Staybridge Suites Liverpool
  • Pool
US$107
US$102
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$62
Priceline
US$182
  • Pool
1,953 results
All reviewsecho arenaalbert dockstudio suitesmall kitchenhome from homekitchen areacar parkself cateringbig wheelcomplimentary breakfastexcellent locationlonger stayself servicecoffee machinecity centresecure parkingbeatles story
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I love Liverpool and when I'm in Liverpool I love to stay at Staybridge Suites. Any criticisms I make should be taken in that spirit therefore!

I was cursed with a group of 8 - 10 checking-in before me. But when the staff had processed them I had an efficient and friendly check-in. I was welcomed as a Priority Club member and in my room I found a personalised note and free newspaper – recognition at least!. The room was showing some signs of wear but was still very nice.

The breakfasts cater for a particular range of tastes. They do not cater well for those with a taste for sweet baked goods at this time of day. There were two flavours of pretty ordinary small muffins. But no other pastries. And an empty maple syrup bottle taunted me again from the shelf, bringing to mind how delightful the breakfasts could have been. It contained that wonderful nectar the first time I stayed here but now it's just for show.

The bathrooms might also be said to put show before substance in some respects, as is so with many hotels. There are pictures on the walls and a vase and statuette on a shelf. But there's no shaving mirror and the subdued lighting is of limited help for personal grooming. A towel rail would be useful also. The stylish wash basin also puts style before practicality a little. It takes so long to empty that a soapy residue is inevitably left behind.

I seem to remember that in the past there were real mugs for drinks in the lounge outside of breakfast hours. Now there are only disposable ones, which detracts a bit from the enjoyment. And when making a hot drink in your room it would be better to be able to boil the water in an electric kettle rather than wait for the electric hob to bring the old fashioned kettle to the boil.

There was free wifi but the signal was not strong enough to play video clips or even to update my electronic newspaper one time. And unfortunately Staybridge Suites uses one of the cable TV channel slots for Russia Today, a propaganda channel that is a waste of space.

Despite those gripes Liverpool Staybridge Suites still has my recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Having stayed at Staybridge Suite twice in August - once with children and once with my husband, I can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels in Liverpool. From the friendly and accommodating staff, to the massive and comfortable beds, it can only be described as top notch. My husband can be very fussy about the hotels he stays in and is quite often disappointed, but can honestly say that he didn't have a single grumble - if anything, he loved it so much we decided to book again for a night out in Liverpool. The rooms are extremely clean, the breakfasts are delicious and the location is ideal. We will be looking forward to staying again in near future :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights during summer in August. The location is ideal and parking is just next to the hotel at a cheap rate. However, the services was quite lacklustre. The receptionist was always away and I had to wait for quite a while if I needed to see him. Selection of coffee and tea was disappointing. When my room was made over, I was only given one set of towel even though we had two people staying.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alltime_Travel_Lover
StayGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Alltime_Traveller_Lover
First of all, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced with our reception and housekeeping team. I am very sorry to hear that you did not like our complimentary tea and coffee selection; however, we are one of the few hotels in the country that provides, fresh bean to cup complimentary coffee all day, from a selection of espresso to cappuccino. We also have a large variety of herbal and traditional teas that are also complimentary throughout the day for all of our guests, which is normally a payable service at other hotels. I will further investigate with my team about the reception and housekeeping services you have mentioned on your comment. I am really looking forward to welcoming you to Staybridge on your next visit, please do let me know personally as I would like to meet you and make sure that you enjoy and benefit from all our great services.
Yours sincerely
Asli Kutlucan – General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

From the welcome to the checkout, we really couldn't fault our stay here. In town for the International Music Festival, we had a family room on the first floor. The reception staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Our suite had 2 rooms, a lounge with a suite/fold out double bed and a separate bedroom. A small kitchen area with microwave, sink and utensils was in the corner.

Each room had a TV, a bonus in a family room. The place was beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and the bathroom contained shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.

I had expected that breakfast would be a pre-wrapped continental affair, but it was in fact, excellent. A massive choice of fruit/cereal/yoghurt/breads/muffins/cooked breakfast. The coffee was freshly ground and some of the best Ive had in an hotel.

The hotel is in a great location, less than one minute walk across the bridge to Albert Dock and three or four minutes walk from Liverpool One. Great for concerts as it backs onto the LE Arena.

Next time we're in town, I won't be looking anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trampus01
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just returned home from what can only be described above . . . the Best IHG property I have been to as a Guest. Ticks all the boxes, Location, Facilities, ease of check-in, Food Quality, Staff attentiveness and welcome. We only stayed for one night, but it felt like a whole week, such was the unfussed nature and the very relaxing ambiance of this property that my partner (jokingly) flatly refused to go home unless it was at gunpoint !!

The car parking is secure and adjacent (*ask at reception for a discount card), and the hotel itself is ideal for The Albert Dock, Echo Arena or indeed Liverpool City Centre itself.

All in all a wonderful first trip to this "Hotel", but most definitely not the last.

Room Tip: Look for the entrance after coming out of multi-storey car park facing the doors to Echo Arena to avoid a bit of an obstacle course to get to reception.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple