“well balanced hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“well balanced hotel”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

this is a nice hotel right in the heart of liverpool city centre just opposite bem brasil lovely stay with my wife and two children just a little end of term treat .unfortunately pool was out of use but never mind never ate at the hotel as breakfast was priced at about £13 .95 each i dont no were they get them figures from .was a lovely weekend in a lovely city weather was about 27c so it helped .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Dalgrush D

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you r enjoyed your stay as part of an end of term treat.

Our breakfast prices start at £8.95 (web only offer) and £9.95 when you book on arrival. The price goes up to £13.95 when paying on the day. Children eat free with a paying adult.

I'm glad you enjoyed the lovely weather here with us in our beautiful city.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Matthew Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Polish first
Consett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday in July. The staff were dis-interested when checking in, more interested in looking at bits of paper while we stood waiting.
The room was lovely and was impressed.
However the free internet was so poor I could ever check my emails. I phone reception to query about this. The woman told me twice that the internet was free, not actually listening to what I was saying. When she finally listened to what I said she said she would turn the router off and on but that probably wouldn't help. Her tone was abrupt, and my fiancé could here how sharp she was from the other side of the room.
If you stay here, be aware that you may be an inconvenience to the staff.
Also when I contacted Novotel I heard nothing at all.

Room Tip: Don't have executive room 200 if you want internet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine H
Dear Elaine H

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please be assured it is not our usual standard of service. I will contact you directly so that I may have the opportunity to resolve these matters for you.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a lovely fresh clean hotel in the centre of Liverpool. The 3 things that stand out are the extremely friendly and helpful staff, the cleanliness of all areas in the hotel and the fabulous breakfast choices! The price was high here - £200 one night and £240 the second night - this was more expensive than the room rate advertised on arrival.

Parking was quite expensive in the pay and display car park, but the hotel gave us a discount voucher and it was conveniently right next door. There were 3 of us - 2 teens and myself, and the accommodation was a good size. The only criticism I would have about the room was that the toilet was separate from the bathroom which could have been good in allowing use while someone was in the bath/shower - but it had no sink so you had to use the bathroom anyway.

Overall a great 2 nights.

Dear Chris1806

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm so happy to hear that our staff were extremely friendly and helpful, that all areas of the hotel were clean and you felt there was a fabulous choice for breakfast.

Our prices vary quite widely based on availability. If you are flexible with your dates there are some fantastic deals to be had. Please feel free to contact our in house reservations team who will do their best to assist you with this.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Liverpool.

Camden , London
Reviewed 1 August 2014

2 adults, 2 kids stayed in a family room (double bed and sofa bed) the room size was good enough without being cramped.

Slight difficulty trying to contact the hotel before we arrived as phone numbers we had did not work, we asked staff about this upon arrival and they apologised and very kindly included a complimentary breakfast for the following morning.

The room was very clean, bathroom separate from toilet, very nice shower.

This hotel is ideal for reaching the riverfront and all the central tourist attractions. The price was £125 for 2 nights which is very reasonable.

Breakfast was buffet style with lots on offer.

One issue for us was we had booked a hotel with a pool to let the kids have a splash about at the end of the day, the pool chemicals were very strong which meant we only went there once and it did feel very bleached.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor room 816, it was very quiet and we couldn't hear any other guests
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear lady55

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear that reception explained the issue we had with our phone number and it was resolved for you on arrival.

I'm happy to hear that your room was comfortable for you all and you received good value money.

I'm sorry to hear that the pool chemicals felt quite strong. Please be assured they are always at a safe level and if this should change we would close the pool.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Revisited again a couple of years since last visit and still very good. Really helpful, obliging staff. Clean and efficient hotel, excellent mattresses too ! Would always be my first choice for Liverpool as great location too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear galwaygirl1963

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm very happy to hear you chose to stay with us once more. I'm so happy to hear our staff were really helpful.

We look forward to seeing you on you next visit to Liverpool.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for one night in mid July (2 adults and 2 children in a single room). The hotel is very nice, located in the middle of town close to everything Liverpool has to offer. Staff were friendly, the room was very clean and breakfast was with great selection. over all a very good night to spend when you are on the road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Ohad G

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, that our staff were friendly and that there was a great selection for you at breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A lovely clean hotel, good central location, nice gym and pool. Breakfast was good. The staff made it a fantastic stay they were friendly and approachable, nothing was too much trouble. Special thanks to Liam on reception.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear suericht

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear that our staff made your stay fantastic. I have congratulated Liam on his service.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.