“Brilliant service, friendly staff and good location!”

The Printwork Hotel
Ranked #25 of 71 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Brilliant service, friendly staff and good location!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this hotel for a few nights! I absolutely loved the friendly staff who really went out there way to make sure I had everything I needed and wanted; especially Darren the manager!
I was made to feel at home straight away! The rooms are spacious, clean and very modern. And it's in a great location which is close to shops and restaurants! The hotels facilities were great as well and I had a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My sisters and I stayed here for 3 nights 3rd June till the 6th originally booked a basement room but were given a 1st floor room after 1st night what a room,massive!!! lovely decor, tea and coffee facilities and a great bathroom with power shower wish I could have taken it home. Staff were brilliant nothing too much trouble. Some work still being carried out but not a problem very unobtrusive .Great location in the centre of everything shopping, restaurants and bars. Will definitely be staying here again. Thanks to everyone for making our stay a memorable one hope to see you soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked this hotel for three nights as part of a business course. I arrived at this hotel on a Sunday night. I was greeted by the night receptionist who checked me in. I was given the key card for my room. When I opened the door of the room, the room was completely a mess, the beds were unmade, and there was a lot of crap lying around the room. I returned to reception, and was given a different room on the second floor. The room was fine. On the second day I received a missed call, assuming it was the hotel, as it was a Liverpool number. When I returned to the hotel that evening, my belongings were moved to another room. I explained to the receptionist that I was not impressed that someone has touched my belongings. She tried to explain the rationale behind the move, but it did not wash. My frustration only grew when I realised that my shampoo, shower gel, and food that I bought in the airport was missing. I was unable to speak to the manager, as I was at a course during her working hours. I eventually called her, and stated that she would PARTIALLY refund me for my FIRST NIGHT. On leaving the hotel I meet with another manager, who was prepared to give me 20% back from my first night. After stating my case, I was refunded for my first of three nights. By right I should have been refunded for my entire stay, as I think no hotel should any customers personal belongings.

It is really unfortunate the experience I had at this hotel. I expect if a hotel allocate you a room, they should respect your privacy, and not touch ANY belongings. Our company use this hotel quite a bit for attendance at conferences, but I can say that we will never book this hotel again after this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank ChrisF4572014

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

What an awful hotel. My boyfriend booked this hotel as a special treat for my birthday and it genuinely ruined the night. Rooms felt like prison cells (no windows) and there was barely room for the two of us to move. Nobody thought to contact us to let us know that there was building work going on at the time so we turned up to a dusty, noisy, battered looking hotel. The worst part was the service/management though - so unprofessional. Don't be sucked in by the cheap(ish) prices - it's just not worth it! There are so many better places to stay in town with much better customer service, rooms, everything.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AmandaHew
Sam K, Front Office Manager at The Printwork Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am sorry that when you arrived there was building work happening in the hotel, but these building works were completed in April 2014. The room which you booked clearly states it was a windowless room and is cabin size as advertised we can only allocate the room you book.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked here because it is very reasonably priced. It is literally a 5 minute walk from lime street station and is in a great location being very central to all of the amenities. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Darren, he was so helpful as we had never been to Liverpool before he spent time telling us what to do and where to go and also giving us a map. He also informed us the hotel was under refurbishment and so we were put in a quadruple room which was amazingly big and was plenty of space for the two of us. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to visit liverpool. Thankyou very much making our trip to Liverpool more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014
Sam K, reservations at The Printwork Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thankyou for your review, we hope to see you again soon!
Donegal
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here Oct13, Feb&March14, rooms are great! Service is brilliant anything we needed it was not a problem, the location could not be better, few minutes walk from the city but just far enough away from the noise to sleep soundly.

• Stayed March 2014
Sam K, Front Office Manager at The Printwork Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thankyou, am glad you enjoyed your stay hope to see you again soon
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in July 2014 and the rooms are lovely for a basic stay and visit to Liverpool. Clean and tidy and the staff are friendly! It's very easy to find and it is not far from the centre at all! Would recommend :)

• Stayed June 2014
Sam K, Front Office Manager at The Printwork Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thankyou am glad you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again soon