“Ideal Hotel for Concerts at Echo Arena”

Staybridge Suites Liverpool
Ranked #4 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I travelled by myself to Liverpool for a concert and needed a hotel within close proxmity to the venue for the sake of safety being female. Well, I couldn't have been any closer or happier with my choice. The hotel was far more comfortable (amazingly soft bed), spacious and closer to the venue than I ever could have imagined.

With a lovely equipped kitchen, dinner was taken indoors each of my three nights. There's a Tesco about a 15 minute walk away to pick up ready made items - look for the Hilton Hotel in the distance and follow the road up the hill where the bus shelters are (next to Hilton). Though a kettle and tea bags/coffee packets are available in the room, the hotel offers this 24-hours a day in their very spacious, comfortable kitchen area where mugs and take away cups are provided.

Breakfast consisted daily of cold cereals, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk (including skimmed), breads other than for toast, and a different hot meal daily. The self service nature in the breakfast room felt more like I was in someone's home rather than a breakfast buffet at a hotel. It was a wonderful and substantial way to start the day.

There is ample seating adjoining the kitchen area if you don't want to meet with friends/family in your room. The lobby has a cozy fireplace section as well.

Hotel back entrance is literally steps from the Echo Arena. Entry back in to the hotel is safely accessed only with one's hotel key card which must also be used to operate the elevators. Traveling from America on my own, all these added security features were pleasant and welcome surprises.

Hotel is walking distance to town and in very close proximity to the Beatles Museum, Liverpool hop on/hop off tourist bus, and the extraordinary International Slavery Museum. Through a grim part of history, I would highly recommend a visit - it's free, too.

Overall, I can't say enough about this property with its location to the Echo Arena, city center, and presentation/service of hotel with ammenities offered. If it weren't for the fact I live so far away, I would most definitely return to Liverpool with a reservation at Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AirportWorker
Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed 31 January 2011

Stayed here in Liverpool Staybridge Suites for 2 weeks to visit the city and family and friends. Room 624, lovely view of the Wheel and passing boats on the Mersey. Breakfast is excellent way to start the day, we never needed lunch! Lovely idea of cheese and wine on mid week nights made us feel very at home. Our family and friends were welcomed there too. This place has a very personal touch that you do not get in bigger hotels and we will be looking up Staybridge again on our travels.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kath1988
Reviewed 28 January 2011

This is my 3rd stay in the past 90 days. I have to say that I feel let down this time. I usually stay on the 4th or 5th floor. This time I have been given a room on the 1st floor with no view, except a brick wall. This is fine, except when I got into the room there was a very strong odor of cooked food in the room that took 2 days to clear. I also noticed that on this stay the room was dirty. There is an empty wrapper in the closet of some sort of food. The shower was not cleaned from the previous occupants--hair in the shower. Worst of all is that the maid does not fully clean the room. I am not staying on a weekend either. One day the housekeeper came and made up the bed but did not empty the trash or take away the dirty towels and bring clean towels. The next day the maid did not come at all. In fairness I had a "do not disturb" sign up until 830am, but took it off when I left the room at 830am. I am hoping that when I return to my hotel this afternoon the trash will have been taken out and I will have clean towels.
Other than housekeeping issues, this is an excellent hotel. Never had any problem with the staff and always enjoy breakfast and the manager reception. It feels like home when I come here. I would still stay here again, only I would request a higher floor and hopefully the housekeeping issues will be addressed.

1  Thank ginaporritt
StayGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2011

Thank you for your review. The team and I are of course delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall, however we are all extremely disappointed with your comments regarding the Housekeeping of your suite.

I have spoken to the housekeeper who looked after your room during your stay and have gone through your concerns with her. She was very distressed and has offered her apologies to you. The hotel prides itself on being spotlessly clean and we have received some excellent reviews on cleanliness, so we take your points very seriously. I only wish that you had raised these concerns during your stay so that we could have addressed them immediately.

I am also very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the view from your suite on this occasion. We will always try and assign suites to our guests preference wherever possible. The next time you stay with us, please let the Guest Services Team know your preferences and we will add these to your profile in our systems to ensure that all of your expectations are met.

We truly look forward to welcoming you 'home' very soon.

Wayne Androliakos

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Excellent location with parking faclities. Free (if slightly slow) wireless internet throughout hotel a great bonus.
Spend a lot of time in hotels and this makes the perfect cross over, not fully serviced apartments but with some hotel facilities.
Staff were great and helpful on the occasions I needed them. Pantry great for nibbles or just want a quick dinner whilst getting work done and the Managers reception evenings are a bonus!
Only downside was the bathroom (room 502) very cold! Had to use air con unit in bedroom to heat bathroom up, but over than that a wonderful stay and will definately be back for further trips to area.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

This place was brilliant. Had never stayed in staybridge suites before but definitely would again. The concept is fantastic - a big room with an inbuilt kitchen and all the crockery and utensils you can imagine. Even a dishwasher is provided so you don't have to wash up. The place was spotless. The breakfast was fantastic but if I had to nitpick the croissants were a bit on the hard side. Location fantastic. We only stayed for the weekend but I reckon this place would be great for a longer stay also.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Writing this review from the hotel room right now. Stayed here for a week and really liked it. Extended my stay for another week and the start hasn't been as goo as last week but still quite good. Here's a summary

-------------------------------------------------------------
Pros
The staff are friendly and you don't see too many of them around. Still the rooms get cleaned and the standard of service is quite good.

The location is excellent with plenty to see and do around. Really close to Liverpool 1.

The hotel is excellent for business users or extended stay as you get your own kitchenette and sofa in case you prefer to eat in. You get a hob, microwave combi cooker, fridge and dishwasher.

Complimentary internet service though only 256 Kbps. You have to pay for the high speed connection

Gym/workout facilities included

Complimentary drinks thrice a week (or so I think as I don't drink)

Daily Breakfast menu : Croissants, white/brown bread, bagels, jams, butter/spread, marmalade, tea, coffee, apple orange & cranberry juice, teas, coffees, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, egg or omelette, baked beans and bacon.

Small shop in hotel selling food and drinks which is quite convenient.
------------------------------------------------------------

Cons
VAT not included in fare which is unusual

Some rooms are smaller than others. First week I got Room 117 which was great. The following week I was given room 225 which was much smaller. The safe was disgracefully small whereas in 117 I could fit in my 16" laptop and still have loads of room.

The microwave was dirty when I checked in. This might have been an oversight and I put it down to human error. However, it was rather late and I didn't want to call someone to clean it up so I did it myself and cooked a quick dinner.

To balance this though , on the day before checking out last week, there were no dishwasher tablets so I asked for some at reception before leaving for the day. I still couldn't find any on returning but someone had run the dishwasher and washed all the dishes instead which I really liked.

Rates have been hiked in 2011 making it slightly expensive.

Parking is £8 per night

High Speed Internet is rather expensive

Breakfast menu is the same every day
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviewed 7 January 2011

This is a great way to stay in liverpool. Everything you need in a hotel without the bits you don't want to pay for.
You get a suite which includes a small kitchen containing a microwave/oven, hob and refigerator. The reception will arrange for local restaurants to deliver to your room if you don't want to cook for yourself. There is a small 24hr shop on the site that sells a limited range of meals and alcohol (prices higher than nearby supermarkets). Breakfast is the serve yourself variety but everything you need is there.
Our room was spotlessly clean, overlooking the docks area.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Liverpool One and the tourist docklands area, it's just a little further to the centre of Liverpool but still only a 10-15min walk.
Secure underground car park is available for a fee.
Staff were professional and very welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple