Ullet Suites
  • Room Service
US$194
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$197
US$172
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$109
Agoda.com
US$120
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The Richmond, BW Premier Collection(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$146
US$140
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssefton parktowels providedlark lanesister hotelwould stay againshort stayfamily roomfollowing morninggig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel for a weekend trip to Liverpool. We paid about £80 for the privilege, making this quite an expensive hotel. However, it turned out to be one of the worst hotel experiences we have had, and I am used to staying in budget hotels.

We were aware that the hotel is unmanned, and this would be fine, but the property is managed very in a very dangerous way. We had three main issues:

1) On arrival, our bathroom had an unpleasant odour. Further there were no toiletries provided, as promised on the website, not even soap for the toilet.
2) The radiator was stuck in the on position and it was a hot night. We tried calling the phone number provided more than 100 times but showed as busy on both of our phones. We could not open our windows as the room was on the ground floor and groups of drunken people were congregating outside the window.
3) We did not feel safe in the hotel thanks to the loud and aggressive conduct of other guests. Our room was on the ground floor next to the main entrance. Guests came and went all night, shouting, swearing, arguing and some even pressing the entry phone to our room. We couldn't open the windows to let the radiator heat escape because we were scared to do so. One party who had a loud argument with another party called the police but did not answer them when they came to the door, causing the police to have to buzz every room in the building and try to force entry. We did not answer because we did not feel it was safe to do so.

Thanks to all this, we did not get to sleep until about 7am. We did not get through to the management on the phone until 7.30pm, even though we called several times during the day. This is supposed to be a 24 hour line.

The unmanned nature of this hotel makes it fundamentally unsafe and I would advise any single travellers or families to avoid it completely.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevo00
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night of Ladies Day at Aintree. My partner and I had one room, my friend and her husband the one next to us. From the outside it does not look grand or anything special, but inside the rooms were spacious, clean, with tvs, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge and heaters.
There were a few nice touches thrown in which were very welcome!
I can't really find fault with the Ullet Suites: more than adequate facilities at a bargain price. Admittedly: it may not be the most contemporary of places, but it fulfilled pur needs and more.
Parking immediately outside is limited to three places, so I would advise to be mindful of this and anticipate you may have to park on the street around the corner.
People should remember as you are based on a road in a city, it probably will not be as quiet outside as it would in the countryside.
Thank you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ceedyclarke
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for a friends birthday as a couple. It is a slightly weird set up - you get emailed a security code to the front door and your bedroom door. There is no deadlock on the inside of the door - so whilst I am sure they change the code every day (??) I was a bit nervous. The rooms could also do with a safe or something similar. All that said, the rooms were clean, spacious and warm. When we arrived there was no off street parking, as there is probably only space for 3 cars on the front. So we parked a few meters away on a side road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I only booked the room in the afternoon of our Friday night stay. When we arrived we had a room at the front which had road noise. I called Reception (as it is an unmanned hotel) & they called back with a different room. I was impressed at the cleanliness and how helpful they were. For a basic room for the night I would recommend it and would stay again. There is a kitchen on each floor for guests to use.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here for three nights last year, the room was basic, and in dire need of a bit of TLC....there were holes in the wall caused by the door banging into the wall.. the small TV did not work at all .. and worst of all we were on the ground floor and the windows were not secure they could not be locked at all and could easily be opened from outside.
We reported the TV was not working and that the window could not be locked on arrival and nothing was done to rectify this despite us reporting it.
When we returned home I e-mailed the Ullet suits on a few occasions I never ever got a reply!!!

Room Tip: try to get a room with a windows that can't be opened from outside!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple