“terrible”

Ranked #61 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“terrible”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The worst hotel i have ever stayed. you should find any other hotel this hotel is terrible. Its not worth paying money for.
The location is not good. They have just a little sign so it hard to find the location The room is very old. moreover the room that i stayed there is no running water and the staffs tell me that they cant do anything. I can just wait until the morning to check out. They said they maybe refund to us but they cant promise. Such an awful hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank yahfajja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely accommodation with separate sitting room, very friendly staff, excellent cleanliness throughout, great city centre location, will definatly stay there again next time we are in Liverpool, would highly recommend to friends and family

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IOM
Reviewed 4 April 2014

To be fair I did not book this hotel we were sent here by default at the last minute, the hotel I had booked had had a flood so we couldn't stay. So in the morning of the day of arrival I got a phone call to explain and was told that we were being 'upgraded' to the Roscoe House (which was nowhere near where we needed to be) there was no car park so we would have to park at the Cathedral and walk down the road to the hotel. It is a very imposing building, very characterful but very tatty, we were put in a huge, very nice room at the top of the building then after 10 minutes we were told we would have to move as they had made a mistake and given us the wrong one. So we moved into another huge room, massive TV, leather sofa etc all seemed very nice apart from the peeling wallpaper, damp patches and chipped paint on the radiators . Went out to find something to eat, many eating places close by which was good, when we got back we ordered breakfast, only continental available to be delivered to the room which consisted of (per person) a mini pack of cereal, a carton of orange, a freezing cold croissant (straight from the fridge)pack of butter and jam and an apple, it came with the smallest jug of milk, 2 bowls but only 1 plate. There was no hot water through the tap or the shower however long we ran it for so we were cold even before our cold breakfast. Such a shame because it is a beautiful building and the furniture is good quality. When I got home I needed a receipt on headed paper, I emailed them and two months on I am still waiting. All I can say is if we were 'upgraded' heaven knows what the other place was like!

Room Tip: Room at the front very noisy but Liverpool is 'alive' all night so not sure any room would b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IOMgirlie63

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a pleasant stay in Liverpool with a nice appartment in de Roscoe House. Enough space for three men. A good location as a start to visit Liverpool. Nice and helpful staff. Restaurants in the neighbourhood in walking distance.

Room Tip: windows with double glass will keep the room warmer. the windows make it possible to enter a draught...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I had a lovely warm welcome and was shown to my room which is a nice personal touch! The room looked lovely and the decor was very in tune and all complimented each other. Had tea and coffee facilities and provides with soap, shampoo & conditioner (2in one).
The only complaint I have is the double bed was so warn that it was uncomfortable so I stayed in the single bed and the shower kept going from hot to cold without me doing anything with the settings! I would stay again but would ask that they check my mattress before booking :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hayley M
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Good location, excellent service, spacious accommodation and excellent continental breakfast delivered to room. Good value for money. Staff were very helpful when we needed to find our way around Liverpool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jolene7474
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed for a long weekend with my boyfriend , we had a large room with a kitchen which wad handy for breakfast and chilling drinks . The room was large and the staff were helpful with recommending restaurants and given directions it was my 3rd visit to Liverpool and will be staying here again .

• Stayed March 2014