“AVOID”

Roscoe House
Ranked #61 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“AVOID”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel at 9.30pm after a 4 hour drive. I was told by the receptionist there was no room for me despite me having a confirmed reservation made through Venere.com.
They had attempted to charge my debit card earlier in the day, using an incorrect expiry date. When the card was declined they decided to let my room to someone else!
They did not contact me by phone or email.
Why did they try to charge my card in my absence before I even arrived - the confirmation said I would pay on check out not in advance.

I was left to find another hotel across the city at the last minute which was expensive and not the same standard. And I had to move my car from a car park which I had already paid for.

Atrocious and incompetent level of service. Did not even receive an apology.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BigSteve64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Myself and three friends stayed at Roscoe house for three nights and had the studio apartment. The room was ideal, spacious and clean. The location was brilliant only a 5/10 minute walk to Liverpool One shopping centre and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Room at front of house was a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed for one night with my husband, reception staff were lovely and very helpful. We booked a double room and it was lovely , big double bed and an adjoining room with desk, tv and couch. Huge ceiling to floor old sash window overlooking Rodney street. The building is old so the hot water takes a while to reach the shower. Lovely old features to the house. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Roscoe house, the staff was helpful and friendly, the room clean and VERY spacious. We even had a piano in our room.
Only thing I found odd is there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom, only one tube of bath gel. Otherwise it was a very nice,, centrally located place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

the room was clean and tidy, the layout is a bit unusual but somehow it makes the hotel interesting..the location is within walking distance to the high street and china town.
i would say this is quite a good place to stay for the price you pay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I spent a night with my girlfriend in the double private private. It could not be better! Plenty of room. There das a piano and a fireplace. Also, the bathtub was spaceful and very clean. I highly recomenda this place.

• Stayed January 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I stayed there in January we were visiting from Australia and were impressed with the room - setting, cleanliness, price and location! The service was great too, very friendly and accounting. I highly recommend staying here, feels like you are at home!

• Stayed January 2014