“Terrible all round”

Yee Rah Wok & Grill
Ranked #149 of 1,680 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible all round”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend went in for my birthday meal and first of all they sat us next to strangers, then brought her a warm orange juice. I ordered the ribeye which was the worst piece of meat I have ever had, it was full of gristle and so greasy that it soaked through the wooden plate and left a pool on the table (the wooden plate, that, just span around when you tried to cut the meat). My girlfriend ordered the chicken salad, which was more of a starter. At one point I went to the toilets and when I tried to leave, two waitresses were stood in the doorway talking, when I asked to get past she put her index finger in my face and told me "one minute". Never again, thanks.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank NomakB2

Wirral
“Disapointing Information”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Myself and 2 friends decided to eat here recently.
We looked at the menu outside and although not cheap we thought we had spotted a bargain with the mixed grill to share £16.95
My other friend had chicken with a mushroom sauce priced very reasonably
So all the food arrived and we tucked in to the mixed grill which was nice quality and plenty of it.
We thought we had the bargain of the day until we got the bill.
It was to share right enough but it was £16.95pp per person and given that this was the only item on the menu that was pp I think it should have been explained to us at the time of ordering.
So in summary good food very attentive service but they let themselves down with mixed grill to share experience because if you don't spot the pp you get well stung
I have just looked at the menu and its been changed to reflect the total cost £39.00 so I assume theres been a lot of complaints and at £39.00 its also gone up quite a bit.
If we had known about this at the start we would have all gone for the early bird menu which is really good value

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Paul44Wirral
whitley bay
“Could be so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Next to all the hotels, shops and cinema, the menu reads good but when ordered they don't have the food on the menu, the service was friendly with pens and paper for the kids but she could not get the right order and could not gave any advice on the kids meals ie would 1 meal do for the kids. The drinks were all large not the best for the kids, and my burger was poor as it was not cooked in the centre, we also noticed a older lady walk into the glass doors which knocked her, not one of the staff went to her aid.

This could be so much better with not a lot of work, but needs a good manager or manageress

1 Thank jasonWhitleyBay
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, good choice of menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here twice during a 4 night stay with my wife in Liverpool.
Great selection on the menu and good lunch time deals. Didn't have to wait long for food to arrive and can have no complaints about the quality.
Particular mention must go to the young Spanish/Portuguese waitress who was very polite and always smiling. She recognised us on our second visit which was a pleasant surprise. Little things like that can enhance your experience so much so she was a credit to this restaurant.

1 Thank Paul M
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely Early Bird meal at the Yee Rah in Liverpool One following a trip to the theatre.

We chose the Early Bird menu offered from 5 - 7p.m. at £12.95 for two courses. We were also offered the A LA Carte menu that is varied and reasonable, steaks around £15.50. We chose two large glasses of Chardonnay & two Singha beers. The total price for food and drinks was £48, great value for money!

The Bar and Grill restaurant is large on two floors, although only the bottom floor was in use during our visit. The toilets are on the top floor. I was very impressed with the layout of this second floor, with tables overlooking Liverpool 1 and wondered if they were used in the evening or as overflow?

The restaurant was busy but we did not have to wait for a table. Managers are very evident and hands on. Later customers were shown to the bar area whilst tables were prepared. The bar also spreads outside with plenty of seating & would be lovely on a warm day.

There is plenty of staff who are very efficient and friendly. The open grill is also well staffed and extremely efficient, providing hot meals quickly.

The Early Bird menu had plenty of choice and offered a helpful description of the food. We chose the chicken wings and the chicken satay for starters, both were plentiful and tasty. In fact it was the best satay I have tasted, sprinkled with chopped peanuts and on a bed of green salad.
We chose Singapore Noodles and the Yee Rah Beef Burger for mains. The Singapore was full of flavour but not too spicy, the burger was "home made" accompanied by chips and salad garnish.

The Early Bird offer also included 2 for 1 cocktails of which there is a very good choice. The drinks menu is also well presented and offers a good variety of wines, beers, liquors, & spirits as well as soft drinks and teas & coffees.

The restaurant also offers a lunch menu of 2 courses for £10.95. We shall certainly try this when next in Liverpool for a shopping trip.
Great visit, really topped off our theatre day. We will be visiting again.