I stayed here with my wife in May 2014 when we attended a Liverpool FC game whilst on our honeymoon (lucky wife, eh?).
The hotel itself is modern and very well equipped. Was a pleasure to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the apartments kitchen on a typically cold northern English day. The bed was comfortable and we had a great sleep for both nights we were there.
Rooms are spacious enough too - with a closet to hang your clothes, draws and air conditioning.
Breakfast is good and I love how the breakfast room acts as a place to chill out and have a coffee at all other hours. The coffee machine can be used at any time.
Location is top notch. Ten minute (brisk) walk to all the cool bars in the heart of town, but even better, the hotel is on the docks which is a fairy trendy part of town with it's own restaurants and bars. The Beatles museum is a stones throw away and was also pretty good.
I'd give the hotel a 5 if it weren't for a young guy at the front desk who clearly had no idea what he was doing, and I blame the hotel for lack of training. He had no ability to gauge what guests wanted or needed, and whilst we were checking in, someone came downstairs to advise they had just been assigned a room that was already occupied, and hence they walked in on guests (who knows what they could have been doing at the time).
He also made a big deal of 'not being supposed to accept penny's' when another guest tried to pay for an item with exact change. She explained it was all the money she had and he still pushed back before eventually accepting the money. Really petty stuff, but since it didn't affect my wife or I, we were able to write it off as a real life version of 'Fawlty Towers'.
Rest of the staff were lovely and I would definitely stay there again when in Liverpool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, non-smoking, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a Serviced Apartment Staybridge Suites Liverpool is the ideal place to stay for temporary housing. Staybridge Suites, Liverpool is located on the famous Kings Waterfront, opposite the ECHO Arena, BT Convention Centre and Albert Docks, the largest collection of Grade 1 listed buildings in the UK, also home to The Beatles Story, Tate Liverpool and Maritime Museum. To compliment this, just a 10 minute walk is the newly opened Liverpool One boasting 42 acres of shopping and leisure. Staybridge Suites offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, Most Suites have a River View. All suites are furnished; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, FLAT SCREEN TV with cable/movies, and FREE Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include 24-hr service, complimentary breakfast and evening receptions (Mon-Thurs), newspaper, business center, fitness room, Priority Club Rewards and free guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Staybridge Suites Liverpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Staybridge Suites