“Pleasant stay”

and 1 more site!
Snooze Guest Accommodation
Ranked #25 of 78 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Spent two nights at the Snooze, found our stay comfortable, large room surprisingly quiet despite facing onto main road. Danny ( one of the owning family) was on hand and was most helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was fine. It's not 5 star but is good value for money and was handy for visits into the city, taxis were between £5 and £6, we'll certainly use the Snooze on any further visits to Liverpool.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you have problems climbing stairs
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2012

On arrival at the hotel, we were impressed by the location and how close it was to town but the surrounding area wasnt very pleasant.
The rooms were excellent..modern, spacious, extremely clean, however the mattresses were horrific! I had springs sticking in my back all night!!!
We met two members of staff, the gentleman who I only can assume is the owner was very obliging and polite but I was disappointed with the lady who looked after the building during the evening/night. Our car was blocked in the tiny car park they provide in the evening and we were due at a private event (the reason for the visit). She responded by saying 'there is nothing I can do, it could be anyone's car'. The most rude and unhelpful lady I have ever come across.

• Stayed: November 2012
Richieharper, Owner at Snooze Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologise about your mattress being uncomfortable and hope that you still got a good night's sleep. As a result of your comment we have had a thorough check of all of our beds, have replaced any that were not up to the required standard and will continue to monitor them closely.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

not bad for the price a bit basic but this is not the Adelphi. Rooms were clean and tidy, breakfast was self service but adequate. Car park a bit small but not helped by people who can't park in a bay. Staff were very helpful and gave good advice on where to eat. We enjoyed our 4 day visit and would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Great value for money room was clean n warm very inviting with friendly owners/ workers self service breakfast good selection, car park at the rear . location is good with local pubs and places for food 10 minute drive to the Albert docks and other amenities overall experience great would defiantly stay again x

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Helenphillips
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My partner and I stayed here as part of the present I got her for her birthday (teamed up with a show at the theatre), and we were not disappointed. I'm a student, and I first found out about Snooze after driving past it on the way back from nights out in Liverpool, so when it came to looking for somewhere to stay, this was my first choice. Once I saw the price on the internet; I was sold!
We drove separately on this day, and as I arrived at Snooze before her, I met the owner's girlfriend and checked in. She was incredibly friendly and easy to talk to; her cheerfulness made me feel really welcome. I was told that if there was anything I needed (such as a DVD player, or food from breakfast that she had left out for us), I only had to ask... perfect! I was shown up to our room (2) and was pleasantly surprised at how light and airy the room was. The bathroom was spacious and well decorated, and the bedroom itself was minimalist yet homely. There was a TV with plenty of channels, along with complimentary tea and coffee. On the desk was a hand-typed brochure with loads of information regarding travel and amenities in Liverpool which was really handy. The staff were really friendly, and on leaving for the theatre in the afternoon, we had another chat and they recommended places to go afterwards which was nice. As we had our own key, we could come and go as we pleased and this suited us well and we were out quite late at night. I live nearby and had some taxi numbers already, and it only cost us approx. £5 to get in/out of town which was handy! On our return at night, we went to bed and my partner was out like a light - she slept extremely well and said the bed was really comfy and snug! I had a good night's sleep too, and despite being near a main road, barely heard cars at all!
My only qualms about the room were that the two beds that had been pushed together seemed to be at (very slightly) different heights, which wasn't particularly comfortable at times.. and also that there was no shower gel in the shower, or hairdryer in the room (luckily my partner was prepared so it didn't affect us, but I know I wouldn't have thought to bring any myself!) so I'd just advise people to be more prepared than I was!
Being in Wavertree, the location isn't perfect.. but the price of the room, the cheeriness of the staff, and the quality of the room completely makes up for that. We had a great stay and would recommend Snooze to anyone! We'd love to come back! :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which was at the back; I imagine this room is quieter than the ones at the front...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

3 girls spent last weekend at Snooze as we were in Liverpool to see John Bishop at the Echo Arena. Upon arrival we were shown to our room on the top floor to find it was set up as a double and a single but we were assured that it would be altered to 3 single beds whilst we were out.

The room was large and the bathroom was clean and well decorated with a shower, loo and sink. Handwash and towels were supplied, as were tea and coffee making facilities.

You can book a taxi into Liverpool by using the phone in reception but this company (Penny Lane) won't come and pick you up again - we used Alpha Taxis to get back (0151 722 8888). It cost £5 with Penny Lane and £6 with Alpha. Buses cost £1.90 per person each way so a taxi was the cheaper option for the 3 of us.

The room was set up as promised once we returned to the guest house. There are lovely, cosy duvets on the beds but the mattresses are quite lumpy and I woke with a sore shoulder from being poked by a spring. I had a poor nights' sleep as the guest house is located on quite a busy road but this was nobody's fault but my own as I am a light sleeper.

Breakfast in the morning was a help yourself affair, offering 3 types of cereal, bread for toast with butter and various jams, a platter of fruit, tea, coffee as well as orange and apple juices. It was realxed and every member of staff we met was wonderfully polite and friendly.

There are enough parking spaces at the back of Snooze for 5 cars and the staff were kind enough to allow us to leave our car there while we went back into Liverpool for a day of shopping, even though we had checked out.

To sum up, we had a great stay which only cost us £20 each, and the only negative in a weekend of positives was the bumpy mattresses. I'd stay at Snooze again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have returned from a girls weekend at the Snooze Hotel Liverpool. The hotel is only 2 miles from the centre, approx £6 in taxi. Rooms were lovely and clean and very comfortable and exceptional value with a lovely friendly manager. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends