“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel overnight for a weekend away with friends. The location was fantastic as was in walking distance to the shops and many resturants and bars.
There is a mutli storey car park next door and you will get a discount on your ticket if you speak to reception before you leave (we forgot to do this so I can't advise as to how much you save!).

The room was fine, nothing special at all. We only had a shower but our friends had a bath/shower in their room. The toilet is in a seperate room with no sink, so not the most hygenic set-up as you have to wash your hands in the bathroom.
The soap they put out for us had some gunk/dirt over the wrapper so we didn't use this. It was pretty disgusting and I cannot see how the maid would miss this!

The sheets and pillows smelt funny too, like dirty coins. Also our iron was broken as was one of the power points which was annoying as we had to take it in turns to charge our phones etc.

We didn't dine here as there are plenty of places you can grab breakfast nearby.

Overall I would say it was a decent price for the room in a central location but don't expect anything exceptional- this is just like your average Travel Lodge/ Premier Inn type place, and is in no way a 4* hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear lollipoplaw,
Thank you for sharing your review however I was disappointed to read some of your comments. If you have time please call me so I can investigate further 0151 702 5100.
Thank you for your feedback.
Matthew Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
Imperia, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hotel was extremely good with a large room and extra amenities. The location is a short walk from everything you would want to visit in Liverpool, with lots of restaurants and bars nearby but still relatively quiet. But the hotel is popular with tour groups and you can be unlucky and run into quite a crowd at certain times. But overall we liked both the hotel and Liverpool.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear jiv3,
Thank you or sharing your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
blackpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked on line direct to the hotel...for 3 days away b&b which was quite reasonably priced .. it was a change as i originally booked the Radisson but as the Novotel was nearer too shops & bars ...well wasn't disappointed ..when we arrived the hotel was about a 6 Min walk away from Lime Street railway station..the hotel is located near to Liverpool one shops and lots of bars..very clean hotel..also a very busy hotel..but we were checked in straight away by pleasant staff .we decided to up grade to a executive room.. it was on the 11th floor.. great room comfy bed ,free broadband movies and a coffee machine...would recommend overall good hotel lovely pool which we used ..breakfast good we didn't eat a evening meal there... as there are so many eating places near by.

Room Tip: 11th floor and go for the executive rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Linda446,
Thank you for sharing your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed one of our Executive rooms and found us well located or your shopping trip.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Nice Hotel and location. We were disappointed that having booked a dinner bed and breakfast package we were told we could only order to a set value or from a set menu. If this is the case it should be shown on the website so that a decision can be made before a booking is made. Also it is more than a 11 days since checkin and the pre authorisation given for 463 Pounds still has not been released back to our credit card even though the account was paid on the same card at checkout. I am very disappointed and have spoken in the last two days to a member of staff who is trying to have it released. The same thing happened at Mercure Brigstow Bristol at 150 pounds and it was released within 24 hours of my phone call. Mercure Swansea took 100 pounds and advised me to contact my card provider. It is the responsibility of the Hotel to direct money back into the customer account immediately.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Ronald_downs,
Thank you for sharing your review however I am disappointed to read your comments about your Credit card Authorisation. Please contact me directly if this has not yet been resolved for you and I will give it my full attention.
We still hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon on your return to Liverpool.
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked a superior double room and was disappointed when we were allocated a room with dirty stains all over the carpet (Room 801). The mattress was very soft and gave us both back ache after one night. The bed was badly positioned in the room- only a foot from the wall on one side which proved to be a bit difficult. Definitely not a 4 star room. We paid £14.50 to park our car in the car park next door and wasn't offered any hotel discount. We mentioned these problems on checking out, only to be told "im sorry"...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Shazza837,
Thank you for sharing your review and again my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered.
I do hope you received my email ok and if there is anything further please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel 0151 702 5100.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel has a very good location and is only a short walk away from shops/restaurants, basically whatever you want. The room has an interesting configuration but was spacious. The toilet and the shower were separate and I felt a little claustrophobic in the toilet as it was quite tiny and airless. I do applaud the Novotel for implementing measures to try and be more environmentally friendly though with the shower gel and soap etc. It was a bit warm in the room and the aircon was working but the flow coming out of the vent seemed to be a bit slow. We couldn't open the window either since it was raining and the drops would come in on the sill. There was some noise from the street outside but it didn't really bother me although if you were a light sleeper it could affect your sleep quality. I find it odd that there isn't a lobby for you to sit in and not even free wifi in the reception area and none in the rooms although I see that they are planning on implementing that in June. A very clean, neat and comfortable hotel.

Dear S P,
Thank you for sharing your detailed review and I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We do have a lounge and bar area we you are more than welcome to take a seat at any time and also there are I-macs here which are free to use.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

A fantastic location, a lovely hotel which was very clean. The room was a really good size and the bathroom was amazing. I do believe you might have to ask for a private bathroom as not all rooms come with bathrooms.
The hotel had a swimming pool and gym which were free to use. The restaurant looked nice too.
The staff were good and check in/out were quick.
I will definitely be staying here again! Strongly recommended. So close to Liverpool One shops and restaurants and train station.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PippaCG
Dear PippaCG,
Thank you for sharing your review and I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay.