“Fantastic food and Great service”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I visited with my family a party of six in total including two Children. The service was fantastic from the moment we arrived. The choice of food was great from Pasta dishes to Steaks. I chose fillet steak which was incredible. It was very child friendly and we all felt very relaxed, All the food was home made. The Chef who is Canadian came out to chat with us and was so accommodating. He has been at the Restaurant for over six years. We had a wonderful evening and all enjoyed our food the wine and service was incredible and we will be returning very soon.

1  Thank Lexie C

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Mixed feelings regarding this establishment. The area is overrun with restaurants and cafes and therefore I'd imagine to secure a good return a new venture needs something to attract returning diners, unfortunately I just don't think it stands out enough. Visited on 2 occasions and used KGB vouchers. What I feel let's it down is the obvious cheap interior fittings and furnishings and a rather "scruffy" appearance. The whole place could do with a good cleaner and crisp fresh linen on tables. The first impressions of the place is the dirty looking stair carpet which hasn't been professionally fitted. The tables are squashed in (however this isn't unusual in many places) The service was satisfactory but on both occasions although quiet I felt if it had been busier they wouldn't have coped. Possibly they were expected to multi task and therefore appeared a little stressed?! Who knows! Very polite and therefore maybe management decision to have them working the bar, the tables and the telephone?
Visited both on a Sunday afternoon and early week night and therefore different menu selection aswell as a la carte. Presentation matters and the Sunday roast menu was a scruffy looking piece of paper which had seen better days. Might not bother some people but the price list isn't cheap. The actual meals were nicely presented and tasty, no complaints, especially using the KGB voucher. However what is letting this establishment down is the feeling that management are charging higher prices for lower than average surroundings. This won't attract evening diners to return as competition is on their very doorstep! The place had a cafe and early evening bar atmosphere but not the choice for a special occasion or event. Don't bother getting dressed up to dine here, you would seriously feel over dressed!! So come on management - spend some cash on fixtures and fittings, smarten up the waiting on staff ( hard to identify) and either reduce the prices or bring everything up to the next level.......

1  Thank LindsayCheshire
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Took family for birthday meal. Five of us and didn't break the bank. The food was lovely and we all found something that suited (carnivores and veggie). Desserts were fab too. Although all the family were grown ups, as we went early evening there were some children there, so I assume they found something on the menu too. The big tables are in booths so there is plenty of room with no one knocking into the back of your chair. Could be difficult with a wheelchair. Parking on Allerton Road in the evening is ok, but it does get boisterous and very busy later in the evenings due to there being lots of bars and restaurants which pavement seating (since the smoking ban). Not suitable for children later on.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I recently visited this restaurant for lunch with a colleague and found myself enjoying both the food and the atmosphere so much I was reluctant to leave. A second (Thursday evening) visit followed shortly after and the welcome I received was top notch. The bartender had an excellent knowledge of every cocktail under the sun and the food was once again, delicious. A female singer entertained us for the rest of the evening and we didn't leave our seats for the entire night. An absolute pleasure all round. My new favourite restaurant.

Reviewed 30 November 2009

I ate here with my family and we tried the new Christmas menu, it was fantastic there was so much choice and the food was delicious. The staff were very friendly and help full. It was reasonably priced too I will definitely be going back.