“A very warm welcome!”

Ranked #40 of 71 Liverpool B&B and Inns
BSE, Suffolk
“A very warm welcome!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I've rated this very good mainly due to the extremely warm, friendly welcome from the manager when we stayed for one night at the weekend. The room itself (double, en suite) was very small and basic but clean and nicely decorated. There were a couple of things which, if improved, would bring my rating up to excellent, the main one being the bed. The mattress was a bit lumpy and would definitely benefit from having a topper on it. The quilt was way too small for the bed which meant my husband and I were fighting over it all night!!! The television didn't work, and there was no soap in the dispensor, luckily we had our own shower gel. Also the shower head would not stay up so we had to wedge it in place with some of the sugar sachets from the tea tray!!! Having said all that, I would still stay here again, as I think if we had mentioned any of the above (apart from the lumpy mattress!!) the manager would have done his best to help us, as he was really very friendly and accomodating upon our arrival. Perhaps a better inspection of the rooms before guests arrive would have highlighted the lack of soap and loose shower head, and maybe the tv. As we were only there for one night these things were not too inconvenient. A tip for a fabulous breakfast....turn left out of the hotel and walk for 200yds or so to Cafe Cargo on the same side of St Mary's Road, best fry up and tea I've had in a cafe, and great value!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Claremont, California
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I only need to stay one night as I was doing business in the city. I arrived late due to work responsibilities and the staff was very welcoming. I was shown to a nice clean room, and it was nice to have the option to make a great cup of tea before I went to bed.
It was a small room, but clean, cozy and safe and as a woman traveling alone, that is of utmost importance to me. Thank you for a nice stay ;)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank happygrrrl
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

very friendly welcome had no problem with the room was clean,you can come and go as you please,had a great sleep very comfy bed,only problem i had it was too warm the heating was on full with the temp outside at 22 just too stuffy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caz6611
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2010

stayed here last weekend for a friend's wedding. delightful manageress who went out of her way to make me feel welcome (upgrade, offer of an iron). convenient location for the south parkway station and the airport.

internet access was a bit weird: got to use the wifi of the dance school next door, rather than the guest house's! also a few guests were noisy, but that is not the place's fault (i'm just grumpy if i got woken whilst hungover!)

also over the road from the guest house is a great massage place: had a 30 minute massage for only £15; highly recommended!

friends also stayed and loved it.

would willingly stay there again as soon as i can afford tickets to anfield (and liverpool start winning again...)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank sappho96
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Very cosy little guest house... Rooms were nice and large and the on-suite was lovely :) I went with a party of 6 including myself and we booked 2 rooms..... 3 in each rrom and there was more than enough room. The only things i would have to twist about was the beds which were very hard and 1 of the sheets had dry blood or a stain on??? But apart from that all was good !!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends