Beech Mount Hotel
Roscoe House(Liverpool)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewspool roomcity centrefull english breakfastbreakfast was excellentlounge areawould stay againcooked breakfastexcellent value for moneycouldn't faulttaxifootball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the beech mount, even though it was for only one night .We found the staff to be really helpful & the rooms were very clean and had tea coffee biscuits etc , The following morning the breakfast was particularly enjoyable with fruit juices, cereals, pastries & an excellent cooked english breakfast to follow and lots of hot tea / coffee.
Overall I think for the price we paid for a double room ( £54.99)the hotel was excellent value I have experienced much worse hotels for double the price & would therefore recommend The beech mount for a great weekend away !

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2008

I stayed in this hotel with work for a conference. The staff could not have been more helpful on arrival, giving directions and arranging taxis. The rooms are incredibly clean, warm with extra duvets and the bathroom was also spotless. The hotel has all of the extras you usually don't get any more - bottled water, mint chocolates, hot chocolate sachets, little biscuits, hot water bottle, hairdryer. The bedroom had a tv with all the freeview channels. There is an exquisite front room (with fresh cut lillies) with a huge flat screen tv, great to unwind. The breakfast was wonderful - a full cooked if you want it, toast, porridge, pastries, fresh fruit - all excellent and served by really friendly staff. The staff were also more than helpful in assisting us with boxes we shipped over before our conference. The Beech Mount is about a 5-10 minute taxi ride from Lime Street but I would definitely stay here next time I am over for a visit.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Secure off-street parking was a bonus though beware as the car park gets very full in the evenings and I just about squeezed in. The pleasant man at reception took my bag to my room for me. I had booked a single room for one night and got a fairly spacious twin room with en suite shower facilities. The room was not what I would call 'executive' - it was clean and comfortable but with very cheap furniture that looked like it had been added without much thought for style or decor. On the other hand, there were nice touches such as mint chocolates left on the pillows.

The cheap fittings in the bathroom meant I knocked the soap dishes to the floor continually by just brushing against them. The shower would have been better with more power but the bathroom was clean and tidy.

I went out for food and on my return was told off for not leaving my key behind when I went out. When I said I hadn't been told that, a laminated notice (one of several) on the wall was pointed out to me. Make sure you read all the notices in case you get a telling off!

Overall, it was a pleasant but slightly strange hotel and more like a large B&B. Breakfast the next morning was freshly cooked and very nice. I'd probably stay here again for a one-night stopover but not for any extended period of time.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We booked the hotel a few weeks before going for a girls weekend away in Liverpool. Great price, we stayed in a 6 bedded room for only £260 for 2 nights including breakfast which only worked out at £43pp - what a bargain. The hotel is on a small street oppostie Mcdonalds and close to local supermarkets. About a 2 minute taxi ride away from Liverpool centre which was really convienient as this is where we spent most of our time. Taxis worked out at between £3-£6 depending on firm from the hotel to centre.
Staff at the hotel were brilliant and couldnt do enough for us, check-in was fast and the recpetion staff even took the time out to write us a list of all the best bars and clubs to go. Breakfast was really good, you could have a full cooked breakfast, muffins, croissants, yougurts, tea/coffee, toast, cereal, fruit, juices etc and it was all really nice, Staff in the breakfast room where really quick, friendly and efficient. Breakfast was served up unti 10am too which was good as we didnt like to get up too early.
The room we stayed in was gorgeous with big comfy beds, two seperate bedrooms, fridge and mini kitchen area. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated - only fault was the shower took ages to warm up but that isnt a problem really.
Liverpool is a really good place to go, all the locals were really friendly and all to happy to reccommend places to go and things to see. If your up for a night out head for concert square - this is were all he main bars and clubs are. Chaya, Office, Reveloution, Walk About, Moda can all be found here. Shopping is great in Liverpool and so is the sightseeing. Great place to go would reccommend going wither with girls, family or as a couple!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank daniellejaderedfern
Reviewed 17 August 2008

I booked this hotel at the very last minute & was not expecting it to be as good as it was. It really is a cracking hotel. The levels of service, cleanliness & comfort are what I would expect from one of the large good chain hotels.

It may not be slap bang in the centre of Liverpool, but it's only a short taxi ride away. It's also very well placed for Anfield.

Secure free parking is a great bonus. Very good breakfast too.

I'd definitely stay here again, in fact I've already booked!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo