“Great weekend break”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed at the Hilton with a few friends last week for the weekend. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. I was really impressed with how friendly and attentive the staff were and it was a really pleasant surprise. We had a room on the 7th floor which gave us access to the Executive lounge with free drinks and also breakfast. Location is second to none with all the shops on your doorstep. The Hotel comes to life in the evening, we ate at the supper club restaurant which is a dream, PIMA bar gets the party started with amazing cocktails and live entertainment. We finally then headed across to the Hotel's nightclub Playground. The weekend was great, can't wait to go back and do it all over again. Yiannaki Stavrou

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Yiannakis23,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool.
I am very pleased to see that you and your friends enjoyed the hotel and all it has to offer. If you need any assistance for your future stays, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to help.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.
Kindest regards,
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,010)

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed at the Hilton earlier this month for 2 nights for my partner's birthday, prior to arrival I'd e-mailed asking about upgrades or packages but didn't hear back. When we got to the hotel one of the ladies there upgraded our room and gave us access to the Executive lounge with free breakfast etc. They also arranged for a cake to be put in our room, it was a nice surprise and made his weekend!! Even the cleaner who we chatted to outside our room was really friendly. Location is excellent for the Dock and shopping and the car park was nearby and easy to find. The weekend was great, can't wait to go back and would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MadisionRio,
I can only apologise that you did not receive a response regarding your previous requests. In future, please feel free to contact me directly via email or phone call and I will be more than happy to help.
I am so pleased to see that your partner enjoyed his birthday at the hotel, and would definitely revisit. Thank you for your kind words regarding all of our staff here, I will pass on your comments to the Housekeeping department.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool.
Warm regards,
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Reviewed 10 June 2013

6 of us stayed at the hilton for our wedding anniversary, overall a lovely hotel, staff were very friendly and always obliging.
make sure you request a high floor ( we stayed on 5th floor) as on a friday and saturday night the hotel lobby turns into a nightclub which is open to the public, we returned to the hotel around 11:30pm on saturday night and it was like an 18-30's rave, so we went over to the pumphouse pub across the road for a nightcap. in all my years of travelling i have never known a hotel lobby turn into a nightclub! so we were grateful to have been given a higher floor so we couldn't hear the noise.
rooms were spacious, clean and the bathroom larger than usual. don't see how they can justify charging £3:75 for a bottle of water though!
breakfast was lovely, overall a fantastic weekend but such a terrible shame such a lovely hotel turns into a 18-30's nightclub!

1  Thank cricket1993

Dear Cricket1993,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff at the Hilton Liverpool. We set high standards for all our team members and it great to hear when this is appreciated.
The Pima bar has become a very busy and successful bar in the city, which can become busy at certain times, especially over the weekend. Because of this, the hotel has recently opened a Residents bar on the 7th floor, where guests are able to go and have a quiet drink.
I sincerely hope that in the future you are able to experience this and have another fantastic weekend in Liverpool.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

you get what you pay for with the hilton. lovely room, great bed, great shower. breakfast was superb, as always. bit of a bummer not being able to open the windows and my room (230) the curtains didn't quite close fully so there was constantly a gap for sunlight to get in. £120 a night was a bit steep too, which is why this is only getting 4 stars. but otherwise great hotel and superb location too, right beside the dock area and liverpool one.

Dear Aidyonline,
Thank you for your compliments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool.
I greatly appreciate your comments regarding the curtains in the bedroom; this has been reported to the Housekeeping department to see if this can be rectified.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel was perfectly servicable without being exceptional. The staff were courteous and friendly (although unable to get my keycard to work despite several attempts) and the room seemed good value for a business stay in central Liverpool. The room was spacious with a good bath and shower.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear FlupesLoops,
Thank you for your constructive criticism in regards to your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am pleased to see that you found our team members to be friendly and I have reported the attempts with your key card to the Maintenance department to investigate.
I sincerely hope that you revisit the city and hotel.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is the hotel we choose for nights out and shopping days in Liverpool for the main reason that it has the location of central city position and the hotel has a fabulous bar.
Parking is within Liverpool One on 2nd or 3rd (can't remember which one!) and then a short walk up to the open area just in front of the hotel.

Staff are always friendly and welcoming making check in a nice experience. The rooms are best when booked as executive as you have the lounge with drinks and canapes between 6-8pm - perfect before a night out or a show at Echo Arena.

The gym in the hotel is well equipped and has all you need for a good training session.

Breakfast has a wide choice as always with Hilton and tastes good no matter what you choose.

I love this hotel and wouldn't choose anything other.

Room Tip: Executive room's are a must!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Happyj0nes,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to see that you enjoy staying here and I have passed on your comments to the different departments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the property and if you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Ticks all the boxes for what we required. Great first impression at the check-in. Room offered was to our satisfaction. As we booked an executive room it was ready before the stipulated check-in time. The staff were all pleasant and professional. Clean room, clean hotel. Great location.

Room Tip: We requested a park view and had a great view over Liverpool 1.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike e,
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I will pass on your kind words to the different departments to praise all staff. If there was anyone in particular that stood out to you please let me know.