“Hidden breakfast”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I'm an idiot in the morning. Arguably I'm an idiot at other times too but being an idiot in the morning is a speciality.

I was disappointed that the breakfast selection was, well, healthy and restricted. Luckily I saw someone with a mobile heart-attack on a plate and soon worked out there was a large selection of cooked food around the corner. There was even an egg chef. Brilliant. Well it'd be brilliant if I hadn't already stuffed my face with fruit. As I said, I'm an idiot.

The hotel is well located with comfy and large rooms. The posh docks is over the road and the posh shops are on the hotel's doorstep.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David P
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear David P,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding breakfast, I sincerely hope you enjoyed the rest of it once you found the hot selection.
I sincerely hope you revisit the hotel to enjoy everything our breakfast has to offer.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Arrived too early to check in but left bags with no problems. On collection a zip tasstle was broken, it didn't matter but they must have noticed and there was no acknowledgment of this. Room big enough but lack of storage, hanging space only, fine for one night though. Shower pressure dreadful, wouldn't wash soap off, tap pressure was good, confusing. Bar was small and busy, tables had reserved signs on them which seemed very odd. Generally clean although room could have done with a really good dusting. Beds ok. Very quiet. Bathroom sink far too high for me and I am 5'4, also tap too close to edge of sink to wash hands properly. Brilliant location, helpful with taxis etc. Would stay again if I went back to Liverpool but would look at other hotels first. Not bad, not brilliant.

5  Thank Becca_Becs

Dear Becca_becs,
Thank you for your constructive criticism in regards to your stay at the Hilton Liverpool, I am very pleased to see that you would stay at the hotel again.
I can only apologise for the slight issues that you had at the Hilton Liverpool, if they had been mentioned at the time I am sure they would have been resolved immediately. If you do stay in future please feel free to contact me directly and I will try my best to ensure that you have a great stay.
Kind regards,
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This hotel is in a great location for sightseeing.

Opposite Albert Dock, it is basically across the road and out the back of the hotel seems to be a large shopping area with an excellent range of shops.

Rooms were very clean and to the standard expected.

Executive Lounge was probably lower than what I expected, drinks were OK, snacks were OK, but nothing special, and probably on par with some of the Doubletree hotels.

Check in .. OK

Check out ... nearly the longest wait ever. What was more disappointing was staff members walking by who were not prepared to help. Nothing worse than a long queue and there did not seem to be any reason for the queue, other than hotel staff probably trying to be too over friendly. As there was no bill under the door there was no quick check out. Strange.

However, the main issue is the parking for this hotel. There is none. You have to park in a car park over the road ... £9.5 a night ... not sure if this is a reduced rate for the hotel .. valet parking is £25.50 on top of that. However as the hotel is also in the heart of Liverpool getting in and out with a car was not that simple ... perhaps it is better to take the train !

Did not eat here, but the bar seemed modern and comfortable.

There are a wide range of eating and drinking places close and the hotel is probably excellent as a shopping base.

Returning in June on a leisure trip so will find out ;)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear 2112Traveller,
Thank you for your constructive criticism regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool.
I can only apologise that you had to wait when checking out, for future stays you do have the option to check out in the Executive Lounge. I will pass on your comments to the Front of House Manager, to ensure that all Executive Lounge hosts are making this available for our guests.
The hotel does not have onsite car parking, we share a good relationship with the Liverpool one Q park and John Lewis Q park, were guests are able to park at these sites and receive a discount ticket on checkout making your rate only £9.50 for 24 hours. If you wish to take the train in future, Liverpool Lime Street is a 10 minute walk away from the hotel, or a 5 minute taxi ride.
I am very pleased to see that you took advantage of the great location in the city, and please feel free to contact me directly for any advice in regards to Restaurants for your future stay in June.
Kind regard,

Reviewed 22 April 2013

nice clean hotel overlooking Albert dock and attached to Liverpool one shopping centre. best location! few minor things with room such as lack of coat hooks and no shelves, only hangers for clothes. would stay again though.

Dear Discoverandgo,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed its great location in the city.
I will pass on your comments regarding storage space in the room to the Housekeeping department, to see if there any possible solutions to this.
Warm regards,
Sarah

Reviewed 21 April 2013

£149 for room but Internet cost £20 or £25 per 24 hr. I can't remember which and can't find it on their website. Otherwise the hotel was good. Ok breakfast but a selection of more whole grain/ black breads at breakfast would have been appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KitLondonUK

Dear KitLondonUK,
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool.
In the Guest rooms, the internet is priced at £6 for an hour or £15 for 24 hours. In addition to this, you have access to complimentary WIFI in the lobby area, in which you need to receive a 90 minute code from Reception. We are currently looking at incorporating Internet into our rates, please contact the hotel directly if this is something that you would be interested in the future.
I sincerely hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The is a modern, clean hotel. The rooms look newly refurbished or otherwise well maintained. Good selection at breakfast and helpful and friendly staff.

The best thing would be the location only a short stroll away from the main shopping area and attractions.

Only downside was expensive wifi in the rooms and for my personal taste, I found it odd to have a loud open bar with flashing lights which looked like a nightclub in the open hotel lobby at night time. I would've given it 5 stars otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maryam A

Dear Shekamu,
Thank you for your kind words in regards to the staff at the Hilton Liverpool, I will pass on your compliments.
We do have a very popular bar of a weekend, where there is Live entertainment from a 7pm onwards, I am very sorry if this was not to your taste. For future stays we do Executive rooms on the 6th and 7th floors were you can have access to the Executive Lounge, if you and your guest would prefer to have a quieter drink.
I sincerely hope that you revisit the hotel in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I'm usually a dedicated Marriott user, but when I compared the available rates for my last stay in Liverpool, the Hilton was cheaper. Cheaper and far better as it turns out.

None of which is to say that the Marriott is bad. It's just that in terms of service, comfort, and overall quality, the Hilton sets the bar very high, and at a very reasonable rate.

The only flaw was breakfast which was not as hot as it could be, and where the service was understaffed.

Otherwise, I think I've found a new favourite hotel.

1  Thank FlamingBagel
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Flamingbagel,
I am so pleased to hear that you tried the Hilton brand for the first time, and had such positive feedback.
I will pass on your comments to the Restaurant and Bar Manager, who will look to improve the way in which we keep our breakfast at a suitable temperature. I sincerely hope that this did not hinder your stay in any way, and I hope that you revisit the property in the future.
Kindest regards,