“If you want to sleep somewhere, don't choose it...”

The Stalbridge Guest House
Ranked #40 of 71 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“If you want to sleep somewhere, don't choose it...”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We arrived to this "hotel" at 8:07 pm - after 2 days of driving from Hungary. We pushed the bell's button and a man told that then hotel is closed, we cannot check in.
After a few minutes we found the door open and entered.
We was 5-6 minutes alone in the ground floor, then arrived a rude man (as he said he was the owner). He louded with me (however I'm a doctor...) told me that the late arrival (7 minutes...) it isn't his problem. He received my credit card's number and CV-code from booking.com (as I think it's forbidden to give this informations to a third people) and wanted to steel the price of the room (for the big nothing) from my card. Then he called the police for us... Such as the burglars... We wanted only our room and sleep somewhere after 2 days.
This procedure was near 1 hour long... This 1 hour he could give as a key and turn to sleep...
In the advertisement he wrote that he has a car park, but he hasn't it! Liar!
The owner was very impolite, enemy, immodest... I could continue it during many lines...
This is the English hospitality, thank you! We will never stop in the UK!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Agnes R
stalbridgehotel, Manager at The Stalbridge Guest House, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We at the Stalbridge Guest House are sorry and dissapointed by the review you had left, As
we pride our selves by trying our hardest to make every guests stay as comfortable and satisfiable as possible.
We are a family run Guest house who live on the premises, So when making a booking with ourselves or through online booking agents as booking.com etc.

We clearly state " Could all guests please state estimated time of arrival" and also state our check in times "12pm to 8pm". (so we can work around guests)
In your case you never contacted the Guest House at all and arrived at 10:07pm and upon arrival you was very rude and aggressive with a member of staff.

At The Stalbridge Guest House we do not tolerate any type of bad behavior towards our staff or guests and we do definitely do not tolerate any damage to the Guest House and police will be called immediately.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel manager was great, very helpful.

Great for airport- £6 in a taxi.

The hotel is across from a supermarket and there are a few take aways and pubs within a minute walk.

Shared kitchen is a great idea but was locked really early.

A couple of grumbles- No handwash in the shared toilets and the heating was turned off about 8pm so was very cold.

The hotel is on a main road so was quite noisy and my room was next to the entrance so could hear people coming in throughout the night/morning.

Overall, not bad but i'll be staying in the Premier Inn in future. I usually stay there for £29 amd it's right next to the airport but was double the usual price which is why I stayed here.

• Stayed January 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As a single woman travelling alone this is perfect for flying from John Lennon Airport. I stayed here June 2012 in a large ensuite front facing room. Even though it overlooked the main street I slept well. I booked again for July 2013 & the owner remembered me, which Is nice. I had a single ensuite shower room, which was perfect, when I book again I will ask for the same room. There is a kitchen dining room for guests so you can bring what you need for breakfast or visit Asda across the road. There's free wifi which I needed help with but the owner soon fixed it. There is tea/coffee & biscuits available, I don't drive so parking didn't concern me. The owner has done a wonderful job with the interior he is wanting to smarten the outside but as a listed building it takes time. I will stay here again no problem & highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The 2 times I stayed here the rooms were clean & warm with ensuite shower, I slept well & wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Madaleine C
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here on my own on Nov 4th, travelling from Liverpool to France. Owners were very friendly and helpful, told me how to get there and gave me phone number and info on a taxi.
When I didn't know how the tv worked, the owner came to show me, which I appreciated.
Nice and warm, clean, great bed, Coffee & tea facilities,
The Stalbridge Guesthouse is great value for money,and, when next time in Liverpool, will def stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Talacre, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

recently stayed at this guest house and I cant praise them enough the room was clean tidy and warm with tea and coffee facilities and free wi fi free view TV single beds were comfortable and roomy the owner was very friendly and helpful ..........the only downside was it has no parking but parking is available on local residential streets which is plentiful and safe Ideally located for airports and only a bus ride from all the tourist attractions great value for money would definitely stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
yorkshire
Reviewed 21 August 2013

i have stayed on 2 occasions now ? flying out of John Lennan Airport a excellant place to stay as only just over 5 mins away from airport !! The accomodation is clean and the owners welcoming and very helpfull ? I have had good nights sleep and with a en suite room Everything you would possible want !!! Value for money without a doubt !!!! if you want a good taxi company ???? use Village taxis very reliable and value for money ??

Room Tip: For the small extra cost !!! try for the en- suite rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 3 May 2013

It is ridiculous that the hotel closes for the check-ins at 8 pm. When returning to UK from Germany, I called the hotel to let them know about the time of my arrival and learnt that they didn't accept anyone after 8 pm had to immediately arrange somewhere else to stay and couldn't get my money back! On the page it says that you can contact the hotel for 24 hours a day yet they don't open you the door after 8!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Pesten K

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels