“Excellent location ”

Ranked #25 of 71 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Essex, UK
“Excellent location ”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel in the centre of town. Can't fault the location at all. People complain about the price, but they are the same as the competition, high. Especially since getting capital of culture. I would highly recommend this hotel and would go again. Word of warning, you can walk it from the train station (lime street) so don't waste money on a cab! It's practically next to the Adelphi.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cheryl S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

It was our first visit to Liverpool and these guys were the perfect hosts.

They put us in a large room so we could stay together as family, gave us the top ten to see in Liverpool and recommended nice yet cheap places to eat.

It might be a little noisy over the weekend as it is central location and there's a couple of pubs nearby, but we were OK during the week.

Only critique was that one can see the damage made by other costumers as the carpet seems to have been 'attacked' by too much make up and the saucers for the tea and coffee were not washed but overall we had a pretty good time at a super reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Juliet H
Holywell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you would like to sleep in a room that is no bigger than a coffin then this is a perfect stay. The room was tiny and not enough room to move. Would NOT even be ideal for 1 person let alone 2. This is the worst room I have ever stayed in.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ceri643

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The location of this hotel is aboutthe only thing going for this place. For£119 for one night we expected a nice room. We had a tiny room which seemed to only have a layer of plaster seperating us and the trains going past shaking the room at all hours. The room had no windows, a tv that struggled to get any reception, a heater that didn't work and a shower that wasnt warm. The bar and restaurant area was being refurbished which we were not informed about when booking.If I would have paid half the price I would have expected this. As frequent visitors to Liverpool we can honestly say this is the worst hotel we have stayed in in Liverpool and will not be returning!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank chriskhfc
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Very rude girl on reception upon checkout. Unable to answer our questions regarding our stay. Did not want to help us and no apology regarding our horrendous stay.

No hot water for the whole morning upon check out was told we had to take our stuff and shower in another room. The girl on reception stated it wasn't the hotels fault that our room was freezing cold with no hot water
And plain blank refused to even check our room to see if the water was running hot.
Bar/restraunt under refurbishment. Website stated otherwise
Blood stained sheets.
Very small bed. Duvet far too thin for winter months.
I've travelled the world and stayed in some very sketchy hostels, this is by far the worst place I've ever stayed. (And I'm not that picky)
The facilities were one thing and this could have been made acceptable by understanding staff. But the girl on reception was nothing but rude which is upsetting as the gentleman that greeted us upon check in was nice and quite informative.
I would never recommend this hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte Isobe... M
liverpool
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having stayed here 5 times I will be returning again. Me and my partner stayed again on Sunday 10th this time we stayed in a room with no window and even though I love the rooms with windows I did prefer downstairs without a window. I found my stay so pleasant and comfy. The location is amazing and the staff are very friendly. Have just booked again for my birthday for the beginning of December. Can't wait.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank scouse89
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night and the price of the room for one night was very high. The room was tiny with barely enough room for me and my partner to get ready at the same time. I realise that the location is the reason the hotel think they can charge such prices however with a room this small in the basement with no window I think these prices should be re considered. Having said this the room was tidy, and staff friendly but the dark stairwell outside the room should be covered.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple