“Absolutely Top Class”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I will start this review by admitting that I am a serial complainer and a moaner of the first class. I will also emphasise that I have no connection with the restaurant whatsoever. But, I have to give credit where it is due and ... one of the best evenings I've ever had in a restaurant. There were four of us (my Mother's birthday - 82) and we were treated with the utmost courtesy and politeness throughout. Never condescending, just genuinely friendly. The place is immaculate - spotless. The toilets were as if if I was the first person to visit them. Staff so friendly, nothing too much trouble. The furnishings are so tasteful and the upstairs bar area is sheer class. And a great atmosphere too. Food is excellent. Total bill for four of us came to £107 (a lot of money let's be honest) but that did include two bottles of Pinot Grigot plus three pints of beer so I'll let your mind up re value for money. All in all highly recommended - and they did make a fuss of my Mother on her birthday!

There are newer reviews for The New Orchid Garden

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The food is amazing in this place! Great atmousphere and staff are lovely. We even received a free round of drinks last time on my partners birthday.
We usually spend about £100 here, £50 on the banquet for 2, then two-three bottes of wine.
Great place to go for a special occasion, especially as the staff always capture a photo of your table and print you a card with this on :)

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Recently visited with family for a birthday celebration. The staff were really friendly & accommodating. The menu is extensive (hard to choose, everything looked so appealing!) The food was delicious, go hungry as the portions were generous (we took a dogy bag home!) I will recommend to friends & will return.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is not the first time we have eaten at the Orchid Garden, so I shouldn't really have been surprised by the excellent food and service. I was one of a party celebrating a birthday there and I have nothing but praise for the staff, service and the food. Nothing is too much trouble, all the staff are extremely friendly and attentive to your every need and request and one member of staff went out of his way to entertain one of the youngsters in our party. It was a truly wonderful night.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Bit of a local favourite this one, I've eaten here with my family for years (normally whenever there's something to celebrate!) and you can always rely on it for tasty Chinese food. It's certainly not the best I've ever eaten, but it's always consistently good.

It can get really busy at weekends, so definitely advisable to book in advance. Service is normally very quick though, so turnaround times are fast. Plus, there's a nice bar upstairs you can wait at while your table is getting ready.