“No discount for take away”
Review of Mei Mei

Mei Mei
Ranked #565 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Firstly beware not to use the menu on just eat web site. It is for a completely different place and shows half the price of this one on Berry Street.

After getting to the bottom of why the take away was £10 more than expected, I asked for a discount from the eat in menu price. After some haggling I got a 10% discount. I was about to walk out and leave the food.

The manage did say that the quality was worth the price.

Do I agree, not really. The crispy chilli beef was proper beef and really nice. Shame the chicken was similar to pre cooked frozen reclaimed meat. Chips on a plastic tray. That will only give one thing soggy chips. Not to my liking.

For the price I was disappointed. But have to say the staff were friendly even given the mix up.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Has the management changed hands?

I have enjoyed dim sum in this restaurant since it first opened. At least once per month without fail.

After my last experience I Will NEVER return.

The food was awful and I mean disgusting.

When I commented politely to the 'new manageress' she said everyone has a bad day and the chef needs a day off.

Gob smacked doesn't come close.

I'm going the Tai Pan in future

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Visited with my sister on Sunday 25th May arriving been a few times over the years unfriendly woman sat down asked us how many the table was for said 2 an shouted to another member off staff an seated us and walked off. Waited a little time for some one to come back with menus while about 6 members of staff was stood at the back chatting in Chinese looking very bored and not wanting to be there when looking round the floor was very dirty stained an litter about an a member of staff went round with a hand held vacuum got a little up and stopped. Ordered our food wait what seemed a very long time brought sauces out and our drinks which am sure where not real brand as advertised tasted not right. Finally our dim sum starter came was nice enough some very strange items but nice finished them waited 15 mins or so for plates to be cleared while still members of staff chatted at the back . Then waited a further 15 mins for our mains to come out which seemed a little too long as place was really quiet an staff standing round then one meal come out with rice then a further 10 mins until the second meal come out food was lovely tho the chicken in second meal seemed bit odd shaped like cheap pre frozen sort you buy for the price expected better and ate what we could an waited another 10 mins for the bill to which I paid by card and then asked would I like to add a tip while I pay?? Thought this was really pushy an never had this before made me feel pressurised to give one I declined via card an said I'd give cash instead gave her one an got a half hearted good bye and I used to look forward to going here not anymore will not come back food gone down hill abit and staff unfriendly

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We did not have a reservation here but were quickly seated. Drinks orders were taken swiftly. We ordered a banquet and were pleased with the quality of the shared platter which arrived swiftly, was hot and contained some lovely items. However, we then waited about 30 minutes for main courses to arrive. The restaurant was bustling send clearly has a lot of repeat customers. The dim sum seemed to be most popular with regulars. Our main courses were really tasty and the side dish of vegetables was lovely.
Overall god quality food and would return but think the service has room for improvement.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Spring Onion Chinese Pancakes ! What a waste of space ! They were dry and tasteless and doughy, and not cheap. I took one to the boss and asked HIM to taste it, he just replied that he'd had them before ! No apologies for a terrible starter.

Fillet steak was good, but no better than my local take-away.

Generally a really bad experience....not to be repeated.