“Expensive, amazing views. Service could do with a bit of help!”
Review of Panoramic 34

Panoramic 34
Ranked #39 of 1,813 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$47 - US$60
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Dine in widescreen at Panoramic 34. Offering the finest food, a warm atmosphere and cinematic views of the city below. Creditcard details are required for all bookings.
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Got there and a bit of confusion regarding our booking name and therefore was obvious we were given the incorrect table (not a window table - which I had requested when booking 2 months previously). However, I know we all can't get a window seat!! Had to ask for coffee's for our afternoon tea! The food was exceptional! Scones to die for!! Shame about young inexperienced waiting staff, would be great if they had some direction and leadership. Poor at explaining things for example the king prawn skewer had been changed to scallops starter, first time we knew about it was when it was served. Was nice but would be a bit of a shock if you didn't like them and just ordered a £30+ set menu for afternoon tea. Will try and evening meal next time!

1  Thank MrandMrsE-Morgan
Write a ReviewReviews (3,368)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've just returned from a lovely champagne afternoon tea at The Panoramic. I can't believe some of the reviews on here complaining about portion size - myself and 2 friends wobbled out absolutely stuffed with delicious sandwiches, cakes and scones. Expensive, yes, but great quality and a really enjoyable treat. We weren't happy initially with our table, but as soon as a window one became available our very attentive waitress moved us.

2  Thank erliverpool
David B, Manager at Panoramic 34, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear 'erliverpool'

Thank you for posting a review of your afternoon tea at Panormic 34, have shared your positive comments with both the Kitchen and Restaurant team.

Best Regards
David

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My partner and I dined here on the 22nd of November and had the A la carte menu. The view was amazing and the restaurant was very busy but there were enough to staff to cope.
The portions of food were plentiful and we both left full after 3 courses (but the scallops starter could have been bigger).
We liked very much the little bread buns at the beginning of the meal on their own warmed tray.
The restaurant was let down by the fact that I found a small piece of metal wire (1-2 cm) among the mushrooms in my beef main. After finding it and finishing my meal I told our waiter who brought over the supervisor, who was very apologetic and removed my main from the bill.
The food was excellent but this was a disappointment, I would return for a special occasion only.

2  Thank Hannylj
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Booked to take my husband here for his birthday as a surprise. I emailed ahead to make a reservation in the lounge area. Drove from North Wales, arrived, we were qucikly greeted and taken to our table and handed menus. Taking in the view we chose our drinks and food. The waitress came over to take our drinks order and then took our menus off us. I told her i needed my menu as i had yet to choose my meal. She then replied 'oh theres a power cut the kitchen is closed!' I asked why no one had contacted us to let us know. To which she replied il get the manager. A gentleman came over and explained it had only had an hour ago! An hour ago we could of gone to chester instead and chosen somewhere else to eat! He said the drinks we had ordered where complimentary and that was that. So we sat and waited 25 mins for 2 glasses of wine and then sadly left!

Such a brilliant location just a shame was couldnt eat!

3  Thank HayleyJason
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Fabulous views of Liverpool from the 34th floor of West Tower. Bar food was excellent but service was poor. Your table is booked on a time basis so you would think they would ensure your order is dealt with quickly. We actually left without part of our order being delivered. The bill, which came quickly, includes 10% service charge which I did not realise until I had paid the bill. You can ask for this to be removed from the bill which I would have done if I had noticed. This was my second visit to this venue the first time the service was not much better. If they could get the service right this would be a brilliant restaurant.