“Tasty”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sefton Park
Description: Elif is the first and best Turkish BBQ Restaurant in Liverpool. We have been established for over 8 years and strive to produce the best tasting food and customer service. All our food is halal. We are situated on Lark Lane. Walk ins welcome if we have space but booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. Hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Beware of the large portions. The food is really nice. If you only have a small appetite I'd say don't get a starter as in between courses they also give you a complimentary salad and chargrilled onions in a red sauce. Will definitely visit again. Recommend the king prawns.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

It's been some time since we (my wife and I ) have eaten in this restaurant and whilst we noticed many changes in menu and staff, overall this establishment still offers good value accompanied with excellent service. My selection was meat balls starter and sea bass both of which were excellently cooked. My wife selected humus starter and kuzu sis ( lamb kebabs ) .. The humus was without taste and was replaced with improved garlic flavoured version that was still disappointing. However, setting that small disappointment aside the overall quality of this meal was very good and to add credit to this establishment the charge for the humus was removed from our bill. This restaurant still offers the most authentic and best value on Lark Lane. Having re-found this restaurant after a period of some absence I can confirm that I will be a returning and regular customer.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have been frequent visitors to Liverpool but this was our first visit to Lark lane area. What a delightful area it is, full of ambience, interesting shops pubs and restaurants . Elif fits into that setting perfectly. It is friendly ,atmospheric,efficiently run without making you feel hurried. The food is excellent, freshly cooked on in house BBQ (even the bread grilled ) The menu is compact and all dishes authentic; portions very generous. Starters are a star feature as many reviewers have said
In summery this place deserves its great reviews and we shall certainly visit again next time we are in Liverpool. I will be inclined to book in future I suspect that we were very lucky to get a table turning up on spec.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a pleasant surprise - a genuine taste of Turkey in Liverpool - perhaps unsurprisingly in the upcoming area of Lark Lane. A sizeable menu of dishes, most of which were new to me, but the waitresses are very attentive and informed. The hot (or cold) meze is a great way to explore the starters, and the main courses are large, hot and attractive. Only a few desserts, a bit noisy, and the WiFi was down the evening we visited, but this is an excellent restaurant for an unusual but tasty meal.

1  Thank Kenneth S
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friend and I have been to Elif many times and have never been disappointed.
Probably the first real Turkish restaurant in Liverpool.
The service is always good.
The menu is varied but hasn't actually changed at all since it opened.
The food is always fresh and you receive substantial amount. It is great to see your food being cooked on an open grill.
There is a now a good lunch time and early bird offer. Both excellent value for money with a wide variety of choice.

1  Thank LisaHafford