“Fabulous start or end to your trip abroad”

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked our room with 1 weeks parking but opted to stay on our return as we were flying back in at 2am. You just leave the car and go to the lifts down to the airport level cross the road and check in at the desks it's that simple. On our return it was very early morning and a very cheerful receptionist quickly sorted our booking and we were in our room in no time. The room is of a good size, very clean and apart from a shower cap everything you need (lovely fluffy large towels and a very large shower).
Breakfast has lots of choices cold and hot all included in the booking. The only problem is the queues we were ok for our cereal and juice but there were not enough clean plates and cutlery and we waited for them then had to wait for the hot food to be brought out also the wait for the toaster was also a long one it would be a good idea if there was 2 toasters and 2 sides to queue for hot food.
It is a brilliant hotel just allow extra time if having breakfast before a flight it did not matter to us as we were only driving to Liverpool to elongate our break and explore there for a couple of days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear jollymid,

Thank you for your 5* review regarding your recent stay; I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and check in was cheerful. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused regarding breakfast and I have passed the comments to the relevant department.

I look forward to your return in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport

Reviewed 6 May 2014

No hotel is closer to Liverpool airport than this hotel and it is a comfortable stay to boot. Easily a 4 star hotel with 4 star rooms & facilities. With breakfast included, this has to be a bargain buy at current rates. You will not get a better deal if leaving/ arriving from Liverpool airport. Stay soon.

Room Tip: The sound-proofing is first class; even though rooms can be next to the runway ( & ours was...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear John M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay; it is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here over the weekend, easy to find and straight across from the terminal.

Parking is £35.00 per night but gets waived if you stay the night so great value.

Staff where polite even though check in was busy.

Room was very nice will runway view.

Breakfast great, plenty of choice and the staff where cleaning the breakfast room all the time.

If you’re not jetting off, plenty of buses into Liverpool at the terminal.

All round great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear copleycop,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here for one night before catching an early morning flight. The room was decent and was clean with a lovely comfortable big bed. I was advised that bar snacks would be available from 6pm, as mentioned in previous posts there is little choice locally to eat so I decided to stay in the hotel. There wasn't a huge choice on the menu, I ordered a chickenburger which arrived promptly, however whilst eating two televisions were put on with the volume turned up (both with different channels on) but also the music from the sound system was playing too. If it wasn't for this I may have been tempted to stay and have another drink. However, I had a wonderful nights sleep and was only awoken at 4 am by other people leaving their rooms which I suppose is to be expected at an airport hotel. I went downstairs for breakfast which was a bit disappointing, the croissants did not seem to be very fresh, but at least I could get something to eat and drink before walking over to the airport terminal. This report sounds a bit negative but on the whole this hotel was very good value for money and I would stay here again if I had an early flight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GSM_Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear FizzyTiggs,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and will be passing your comments regarding your dining experience to the relevant departments.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I wanted somewhere to put my head down for a few hours before my onward travel

This is a new build hotel with a number of good points.

Reception is on level 5 and my room was on level 11

Well planned bedroom and nice wide corridors. I thought the direction signage especially when you leave your bedroom could be a lot clearer. Apart from no window to open the bedroom is a good size and has all the facilities that one would expect of a Hilton Product. Very clever use of one door either closing off the wardrobe or if opened through 90 degrees the bathroom. The room is worth a visit for this alone. The bed was very comfortable however, the pillows a little bit small and I would have expected a standard sized pillow. In comparison to the last Hilton product I stayed in " Double Tree" a shoebox sized bedroom and very expensive and very noisy kitchen fan that came on at 0500 hours this product this was far superior apart from the instant coffee. Yes the best thing about Double Tree was the coffee machine in the bedroom. The bedroom is fully air conditioned which is not the best for a good sleep..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Willbur_10,

Thank you for leaving a review fo the hotel, it was a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton by Hilton.

We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 1 night (Sun) during April 2014.

LOCATION:
The hotel is very conveniently located directly across the street from the airport terminal. The only way it could be more convenient would be if it was located within the terminal itself. There is plenty of parking around the hotel. We selected this hotel as we were getting up for a flight the next morning.

SERVICE:
 Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by pleasant reception staff. We had booked online so check in was quick and efficient. However, in the middle of the night at approximately 4am we were suddenly awakened by the loud, piercing fire alarm. It rang for a minute or two and then turned off. No notification from reception, I had to phone downstairs where a staff member advised that everything was "OK" and that it was just a false alarm. When I expressed my displeasure to staff at reception at having been woken up at 4am the reply was that "it wasn't a problem at all" as it was a false alarm. The staff member appeared to have failed to realize that the primary reason for staying at a hotel, particularly this one, is to get a good nights sleep before or after a flight. The indifference displayed by the reception staff was disappointing.

ROOMS:
 The room was quite large and provided all the amenities that one would require. Although it was in close proximity and facing the airport and runway, outside noise was not an issue at all.

DINING:
 We had breakfast at the hotel. It is a small buffet providing basic breakfast fare. One glaring omission was that there were no eggs provided at all in any form (scrambled or hard boiled). Many of the most basic hotels/motels in North America provide some type of egg choice. This appears to be where they have cut corners in the food preparation and cost area.

Overall this hotel is an excellent choice mainly for the convenience to the airport and the large and quiet rooms. Unfortunately service and a good nights sleep is crucial to guests staying at a hotel and our experience fell short in this regard during our stay, hence the three stars.

Room Tip: Our room faced out towards the airport terminal and runway and did not encounter any noticeable outs...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MisterCheeky,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel, in regards to some of the comments you left regarding the Hampton by Hilton, we do provide scrambled egg at breakfast and I am shocked to hear you were unable to have this. In regards to the fire alarm if you would like to discuss the situation further please feel free to email me at Stephanie.welsh@hilton.com

We hope this does not disuade you from staying with us again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

we flew Liverpool to Derry early Saturday morning; stayed in the Hampton the night before; lovely modern hotel; spotless; good no great room, friendly staff; added real value to our weekend. The four days parking in the price of the room made it great value. I would recommend to all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear D D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of the Hampton by Hilton, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.