Staybridge Suites Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in a studio suite. All the staff we encountered were polite and obliging. The in room safe was not working due to flat batteries but this was quickly fixed when we advised reception.These suites are a comfortable size with a good size bathroom. The bed was on the firm side, which is to our liking, and we slept well. Free WiFi is handy as is limited on site parking, although it's cheaper to use the multi-story car park next door with a discount voucher from Staybridge. Free use of the in house laundry is a bonus, particularly when you are travelling for several weeks as we were. The hotel is close to the attractions and food outlets in the docks area and is only a ten minute walk to the main shopping precinct of Liverpool. Breakfast, although limited, was adequate but the hot food was a little on the cold side. The room we had faced the car park and as such the concrete canyon between the buildings became an amplified echo chamber. A women walking through the area in high heel shoes could be heard quite loudly in our room even with the window closed. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you Karl S for the lovely feedback about your Staybridge experience.

We are ecstatic that you appreciated our comfortable, clean and spacious rooms as well as the convenience of having breakfast served daily. One of the many unique features of the Staybridge is its central location and easy accessibility to all things in Liverpool.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit soon.

Warm Regards,
Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

So firstly, there are a lot of positive reviews of this hotel and on the whole, the physical surroundings, and the comfort level of the hotel is very good. So I understand the positives, however, I had a few problems and how a hotel deals with issues is, for me, as important as the physical condition of the hotel and amenities. But on the specifics and positives first. The hotel is located on the water, quite near Albert Dock and the arena. Despite it being in and around quite a lot, the hotel is quiet. So location good and a short walk to town. To get here from the airport, I suggest taking Bus 500 and getting off at the Albert Dock stop, it is just before Liverpool One, which is the bus station. Ask the driver. Once you exit the bus, walk in the direction the bus goes and when you get to the cross walk, cross over the street and go in to Albert Dock (there is a sign), you will cross a bridge, stay to the left and you will then come upon another bridge on your left crossing over a small canal, cross over and keep walking toward Jury's Inn. In fact, when you exit the bus, look across the street and up and when you see Jury's Inn, know that this is where you are heading. Staybridge is nestled right next to Jury's but you cannot see it from the street and, in fact, you really can't see it until you are almost in front of the door, so head for the Jury's and then walk past Jury's and it is the next building. When you enter the hotel, it has a nice warm feeling. The rooms are nice and even a standard room is a good size, with a small kitchen. Bed comfortable, safe, good shower, etc. So that part is all good. So the problems? Well many tripadvisor folks wrote about the friendliness of the staff and I must really have been there on an off weekend as that is not, at all, my experience. The person who checked me in (it was a Friday afternoon) was indifferent at best. When I entered the room, it was quite cold. I know how to use the adjustments and set it to high but after about an hour the room was still quite cold. The second problem is that the internet in the room was not working. So I went down to the front desk, told them the problem and the woman at the desk said 2 things; she would have someone look at the heating issue and see if she could get a router to boost the wireless in the room. I then worked in the lobby and left for a lecture. When I came back there was nothing to indicate anyone had been to the room to adjust anything and there was no route and internet still not working. Overnight, the room became warmer, which indicated to me that having the card in the slot was necessary for the heat to start (something I was told was not the case). When the card was in and overnight, it was warm, when I left and took it out during the day and came back, not so warm. I mentioned the problem of the internet my second day with the same reply. It was just frustrating as the hotel advertises wireless and I was there to work and did not want to be confined to do this to the lobby. When I was mentioning this the 2nd time, the person checking out next to me said she had the same problem and it would connect only when she put her computer on a specific place on the desk. So clearly this is an issue. I then had breakfast and asked the staff for a spoon and she kind of motioned me over to the general area (where of course there was none) instead of checking to see if they needed to be replaced. Finally, when I checked out, the person asked me how was my stay and I told him the issues and again, no reply, not even I am sorry to hear that. He kind of just nodded his head. Certainly things happen, internet goes down, heating might be an issue. It was not so much the fact that these things were not working but that there was no communication by the staff to me that a-anything was checked and b-that is could or could not be resolved. A message on the phone or under the door would have gone a long way. And if for some reason all the wonderful staff were away that weekend, then okay, but otherwise, perhaps the high tripadvisor reviews have made the hotel and its staff a bit comfortable?

Room Tip: I think most rooms are quite quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear CavKA,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My family and I recently had a one night stay at Staybridge Suites, Liverpool and we had a fantastic time. We received a warm welcome on arrival and our suite was superb - a great size and so handy to have a kitchen when staying with two young children. We found the communal areas of the hotel particularly useful as a place to relax in between sightseeing, particularly the Den with its guitar. Breakfast was ideal too with plenty of choice for the adults and the children. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KJ30
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you KJ30 for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us such a wonderful review.

I was so happy to read we met all your expectations and that you were pleased with our amenities and services.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Liverpool and we hope you can stay with us again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Staybridge Suites Liverpool is simply the best hotel experiance l have had in a long time, from the moment we arrived at the reception met with most friendliest staff you could wish for with a very efficient check in, our room was fresh and roomy with everything you could wish for, big tv,fridge,microwave, dishwasher and all cooking utensils plus all cuttlery, ideal if your on business and wish to spend your time relaxing, excelent big comfy bed, bathroom with a power shower, very close to all local attractions, Echo Arene next to hotel, Albert Dock you can see from hotel, city centre 5 mins away.
The lounge area is more like a room in a mansion with lots of big armchairs and settee's plus a quite room called the Den.
The breakfast next morning had lots of chioce both hot and cold plus a 24/7 coffee machine, I would recomend this hotel for leisure or business so give it a try
PS Forgot to mension the free well equiped gym and a full free laundry.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnLmerseyside

Hello johnLmerseyside and thank you very much for leaving such a lovely review for the Staybridge Suites Liverpool.

We take great pride in pleasantly surprising our guests with the product that we offer here at Staybridge. We are very proud to have such a wonderful staff that always goes the extra mile to help and assist our guests to make their stay more enjoyable.

We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Staybridge for your next trip to Liverpool.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Prime location if you are attending a concert or event at the Echo Arena - it is literally 50 metres away or want a base on Albert Dock. A 5 minute walk to the shops First class, friendly staff. Rooms/suites very well appointed. Whilst one nighters are welcomed, the hotel is geared up as an extended stay location with socials organised and the public areas really do feel like your lounge and kitchen, very unlike other hotels. It even says 'welcome home' as you walk in...You don't feel obliged to stay in your room. Coffee machines on all day. Wide choice at breakfast. If you get there early enough you can get one of the underground parking spaces (very limited £10 per night). If you cant have one of these, there is a huge NCP next door with discounted parking. Only 2 little gripes: 1. apparently the room needs more mirrors to do your hair (not my observation, but the wifes) 2. Internet signal a bit temperamental whether using your own 3g/4g or in house free wifi. Overall, excellent value and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kevin c

Hello kevin c and thank you very much for leaving such a nice review for the Staybridge Suites Liverpool.

We take great pride in pleasantly surprising our guests with the product that we offer.

We will look forward to Welcoming you back to Staybridge Liverpool in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for four evenings. The checking in process was hassle free, the rooms were stylish, and the buffet breakfast completes the deal. Also on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, there is free wine and cheese platter which wad a lovely surprise.

The location is simply superb!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank saffa64

Thank you saffa64 for choosing the Staybridge Liverpool,

Guest satisfaction is one of our many goals and we are delighted that our friendly staff met your expectations. Our rooms are a cut above the rest as they are spacious and boast a full size kitchen. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Staybridge Liverpool soon.

Kind Regards

Kirsten Jones

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed one night whilst going to see Cirque de Soleil at the Liverpool Arena.
The suite....Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom all perfect.
Great situation right on Albert Dock , 10 mins from Liverpool One and 100 metres from the Echo Arena,
Breakfast was a buffet and lots of choice
Will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woooodentop
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you Woooodentop for the wonderful feedback about your Staybridge experience.

We are ecstatic that you appreciated our comfortable, clean and spacious rooms as well as the convenience of having a buffet style breakfast.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Warm regards