“Good location”

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Travelling as a single on a group tour I was given a large well planned air-conditioned room with good amenities. Unfortunately the queen bed was a foam sort of mattress as well as the pillows which I found a bit uncomfortable and neither suit my sleeping.
The bathroom was good with a shower and vanity and separate toilet which would be great for travelling couples. In room safe, and refrigerator and tea making facilities. Also a large desk area and nice 2 seater lounge.
Free wifi for 24 hrs with is great for the traveler.
A good hotel, just didn’t suit me for my sleeping requirements unfortunately.
Buffett Breakfast in a nice area, with plenty of room. Good selection of foods available both hot and cold, juices, fruit and pastries.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Lovetoroam-53,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here at Novotel Liverpool. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a pleasant visit to Novotel Liverpool, and found our breakfast buffet to your liking. I am sorry to hear that you did find our memory foam mattresses and pillows suitable for your requirements.

We hope to welcome you back again on your return to Liverpool.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is perfect for any Liverpool adventure. It has a great bar and working computers with proper internet. The check in and out system is quick and easy and the views of the city are great. It is very central so the restaurants in the area are typically full of life and serve good food. I hope to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jeremy H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us at Novotel Liverpool. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, particularly our facilities and food.

We hope to welcome you back again soon on your next visit to Liverpool.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great little hotel. It really had everything we needed, extremely pleasant and helpful staff, large room, comfortable beds with good quality linen, modern bathroom and all the room facilities you could need. We had a family room that consisted of a very large king bed, a sofa bed which opened up to the size of a double, separate bathroom and toilet. The kids ate for free and it was a very good breakfast. Location is great, just cut through college court opposite and you are in the heart of Liverpool One shopping centre, very short walk to Albert Dock and walkable from lime Street. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear genene

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear the hotel had everything you needed with it's large rooms and comfortable beds and our pleasant and helpful staff.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have just checked out after three nights, four days here and we have had a great time. Room clean and well stocked, internet connection fine and breakfast delicious. The pool and gym were great and kids used pool every day, loving every minute of it. Anita and Liam are an asset to this hotel and went out of there way to be helpful. We would definitely stay here again. A great base for seeing all the sights and enjoying the city.

Room Tip: We asked for a room high up and got as we asked.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Helen1973_40

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm so happy to hear you had a great time and that breakfast was delicious. Liam and Anita have been congratulated for their service during your stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed eight nights at this hotel for business with our business group. Some of them have stayed at this hotel more nights. The booking have been made by an agency , thus there was no choice. It's a good location and a good room size. It's very easy to access to lime street station and shops. Breakfast was ok , there was both cold and hot dishes. Entrance area was clean and fresh feel. Most of staff were very kind . Having said that They did not clean a carpet( not hoovered) everyday, they did not clean a PC keyboard at all.( seems to me no one have used it quite while). They have to do deep cleaning drainage pipes, there was very nasty sewage smell in a bath room. TV didn't work properly, a TV remote-control had lost most of signs, it was very difficult to understand that which button has what function.The door key had lost a magnet system almost every day, and I had to ask resetting the key at a reception. They did not replace amenities everyday (twice during my stay). I do not think, I chose this hotel for my private function.

Stayed: July 2014
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear satomi-o,
Thank you for your review however I was disappointed to read some of your comments. Please do call me if you have time so I can investigate further 0151 702 5100.
I remain at your service.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here in June for my 40th birthday treat. I can honestly say the staff, especially Judith were amazing. We were upgraded to the executive suite which was fantastic and everyone couldnt of been more helpful! The pool was closed on our first day which we were disappointed about as it was the main reason we had chosen the hotel, but they offered to take us to another hotel in a cab to use their facilities. This wasnt needed as the pool re-opened the next day. We look forward to the chance to stay here again, location, breakfast, rooms and service were all perfect. A lovely weekend!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a quiet room, as it is in the city centre, and i imagine could have the potential to b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear lesefc

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your Birthday weekend and that our staff were amazing. Judith has been personally congratulated.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Convenient place to explore the delights of a great city. We had a family room for 2 adults and 2 children (14 and 12). Sofa bed a bit small for them to share these days and room a bit cramped but clean and well stocked. Service good, pool ok. Good variety of options at breakfast and kids ate free so brought the cost down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rachel H

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our location and that the service was good.

An Executive room or 2 rooms on the family extra rate might be a better solution for you next time. Please call the hotel direct to discuss the options.