“Very very good”

Ranked #27 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Very very good”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A one night stay in a very good modern hotel.

Check for our large party of 20+ was efficiently handled as was check out the following day. The rooms were modern, clean and well equipped. Reception was always staffed by friendly helpful staff.

Breakfast was fine with a wide selection of cereals, fruit etc apart from possibly the worst sausages I've ever tasted!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear garytw61,

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review of the hotel it was lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay and the facilities that we offer.

We hope to see you again soon in the future.

Steph Welsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Polish first
liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent hotel, spotlessly clean, good bus routes to the city and railway station. Staff very helpful and efficient. We stayed 3 weeks as we were having work done at our home, during the whole time we did not have any problems. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank Joan.Mrs B
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Joan.Mrs B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it was such as pleasure to have you hear. I will be passing your comments on to the other staff.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future.

Nontron, France
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stay at this hotel very often. It is very convenient for me. I like the room. I hate the steamed bacon breakfast. For goodness sake invest in a grill!!!
The last time I was there on a Monday morning the fire alarm went off. There had been no warning of a fire drill, and I was on the seventh floor, disabled, and so terrified by the din that I jumped from my seat.
The alarm rings and all the staff evacuate the building. There is no floor fire warden. The clients can burn to cinders, and if you can't walk down the stairs from the top floor, you are dead. There is no one to help. The staff were conspicuous by the speed at which they left the building. I told one I could not walk down the stairs, and he shrugged and said I had to, as he ran away.
I went back to my room, I was looking for something heavy to break the window to shout for help, but then saw them all assemble below. I couldn't see any smoke so I figured it was a drill, and it was. Eventually they dispersed and the alarm was turned off.
I did ask at the desk when I was leaving what happened in a real fire. Apparently someone would help. It is not good enough Hilton Hotel! I was very frightened. I think if you do not intend to include your clients in the drill then you must warn them about it.

Room Tip: If you want a bath they are on the seventh floor. (Take a parachute in case there is a fire)
Dear SoloLois,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I can only apologise for the experience you had during your recent stay, at the hotel the safety of our customers is our number one priority so I will be investigating this matter further.

We hope this does not dissuade you from staying with us again, if you would like to discuss this matter further please email me on stephanie.welsh@hilton.com

Stephanie Welsh
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

we stayed night before our flight was just across road from terminal, closest hotel, parked car for 8 days free
decided to eat at hotel, big mistake food was bad, saw several people send theirs back,dont think they had a kitchen just a microwave. staff where friendly but bar is attached to reception and difficult to get served waited 15 mins while a guest was checking in to get served

Room Tip: dont eat in hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear yorkie057,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your recent stay at the hotel, I am glad you found the staff and the location nice. In regards to your comments regarding the food we are always looking for ways to improve the menu and we keep trying our best to accommodate all peoples different preferences.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March as we had an early morning flight. Rooms were clean spacious and had a really comfy bed. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Regarding food, we only had an early morning breakfast which was fine. Breakfast room was clean, tidy and well kept. I would def stay again. Lovely hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear saywhatuc41,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a lovely review, it was a pleasure to hear such kind comments in regards to our staff and I will be passing these on. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed one night prior to an early flight next day. Knew to avoid the food, so we brought our own picnic, last time the bar food was dreadful and I don't think it has improved.
Free WIFI, friendly staff, large, bright clean rooms and a lovely bar area. Left car for 4 days and it is a mere 2 minute walk to the terminal, the only place to stay if flying but don't, expect good food. Free breakfast, adequate and filling.

Dear Dannyairedale,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel I am glad you took advantage of our Stay, Park and Fly package. In regards to the comments regarding the hotel I am glad you enjoyed the facilities that we offer.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Stephanie Welsh
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have stayed here now about 6 times and every time it's been absolutely great. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and the rooms are immaculate. Nice and peaceful too for an airport hotel and it's so close to the airport. Top Recommendation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear dcsjacks,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the hotel such a lovely review, all the comments you have made regarding the staff and hotel itself were a pleasure to hear. I am also glad you keep staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon for the 7th time.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Kind Regard,