“Splendid stay, Staycity!”

Staycity Aparthotels Duke Street
Singapore, Singapore
“Splendid stay, Staycity!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Booked 2 triple rooms for 4 nights and we were satisfied with the apartments. Couldn't ask for a better location - a stone's throw away from the main shopping area (Liverpool One) with many shops and loads of things to see. Albert Dock which is a lovely area is within walking distance. There was a festival when we were there, with displays of many ships at the dock and a concert going on, it was just great! Liverpool Lime Station is about a 9-min walk away.

The apartment was clean and spacious, with a fully loaded kitchen. Tesco supermarket was nearby so we shopped for groceries and did lots of cooking to save money from eating out.

Both our apartments were on the ground floor facing the courtyard. On one of the days we had unwanted visitors - skateboarders who probably climbed over the walls nearby and made a lot of noise.They left before the receptionist could take action. On another night, there was a party at the courtyard so again it was noisy, but otherwise, we like everything about this apartment.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GM-Staycity, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Duke Street, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking both the time and trouble to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the apartments and their location ideal for your recent stay with us. I have made a note about the noise from the court yard, and I can only apologise for the disturbance caused. We will certainly be keeping an eye open for the skateboarders and will also mention to guests with court yard access to be respectful of others and keep the noise to a minimum.

Overall its seems as though you did have a great stay, and I really hope that we will see you again very soon!!!!

Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed in the Liverpool City stay apartments. The apartments were Fantastic value for money. I paid only £60 for 3 people. This is Cheeper than I would have paid to get a taxi home. The apartments were clean and we had lots of clean towels to use. Fully fitted kitchen with tea coffee and milk. The staff were Lovely, helpful. I found it quite difficult to find the parking entrance round the back of the building only £12 for 24 hours. One of the reception staff gave me a map with directions and explained perfectly where it was. The apartments are really close to Liverpool One and it's shopping and restaurants in the city centre. Well worth the money and I will be certain to book again soon.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for posting such a great review! I was really pleased to read that you had such a pleasant stay, and that you found the price, location, and the apartments exceeded your expectations. We look forward to you seeing you again very soon and once again thank you very much for the fantastic review!!

Northants
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just visited Liverpool on my hen weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at these lovely apartments. Location and rooms were brilliant and me and my friends had a fantastic time.
Special thanks should be given to the brilliant maintenance man Gefro who was always very helpful when needed. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was really pleased to read that you all had such a good time, Jeffro was delighted that you mentioned his name he is a great guy and will go out of his way to help ensure our guests have stay.

Once again thanks for the feedback, and we all hope to see you here again very soon!

CANADA
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed May 26 - 29th..and will stay again. We have family in Liverpool, but for a few days we always stay at staycity. The location is excellent, the staff are stars! We always host a dinner for our family at Bistro Franc just around the corner. We needed a few extra chairs in our room for the family, and the staff at stay city brought them right away..Our Liverpool family loved it as well!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. It was such a pleasure to read about you having a great time in Liverpool and that you also found the staff to be very helpful. I will pass on your comments to the guys at Bistro Franc I am sure they will be delighted.

I hope we will get to see you in Liverpool again soon

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Whilst the Staycity Apartments are clean and modern I'm afraid there are too many niggely thing wrong to have made out stay comfortable. The location is fabulous for the city center or docks and the parking is a bonus (though there is plenty of cheaper. possibly less secure, parking very nearby). The kitchen is huge for an apartment but the dishwasher was already full of someone else's washing up.

The TV is small (and I'm really not used to big screens), there is not enough seating for the people in the apartment and the sofa is uncomfortable. The 2nd bedroom and bathroom were so small as to make me claustrophobic and the tiny bathroom has no space where you can put down a sponge bag or a towel and we couldn't get the plug out of the filled bath despite every member of our party trying

Whilst the location for shopping etc is great it does mean that there is a lot of noise at night (from the street below and from the other apartment guests). The double glazing in the lounge seemed faulty and did not keep out the noise. Finally we were woken at 9.30 on Bank Holiday Monday by a man using an electric paint stripper outside our room. When I complained of this I was told he should have waited until after 11am and 'all they could do was apologise'.

We only stayed one night but I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Perhaps one away from the street would be quieter?
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Planningmyhols
GM-Staycity, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Duke Street, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking both the time and the trouble to post your valued feedback. I was really sorry to read that your stay was not what you expected and for this please accept our collective apologies. Please be rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and I have addressed your valued feedback with the team already.

I am sorry that you had cause to complain, I do hope that this experience has not permanently marred your opinion of us and you will come back and visit us again.

Irvinestown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed in the Staycity apts on Sat 10th May 2014.
I can not say enough good things about the whole experience!
The apts where very modern, very clean and very spacious. A fully knitted kitchen with a full fridge and full freezer, and a dishwasher. The showers were very powerful and hot, just the way I like them! We had a balcony, which I think is standard in all apts. That was cool as we had a few cold beers in the sun before hitting the town!
I have stayed in many hotels, b&bs, lodges, etc over the years but this way by far the best of them all! Cant' wait to use them again. Highly recommend

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GM-Staycity, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Duke Street, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your review. I was really pleased to read that all was well and that you found everything to your liking. We at Staycity Liverpool are delighted that you had such a good time and we all hope to see again very soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a few friends for a stag weekend, it was perfect, good location, close to loads of bars and restaurants and the apartments have everything you could need, we're very clean and the staff were also very helpful, they were also great value for money. I would recommend these apartments to any group of friends looking a place to share in Liverpool

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gerard B
Dear Reviewer

Thanks so much for posting your valued feedback. I was really pleased to read that you had a great time and that you also found the staff very helpful and friendly. Such feedback from our guests gives us all a real lift and sense of pride so thank you very much.

We hope to see again very soon.