“No problem at all”

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We treated ourselves to a suite, which was very good. Everything was clean and the place soon warmed up after I found the heating controls; I guess the staff are eco-friendly by turning it off.

Stayed for 2 nights, and although the hotel is very centrally-located (so ideal for places to visit/eat/drink) the room wasn't noisy even on Saturday night.

Breakfast was buffet-style, and of a good standard. We didn't eat any other meals in the hotel.

Very minor gripes (that happen in all hotels from time to time): It took 2 requests on successive days to get a missing bulb replaced, and the tea bags/coffee were not replenished.

On balance, we would stay in Novotel again if visiting Liverpool (which makes an excellent weekend break, with many tourist attractions to enjoy).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear HamptonYZs

Thank you providing a review for your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the suite and that we were well located for the local bars, restaurants and attractions.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in half term. Busy with families but not lacking in service! Professional photos ARE a true reflection. Pool ,gym ,steam room free to use & clean ,as is computer in foyer along with xbox 360 alongside dining area . Small children's area . Excellent buffet selection at breakfast ( proper sausages!) ,not the usual scaled down version which is the norm for similar priced hotel s these days. Children eat breakfast free with parents.Tesco next door if you want diy breakfast .Fridge in room.Central to everything, Liverpool 1 ,Albert docks, restaurants ,Bars, Taxis.Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear nyc2011

Thank you for providing a detailed reveiw of your recent stay here with us. I'm glad that we lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great stay, very clean, spacious room. Asked for a city view and was given a room on the 10th floor very a fabulous view of the city
Only downside parking seems expensive if staying more than 1 night, even with discount and the swimming pool was a little chilly, although it didn't seem to put the kids off.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gayle F

Thank you for providing feedback for your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room with a view.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is set in a great location in Liverpool. The rooms are a bit tired and could use some renovating but are comfortable and clean. The staff is nothing by charming and helpful and make up for the tired rooms by being so hospitable!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ItsAboutTheTravel

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear that our staff were so charming and helpful.

If you would like to give me a call on 0151 702 5100 to give me more details regarding your room, I'd be happy to take a look at any issues.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 night recently very pleasant modern rooms, spotlessly clean and a great breakfast each day great location right in the city centre in easy walking distance to the albert dock and close to some great restaurants

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Averill

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent stay and you found us well located for local attractions and restaurants.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Very centrally located. Very clean. Very tidy. Very helpful and conscientious staff. Very slippery changing rooms before the swimming pool. Very enjoyable swim. Very security aware. Very expensive breakfast (£13.95 each - we did not partake), VERY warm room. 8.5/10

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Daz1965

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that you found our staff to be helpful and conscientious.

I hope that next time you stay you might consider adding breakfast on to your reservation or on check in as this will cost £9.95, please see a member of staff for more details.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here for a Saint Valentines Day overnight after a romantic evening in Liverpool city centre. Price was a big influence in decision because we only live 12 miles away so a taxi home would have been no more than £30. We booked a superior room and paid £78 for it. This did not include breakfast - more about that later. Location was also an important factor and it is in a great central location. Check in was quick and easy and there is waiting space outside to park your car while checking in. First impressions were of a very clean and modern reception. Check in complete I went to park the car in the QPark car just opposite the hotel where you get a discount from the hotel of £3.50 off the normal £14 for 24 hours stay. For security the lifts in the hotel can only be used by key card holders. Entering the room we found it to be very clean, spacious, well laid out, with a large bed, TV which offers premium channels and movies and music player connectivity, Tea/Coffee making equipment, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and occupant controlled heating/air con.
The room had a good sized very clean modern bathroom with bath and both overhead and flexi hose showers. The toilet was in a separate room which didn't have it's own wash basin so had to go into bathroom to wash?? The room is supposed to have free wifi, which I tried to use on my iPad, it allowed me to connect to the Novotel network but try as I might I could not access Facebook, YouTube, BBC iplayer or anything else for that matter. I didn't bother asking reception why, maybe i was doing something wrong? but it might be an issue
to some people. We had an hour to spare before it was time to get ready to go out for dinner so we visited the hotel bar. It is well stocked but I thought £15 for two glasses of wine was a little pricey. We never got to try out the gym or pool so can't comment on these. The bed was comfortable and room was very quiet for a city hotel.
Anyone who's read my other reviews will know I like a good breakfast from my hotels. It's the oly time I indulge myself in a Full English so I look forward to it. The breakfast is extra ( not sure how much ) but boy is it worth it. It was the best I have ever had in any hotel and the only one to offer EVERY thing a Full English should. Check out was simplicity itself, ( don't forget your car park discount ticket ) Overall a really great base to visit my birth city, and one I will be using again in the future. Well done Novotel.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Go_Away_Man

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay over the Valentines weekend and that breakfast lived up to your high expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.