“Great hotel in good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Novotel Liverpool

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #32 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great hotel in good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Am staying at Novotel at moment on business with a coach group as a coach driver I have stayed in many hotels and many hotel rooms that you would call broom cupboards. But here at Novotel it's a lovely big room stereo in the shower as we'll. Great hotel will recommend to colleagues

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear David S

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay here with us and will recommend to others.

We look forward to seeing you again, perhaps next time for a leisure visit rather than as a Driver?

Matthew Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for a mini-break. The check in procedure was quick and within 5 mins we were in our room. The room is a good size, with nice bathroom/shower and a quirky separate toilet. The room was cleaned every day, the bed was a queen size and was very comfy. The indoor pool is a nice extra (even with the German vocal band practising in there). Upon check out we were given a discount voucher for the Q-Park car park next door which was a nice bonus.

The location is great for any shopping in Liverpool centre as well as all the main attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Iggy_Pop_M

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and your bed room was a good size and that they bed was very comfy.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Liverpool.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice hotel although the rooms are a bit small. Good central location. However to arrangements for accessing the pool are a bit OTT; having to sign in on every occasion and then being given an access key that is only valid for 1 hour. Never had that before, not even at other Novotel's! When I requested a locker key I was given a key to locker that did not require one as its lock had been changed to a key pad! But the reception staff didn't seem to be that interested; I presume someone else will also be given it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Dear Broadbean47

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you found us to be a nice hotel and centrally located.

I'm sorry that you found the sign in for the pool inconvenient. The access key was valid for an hour but your time in the pool is unlimited.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Novotel over the Bank Holiday Weekend. It was great value for money, centrally located in Liverpool One and the breakfast was perfect and reasonably priced. We took our 10 month old daughter and stayed in an Executive Room. The room was quite large and very clean. We had a cot - which again was new and clean.
The car park is right next door and with the discount card it only cost 12 pounds for a day and a half.
I would highly recommend the hotel and would stay again in the future.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Phillipt21

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm very happy to hear your stay was great value for money and you found us well located. I'm glad to hear you will stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was there for a weekend recently with some friends. Standard rooms were sold out so we got the executive room. Two nights in an executive room was £280 and nowhere near worth the price. The room was the same size as a standard hotel room and nothing special decor wise, oddly shaped room with curtains over a windowless wall. The hotel proudly advertises "a complimentary minibar" which previous reviewers have already mentioned, is just a couple of bottles of water. The toilet being in a seperate rooom to the shower didn't bother me, but in our room there was a design flaw where the door to the WC was too big for the frame, so it didn't close properly.

It's not all downsides though - The staff and customer service were fantastic, the decor of the reception area and bar is very nice. I didn't get up on time on either day to have the breakfast so can't comment on that. The hotel room also had a nespresso machine which is way better than having instant coffee sachets. Finally - the bed, oh the bed. By far one of the best beds I've ever slept on, a king size with memory foam matress, it was like sleeping on a cloud and amazingly comfortable.

All in all it had its ups and downs, wasn't neccissarily a bad hotel stay but the price severely outweighed the quality. If I'm visiting Liverpool again I'll probably stay in the premier inn a few doors down.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Dear WhySignIn

Thank you for providing a detailed review of your recent stay here with us. I'm very happy to hear that there were many aspects of your stay that were very enjoyable. I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful nights sleep and the customer service was fantastic.

If you would like to get in touch to provide your room so we may fix the flaw with the door to the W/C please call us pn 0151 702 5100.

Please keep an eye out for any special offers that may come up. Rates are based on availability so you might find a better deal if you are flexible with when you want to stay.

We hope to see you again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights inc Saturday. Friendly efficient check in although the automatic check machines were not working. We asked for a quiet room which was noted and we got a room overlooking the courtyard, and it was very quiet apart from someone knocking on the door at 3.00am. (reported to security) Room - good size clean and comfortable. Bathroom etc all good. Hair drier and amenities, bed comfortable.
We didnt have breakfast as it seemed expensive at £15 (or £10 in advance). Went to the Hole in the Wall cafe nearby (recommended)
Location good in Hanover Street, walking distance to St Georges docks and city centre, and local restaurants (try Christakis Greek Taverna)
Didnt have time to try the pool etc so cannot comment on those facilities. Apart from the bar or restaurant seating no lounge seating on the ground floor.
If you book in advance can get reasonable rates

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guy C

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear your check in was friendly and efficient and that your room was clean and comfortable.

Our breakfast can be bought on the day for £13.95 or in advance for £9.95 which is great for guests who don't want to leave the hotel to eat. I'm glad you found us well located to go and explore other eateries.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Port Stephens, NSW, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on the 22nd and 23rd May. Great central location and the welcome was warm and efficient. Very nice room, all the amenities we needed. Staff friendly and very helpful from checkin to checkout. Lovely modern fresh entrance and bar area.

Only downside, in the restaurant I was offered buffet dinner, I went to the buffet and selected an entree type meal first planning to return for main, salad and cheese. While I was eating my entree the chef commenced closing down the buffet. When I went back for my main and salad, it had all been taken away and the only items left were a small selection of cheese, no salad, or desserts. Had I known this was to occur I would not have ordered the buffet at 15 pounds for a tiny entree

Room Tip: Fantastic location,close to Liverpool One, Albert Dock. TATE museum