I travelled by myself to Liverpool for a concert and needed a hotel within close proxmity to the venue for the sake of safety being female. Well, I couldn't have been any closer or happier with my choice. The hotel was far more comfortable (amazingly soft bed), spacious and closer to the venue than I ever could have imagined.
With a lovely equipped kitchen, dinner was taken indoors each of my three nights. There's a Tesco about a 15 minute walk away to pick up ready made items - look for the Hilton Hotel in the distance and follow the road up the hill where the bus shelters are (next to Hilton). Though a kettle and tea bags/coffee packets are available in the room, the hotel offers this 24-hours a day in their very spacious, comfortable kitchen area where mugs and take away cups are provided.
Breakfast consisted daily of cold cereals, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk (including skimmed), breads other than for toast, and a different hot meal daily. The self service nature in the breakfast room felt more like I was in someone's home rather than a breakfast buffet at a hotel. It was a wonderful and substantial way to start the day.
There is ample seating adjoining the kitchen area if you don't want to meet with friends/family in your room. The lobby has a cozy fireplace section as well.
Hotel back entrance is literally steps from the Echo Arena. Entry back in to the hotel is safely accessed only with one's hotel key card which must also be used to operate the elevators. Traveling from America on my own, all these added security features were pleasant and welcome surprises.
Hotel is walking distance to town and in very close proximity to the Beatles Museum, Liverpool hop on/hop off tourist bus, and the extraordinary International Slavery Museum. Through a grim part of history, I would highly recommend a visit - it's free, too.
Overall, I can't say enough about this property with its location to the Echo Arena, city center, and presentation/service of hotel with ammenities offered. If it weren't for the fact I live so far away, I would most definitely return to Liverpool with a reservation at Staybridge Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, non-smoking, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a Serviced Apartment Staybridge Suites Liverpool is the ideal place to stay for temporary housing. Staybridge Suites, Liverpool is located on the famous Kings Waterfront, opposite the ECHO Arena, BT Convention Centre and Albert Docks, the largest collection of Grade 1 listed buildings in the UK, also home to The Beatles Story, Tate Liverpool and Maritime Museum. To compliment this, just a 10 minute walk is the newly opened Liverpool One boasting 42 acres of shopping and leisure. Staybridge Suites offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, Most Suites have a River View. All suites are furnished; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, FLAT SCREEN TV with cable/movies, and FREE Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include 24-hr service, complimentary breakfast and evening receptions (Mon-Thurs), newspaper, business center, fitness room, Priority Club Rewards and free guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Staybridge Suites Liverpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Staybridge Suites