“Enjoyable stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed in the Novotel over Easter. Overall it is a good hotel. We were a little annoyed in terms of the swimming pool. Our 1st morning (Easter Sunday), we planned for a nice swim only to find the pool was closed for maintenance. The next morning, the pool was open but the sauna was closed!

In terms of location and cleanliness, it was perfect. Very close to shops, restaurants and taxi fare to Anfield was £7. Walking distance to train station.

We both enjoyed the breakfast. Lots of choice but queuing maybe necessary if you time it wrong.

Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: 5th floor - had great view over towards docklands.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear AnotherVision

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us.

I'm sorry that some of facilities were closed during your stay, unfortunately this was unforeseen and essential.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again to make full use of what the hotel has to offer.

Matthew Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for what we call (quality time), on a Sunday evening. Great first impression walking into the reception, very modern and quite funky. Had a drink in the bar.

Friendly staff who all have a happy to help attitude.

Food menu had a great selection from the restaurant, even though the menu was a tad too fussy or set with items I wouldn't eat, would have liked to have been able to mix them up. Ended up ordering the burger and chips which was lovely, couldn't eat it all but was yummy. Even had 24 room service but I was too full to think about it, breakfast had everything you would expect, good items to choose from.

Stayed in the executive room, walked in and was impressed with the lovely big room, however I thought the back wall was situated on a weird angle, poorly payed out which upset my feng shui, the TV ended up being set at a different angle than the bed which was awkward at first, but could be forgiven seeing as the view over the city was spectacular of the two cathedrals.

But the bed, oh the bed was amazing an I had a great sleep, super king size memory foam bed I got lost in. The decor didn't quite impress me or have a quality or luxury feel you would expect from a 4* hotel. Had too much of a basic Scandinavian (ikea) feel. But was decent enough and very clean.

I didn't like the bathroom feeling like it was in the room, door situated would have been better on the corridor instead. The shower (rain Forrest) type was amazing could stay under that all day.

All that being said would I stay again.. Yes I would.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear stebaker80

Thank you for providing a very detailed review of your recent stay here with us. It was an enjoyable read!

I'm pleased our staff were friendly and that you enjoyed your meal in the restuarant.

I'm glad you enjoyed the view from your room, I hope your feng shui has improved since returing home?

I'm glad to hear you will stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 6 days and the room was cleaned every day.
The staff were very friendly.
Breakfast was good with lots of choice and variety.
Only slight issue was the pool was closed for repair work.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Simon H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us. I'm glad that you found the staff friendly. I'm pleased that there was a good choice and plenty of variety at breakfast.

I'm sorry the pool was closed during your stay, this closure was unforeseen and any issues have been resolved.

We look forward to seeing you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Having checked out of a fusty hotel we found this oasis of cleanliness and helpfulness. Liam and "Hungarian Daniel" especially were amazingly thoughtful and imaginative, being so accessible and friendly and knowledgable. They were brilliant. This was all a hotel should be, spotless, efficient, with delightful and responsive service, a gorgeous breakfast....fab!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank susiebabhamilton
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear susiebabhamilton

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm so happy to hear you have enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel.

I have passed on your comments regarding Liam and Daniel and we are so grateful for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Chania, Greece
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It is located in the city center, lots of places and things to do around there. The staff was ok and the room spacious and clean. It is exactly what you would expect for this price tag. the breakfast was pricey and it could have been better

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Eudoku

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and you room was spacious and clean.

If you have some suggestions on where we may improve please feel free to get in touch with us, we'd love to hear from you.

We hope to see you again in the future.