“Strapped for cash only!”
Review of City B&B

City B&B
Ranked #66 of 78 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Me and my friends were looking for somewhere cheap to stay for a night out in liverpool. This hotel came up as by far the cheapest and it enabled us all to stay for 10pound each which was ideal!

Our stay began with having being given the wrong postcode on all the information and then after finding the hotel we turned up in an industrial estate with only a petrol station nearby. We then took the walk down to the local wine bar where we had to check in. I have to say that the check in procedure was standard and the information we received was ok but nothing great.

When walking into the hotel we were greeted by some quite dodgy looking european guests and were initially very nervous. We tentatively opened the door to our rooms and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and simplicity of the room. The room was quite nice for the money and the bathrooms were clean enough so we were at ease and gave it a chance.

The main problems came when we came to sleep. The beds were quite uncomfortable and lumpy but this was expected for the money. The main issue was the incredibly noisy water system. Whenever anyone in any of the toilets used the tap shower or toilet, a very noisy rattling and humming ran through the rooms which woke me up several times during the night.

Overall, i would say that this hotel is great for anyone who really is strapped for cash and is just looking for a place to rest their head for the night. If you can stump up a little more for a travelodge....Do it! I do not regret staying here because it enabled us all to visit liverpool for the money but next time i will not be returning and paying a little more for a travelodge!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2013

i say ok for price but would never return, not because of the room because of the very rude woman who checked us in. The room was clean but basic,the area is not very nice but when we stayed it was very quiet ,we walked to centre it took around 20 minutes .there is a great cafe underneath the people who run it are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Jack J.

What a fandabadolzzle review...... Hilarious, I actually crying with laughter!! Lol

Hotels very basic, 3 beds in a room, but for 20 pounds, what do you expect.

I'd stay here again but for no more than £20.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Allee R
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This luxury accommodation was a stone’s throw away from the city centre and in a lovely part of town. The checking in system was simple and convenient and the staff were so friendly! We were greeted with such a lovely welcome and they didn’t mind going the extra mile to make our stay more pleasurable. The rooms were comfortable with all mod cons included and to our delight; spotlessly clean. Décor was modern and nicely designed and we didn’t want to leave. A wonderful experience which made our stay in Liverpool a truly enjoyable time for all involved. The only negative feedback I could give would be that at breakfast the tomato ketchup wasn’t Heinz. I think it was Daddies, and my eggs were slightly over cooked. But to be fair I am incredibly fussy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jack J
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We seriously considered re-booking and writing off the money we had paid after reading these reviews.

Yes the area is run down, yes the accomadation is basic, yes I didn't feel like leaving my car parked outside and yes it is a walk into town, but if you are paying £30-£40 for a hotel what are you expecting?

We had a night out in Liverpool and wanted somewhere to rest our heads and this exactly fitted the bill. Great cafe down stairs as well offering good food.

If you are a young family - steer well clear, if you are looking for a bed to sleep following a heavy night - this is your place!

Room Tip: Don't expect too much....
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank wimpo1706
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We booked this hotel a night before through trivago for £26 for the 3 off us, its more like a hostel and if im honest. I would have been happy if we had a bed, a roof and a blanket. Area was very dodgy, so I wouldn't like to leave my car there but you could. Collect your keys from o'tooles. Woman was rude but who cares, didn't see her again. Room was on the top and we were expecting the worst based on the reviews. We had 3 singles in a room, with a tv. Showers were ok, if I'm generous. But as a base for a night out, was very surprised and satisfied. Towels were £1 to hire

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wolvogirl
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here for a weekend away with friends, and regretted that decision as soon as we arrived - even though we only spent about 5 hours in the dump (& that was long enough!).

There was no hot water, floors filthy, bedrooms had rubbish in them and everything seemed as it hadn't been cleaned in ages. Its situated in the docklands area of Liverpool, which is completely rundown and derelict and a very long walk into the city centre. And to top it all off, there was no tea & coffee making facilities for the morning hangover!

Avoid this place like the plague because I am never stopping there again!!

Room Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends