“A great place with fantastic food”
Review of Oddfellows Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oddfellows Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I had previously been to the old restaurant a few times, when it was called Morgans - which was run by a lunatic ( see Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares ) and had not really been impressed by anything. Oddfellows is a completely different place in all aspects now, not least the quality of the quality of the food. My family and I went for Sunday lunch, which was superb. The food really is fantastic and is reasonably priced, the staff are friendly and polite. The chef made an appearance and kindly gave our little boy a packet of sweets - nice touch.
However, I fear that Oddfellows is struggling to compete with the " pile em high " cheap menus of the chain pubs, as there was only one other table occupied whilst we were dining. Oddfellows some how needs to get people through the doors, as the resaurant, menu and food are top notch.

2  Thank COYBL25

Reviewed 18 September 2009

Thanks to a free parking space on a friday afternoon in Woolton High Street, we spotted Oddfellows and decided to give it a go!
The lunch menu had a few old favourites. Fish & proper chips (stated the menu) and proper chips they were indeed! The salmon risotto was fantastic, fusilli pasta salad, with goats cheese kept the (so called) healthy eater in our party happy.I had the steak and caramelised onion baguette with rocket endive salad ,albeit I passed the salad to the healthy eater and opted for a side of proper chips! This was a light bite lunch menu and it was fantastic!

The chef (Mark) came out from the kitchen to check if all was in order and he gave us the 'lowdown' on what he had planned for the future, we were very impressed.

We booked for lunch for the following Sunday and we were joined by my sister (who makes the best Sunday lunch this side of the Rockies!) and we were all bowled over by what was on offer. (Check out the menu on www.oddfellowsrestaurant.co.uk you will not be disapponted!) Once again we were joined by Mark, his enthusiasm is infectious, the menu he has created suits mosts tastes and is first class! He uses fresh local produce and goes to great lengths to deliver a quality product.

Oddfellows deserves success, it is has a great atmosphere, fantastic food (that is reasonably priced), attentive and enthusiastic staff and (above all) a chef that cares about his craft!

We will always eat here when we visit Liverpool!

1  Thank Funlovinfella