So a few days away from home directory conference in Liverpool entailed a three night stay at the Staybridge suites and I can honestly say I only wish it'd be longer. The building doesn't have the grandest entrance, but it has the warmest welcome Lucy the receptionist who was on Sunday night provided a great source of information and help.
The suites themselves are fabulous, big comfortable bed, great bathroom with powerful shower (alas no bath!), a nice sitting area with a comfortable sofa and a great kitchen reasonably well-equipped for the sort of catering you might want to do while staying here.
The in-house movies were not working on the television, and the ' my staybridge' page which I assume was a digital version of an in-service room guide,was not working so it was a good job Lucy was on reception to provide the answers. There is a pantry bar reception where you can buy small meals and drinks etc, but it's massively overpriced so with a little bit of in-house information from reception and it's a short walk to a Tesco express is perfectly possible to stop the flat for a good three night stay.
It does provide hotel like breakfast, and this is possibly the least successful aspect of it. Every morning I went down the scrambled eggs were congealed and were not replaced while I was actually eating. It's all self service, and a little badly laid out which ensures a lot of congestion while getting served.
You can't fault the level of service here however and that for me is what makes a good place to stay. The reception staff were all fantastic, and the room was a really nice place to come back to after a long day's work.
Fix the movies and tell the chef how to cook scrambled eggs and you're on to 100% winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, non-smoking, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a Serviced Apartment Staybridge Suites Liverpool is the ideal place to stay for temporary housing. Staybridge Suites, Liverpool is located on the famous Kings Waterfront, opposite the ECHO Arena, BT Convention Centre and Albert Docks, the largest collection of Grade 1 listed buildings in the UK, also home to The Beatles Story, Tate Liverpool and Maritime Museum. To compliment this, just a 10 minute walk is the newly opened Liverpool One boasting 42 acres of shopping and leisure. Staybridge Suites offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, Most Suites have a River View. All suites are furnished; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, FLAT SCREEN TV with cable/movies, and FREE Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include 24-hr service, complimentary breakfast and evening receptions (Mon-Thurs), newspaper, business center, fitness room, Priority Club Rewards and free guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Liverpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Staybridge Suites