velux style windows due to the layout of the building, which cannot be altered. We try to make the very best of each and every room with modern fixtures / fittings and good use of space.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I write this, my first ever review as I lie still in room 10 depressed with a banging over head that has lasted the entire stay like a Japanese torture method. Avoid this place at all costs. The price of 100 pound and 4 and a half star rating is laughable. The staff are very unhelpful, the tired decor. The wardrobe that takes up half of the room is locked. The shower is so small it is hard to wash. The television is screwed to the wall facing away from the bed, which is very uncomfortable. The bathroom door half way open hits the bed. I will do all I can to save other people staying here. Poorly situated awkwardly out of the city. Will be surprised if my car is still downstairs, as it's very crime watch down there. Awful experience. Lesson learned the hard way...

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Rosie4346

I'm sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience at Beech Mount Hotel. If you were so disappointed with your room, the staff would have been happy to move you to an alternative room. Just for the record; the wardrobe door is not locked, the shower tray is of a standard size and the television is on a movable bracket on the wall where you can comfortably lie in bed and watch it.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have just stayed at this hotel as I booked a family room we arrived to a painter painting the front door wet paint not good for families arriving the room was very overcrowed with 4 beds all edge to edge with a small tv in a position no-one could see a boliler was in the cupboard at the head of the bed constantly on the towel rail in the bathroom was hanging off stuffed with tissue to keep it on the wall this was like a handle to kids for getting out of the bath due to its position the large heavy drawers had no safety catches so just fell out first day breakfast awful cheap cakes dried up breakfast and no top up of the canned fruit second day was better as a pleasent helpful younger staff were on duty as a family I have stayed in many hotels but never one as bad as this waited 25 mins while receptionist was on the phone to check out just left in the end horrible place avoid.

Room Tip: please watch for dangers in the room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I'm sorry you did not have a good stay at Beech Mount Hotel. If you would have mentioned to the staff how disappointed you were with the room, we would have happily moved you to a different room. With regard to the painter, we are open every day 24/7 - we do need to make repairs & touch up paintwork at quiter times with minimal disturbance to guests. You checked in at a quiet time during the day, with appropriate signage to indicate that painting was in progress. Everyone prides us on our outstanding breakfast with excellent choice of hot and cold foods, im sorry you thought your cakes were a little dry. With regard to our family apartments, they are well equipped for families and we have never had an issue with them before.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We arrived mid afternoon in Liverpool and parked up in the grounds of the hotel with plenty of spaces available. We pressed the intercom on several occasions for someone to let us in. Two people at reception where talking despite looking at us twice they still carried on there conversation. I then proceeded to knock heavily on the door.
We were met by a gentleman who was extremely helpful but no apology was exchanged for keeping us waiting outside in the rain.
Once in the hotel we were asked our name and how would we like to pay for our stay. We were then advised of our room number and where breakfast was served in the morning.
We proceeded to our room which was on the second floor. It was like making your way to visit an elderly relative in a nursing home. On entering our room we were hit with the smell of tobacco. The room was small, very cold and not what I expected after paying £100.00 for our stay.
Our room and en-suite facilities were very clean.
The bar area is small and can possibly fit about 6-8 people that's it.
The bed was not comfy at all. We did not have a comfortable sleep. When we did eventually get some shut eye. We were woke up by the sink gurgling, the radiator banging or the fridge humming.
The breakfast was cold apart from the fresh toast we made.
This hotel is listed as a 4* this clearly is not. The hotel itself is situated in Kensington near a social housing estate. An area and in need of regeneration.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple