“Busy, nice looking and well placed”
Review of Novotel Liverpool

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Busy, nice looking and well placed”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here on business for a few nights. Positives; free wifi (although you have to re-join per 24 hrs), nice foyer/bar area, friendly & helpful staff, great location.
Room was pretty standard, aim for the higher floor possible to get a view, though. Separate w.c. from bathroom, which is a better layout in my mind.
Breakfasts were very busy - though not a scramble, but the food was not great. Most of the food was cooked well in advance and kept warm via the variety of lamps/boilers and this reduced the quality. Sadly the pastries were not warm, which is always a disappointment.
I would stay here again, for the reasons listed first.

Room Tip: Go for the upper levels to get a view.
Green Features: Posters and signs were obvious int he rooms about towels and electricity use.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear CatterD

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our location and that our staff were friendly and helpful.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with breakfast. I will pass on your comments to our chef so that we may avoid these issues in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Matthew Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel.great location friendly helpful staff , great breakfast love the pancake maker! Really comfy beds and dark quiet rooms. The room wasn't as clean as the last time I stayed door had sticky hand prints and shower wall grubby .Also was really disappointed that the pool was not ready in the morning to use.But will not put me off coming back for another stay here .

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank katieson
Dear katieson

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our location, that our staff were helpful and friendly and that you had a great breakfast.

I will pass on your comments regarding housekeeping. I'm glad it didn't affect your stay too much and that you plan to return to stay with us again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I am a very loyal Accor Hotels member and my family and I mostly stay at Novotels whenever we travel. Unfortunately, this one did not live up to our expectations. The hotel itself is okay, although a bit on the small side; however, what disappointed me most was the lacklustre service we got from the staff. When we arrived, our card keys were not properly processed, so I had to make a couple of trips back to reception to get them to work. I also provided the front desk agent with my loyalty card to have my points credited. Sadly, I am unsure whether this was processed correctly as I still haven't seen my points come up on my online statement.

Upon entering our room, we discovered that the sofa bed for my son hadn't been prepared and there were no sheets available either. When we asked for sheets so we could set up the sofa bed ourselves, it took them over an hour to send someone. And that employee just entered our room without our permission after knocking once! And did this person even help? After asking where our sheets were, the reply we got was that "he wasn't the correct person to do that and that he'll send someone else over". Did it happen? No. After another hour, I finally phoned reception and repeated my request. Five minutes later, another employee turned up and didn't even n
bother to knock...just nonchalantly entered our room! So bizarre!

Service woes aside, our room was a decent size, clean, and quiet - plus it had good (and free!) Wi-fi reception. Thankfully, we all had a good night's sleep. Location-wise, this is perfect for exploring the city centre. It's located right next to Liverpool One so guests are spoiled with choices for dining and shopping. However, I have to point out that the hotel is nowhere near Anfield. Getting to the stadium would involve either a 15-minute drive or a taxi ride.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that the pool is not suitable for swimming lengths for fitness. It's very small and shallow.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Deniseacole

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us.

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered, please be assured it is not our usual standard of service. I would like to look into these matters for you and send you a response.

I will be in touch in due course.

sheffield
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one night as a double 65th birthday getaway. Hotel was clean and tidy,pleasant helpful staff. Our room was quite big,clean and well presented. Hotel in a great location for city centre,Liverpool One shopping and Albert Dock being a short walk. Altogether a very enjoyable stay. Cannot comment on hotel food as we ate out as there are plenty of restaurants/bars/cafés nearby.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alan G

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy that you chose to spend your joint 65th Birthday with us, I hope you enjoyed celebrating in Liverpool.

I'm glad that the hotel was clean and tidy and that our staff were pleasant and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in August as my partner was having laser eye treatment at a clinic in Liverpool.
We found a secure car park at the end of he street to park our car for £20 for 2 days, which was about 300m from the hotel.
We were able to check in slightly earlier than scheduled, but receptionist advised us that our room wasn't ready, but we could have an alternative room and that he would arrange for the sofa bed and cot to be set up later, which we agreed. We were on the 5th floor in a standard room, for 2 adults, a 7 yr old and 12 week old baby. The room was very modern and clean. I liked the separate toilet to bathroom, although there was a leak coming from the ceiling roof tiles in the toilet. This was sorted out within 30 mins of contacting reception.
We then left the hotel and went out for the afternoon and evening. When we returned to the room, the sofa bed and cot had been set up, and the room suddenly felt very small, we actually had to collapse the pushchair as there wasn't enough room for it in the room. I'm not sure this room is suitable for both cot and sofa bed, and fear that it would breach fire regulations.
We dined in the restaurant buffet, which was £17 for adults and half price for children. The soup and salads were both very fresh and well presented. I had the leek and potato soup which was lovely. The mains were also well presented and very tasty. The dessert were a disappointment, a few tart/cakes and empty bowls and jugs where fresh fruit, cream and custard had once been. These were not replenished. The decor in the restaurant and reception was modern. They had a computer for guest use with internet, and a children's corner with Xbox and toys, which was a lovely touch. The swimming pool was also very nice and clean. The changing room was mixed, but there was nothing to dry swimming suits or plastic bags to carry them back in, which would be handy.
Overall very nice hotel, and we would've happy to return, however would choose a larger room next time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear TheFusyOne

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm sorry that your room felt small, we do try to explain to people who book direct with us that once a room has a cot and sofa bed it won't leave any floor space in the room. We have some Executive rooms that offer some more space that might be a suitable option for you, we also have one suite.

I'm happy to hear that you will return to stay with us again.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The place is pretty clean, location is pretty great, we can walk to Liverpool one and Albert dock. There are no outlets by the bed. And the rooms all consist of one double bed and one pull out couch. I think this is a poor arrangement. And so would anyone who has ever slept on a pull out couch. Otherwise it's fine. Not really impressed, but not terribly disappointed either.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Eliza P

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear that the hotel was clean and the location was great. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the room lay out. We do have other rooms available in the hotel that perhaps were not available during your stay.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Liverpool.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had requested pre-booking that a baby cot be in the room. Elevator's were not working properly with our card, it wouldn't swipe. Got to room - no cot of course. Phoned reception asked for cot. Waited an hour - no cot! Went down to reception asked again - we were going out for tea and would be back late. Came back- no cot…Went down to reception - they got cot. Quite stressful with young children. Pool very small but ok, went in evening, changing rooms were bit dirty. Breakfast pretty horrid - overcooked boiled food and weak coffee.
Wouldn't stay here again, but good location and quiet rooms. Work was being done on our floor (3) so hall carpets were dirty with rubble. Helpful and friendly staff though.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Bl567S

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm sorry to hear you had some issues during your stay. I would like the opportunity to resolve them in some way for you. Please contact me directly and I will look into the matters for you.