“Recommend for a good night out!!”

The Stalbridge Guest House
Ranked #40 of 71 Liverpool B&B and Inns
“Recommend for a good night out!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here with 3 other friends, we came down for a birthday weekend as we heard it was a good night out! Had a quadruple ensuite room and was fantastic for what we payed! Room was massive, plenty of space to get ready and bathroom was nice and new too! Staff really helpful, told us best places to go and also offered us late checkout which was needed! Location good to centre payed around £8 in taxi so was good between 4 of us! Would recommend to anyone who wants a good place to stay for a night out in Liverpool! Will defiantly be back.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

i had come to liverpool for the weekend and was staying in a travel lodge i ended up missing my flights home and had no money and nowhere to stay. my mum booked me into the stalbridge hotel and i was welcomed in with open arms, the owners were really friendly, even though they had a family member rushed to hospital and the room was lovely, i felt right at home, i will definatly stay here again. fantastic place, i dont agree with the rest of the reviews. i would recommend anyone to stay here!!

Room Tip: choose a room with en suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Do not stay here unless you are young and want to party all through the night. There were young people traipsing up and down the stairs from when I arrived back at the “guest house” at 5.00 pm until 5.00 am the next morning. I had to be up at 6 to catch a plane and did not get any sleep. The room was tiny and the furniture was ancient, including the TV, albeit clean. The bathroom was tiny but new and clean. The advertising material is very misleading, as is Trip Advisor! The location is also a bit scary.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Joyce J

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

When I booked, I was quoted £180 B&B, when I arrived I was charged £210 and told "we don't do breakfast". The one day I did have time to look for the diner that was recommended by the hotel for breakfast, it was Sunday and the diner was closed. One night we ordered a takeaway from a delivery firm recommended by the hotel, and we all became ill as a result. I phoned days before arrival to confirm and say that we would arrive later on, we were told they close at 10pm, we arrived at 9.50pm after a horrendous journey, buzzed the door and was told "we're closed", I pointed out that they had said 10, and that I hadn't answered my phone whilst driving, and they reluctantly let us in, but it was obviously a hassle for them to do so. Upon checkout, I got an angry phone call and threat of a charge as they couldn't find the keys I had dropped in the slot as requested, although they did apologise when I called back and said they had found them earlier and were going to phone me (supposedly).

On the plus side, the guest house was clean.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer H
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Exactly what we wanted and better than expected. Bathroom was big but the shower wasnt every powerful, you get what you pay for! The staff were very helpful and easy to contact on the phone. We stayed friday and saturday in a room for four and it was much bigger than we imagined - there were tea making facilities. We received three keys between the 4 of us (i think usually you get one each).The cleaner came round at about midday. The trip to town is about 15 minutes and can cost anything from £8 to £12. delta seemed to be cheapest even though the guest house gave us details for village. Prebook (there and back) on a Saturday because we waited over an hour both ways. Most companies dont know the hotel so just direct them to st marys road garston. street parking was easy to find.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Myself and 3 friends stayed in a 4 bedroom room, it was spacious and immaculate. The guest house staff were so very friendly and helpful, I would not have hesitated to approach them had we had any problems as they seemed very genuine and passionate about the guest house. We offered to pay for a late check out and they said this was not necessary and allowed us to check out at midday as it wouldn't have caused a problem! Taxis into the town centre are reasonably priced between £9-£12 and there is plenty of on street parking on the surrounding roads, a supermarket directly across the road which is very convenient. I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for everything (as we didn't see you on our way out), we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return, and also recommend to others!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank missvixs
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My two sisters and I stayed at this dump having brought my daughter to Liverpool University and it was the only place we could get booked and I now know why! Where do I start? A 'manager' that sleeps on the premises but is not visible. Payment demanded when you arrive rather than when you check out (alarm bells should have sounded then). We took a taxi to Lark Lane where we had drinks and a gorgeous Indian meal, we headed back to the Stalbridge at around 10:30pm. The noise coming from every room was horrendous, there must have been a party going on, doors were clashed, music was terrible, shouting and screaming. Someone walked into our room at 12:30, absolutely plastered. It was then that I decided to call the hotel from my mobile (as the manager was invisible). The manager turned up, asked them to leave, they refused as thay had paid up front (like us), one of the guests had a german shepherd staying in the room (you couldn't make it up!). At 01:15 am, someone started banging our door down looking for the 'invisible' manager as they wanted a refund. Then three police officers arrived and there followed a huge argument with the 'guests' and I use that term loosely! We eventually got to sleep at around 4am, we had to be out of the room at 10am. When we checked out, there was no-one on reception (the invisible manager again). I called him from reception and said I wanted a partial refund because of the inconvenience we had had and he said he wasn't allowed to give refunds.
All in all, this place is the absolute pits and the area is even worse, I was expecting my wheels to be missing when I went to the car the next morning, thankfully, they were still in tact. Without doubt the worst place I have ever stayed in my life!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank BeFrank_10
stalbridgehotel, Manager at The Stalbridge Guest House, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
The management team at the Stalbridge feel very strongly about the above review.
we are sorry for your disappointment during your stay with us on this occasion. we are a family run guest house, who live on site and we are around 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We also have CCTV fitted in and around our building for extra security. We are room only accommodation and no extra charges can occur during your stay so pay on arrival is are policy, as keys are posted down key slot on departure no check out is required.
The room you booked was 1 out of 7 of our ensuite rooms situated on one side of are building, on this occasion 3 rooms were occupied with night workers! and 1 room next to yours was occupied with a couple. unfortunately for us and other guests like yourselves, this couple ended up drunk an in a dispute amongst themselves, after being notified of this by yourselves management went up to room to diffuse the situation unfortunate this was impossible, so police had to be called at am to remove guest from are property and by 1:30am the guests had left and all was left quiet. So we don't understand why you never slept, also room keys are given out on arrival by management only to rooms the guest has booked. so therefore find it impossible that another guest could enter your room at any point! also this is not viable on any of the CCTV.
All our rooms are kept spotlessly clean and guests made to feel safe and looked after and we pride ourselves on this. please see any of are previous reviews for a true reflection of our service all past guests would stay again.

Kind Regards