“Great location”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Liverpool Hilton is in a great location with views of the docks, the Mersey and Museum. The Liverpool One shops are on the doorsteps and it's only a fifteen minute walk to the train station. The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The restaurant is good value but very noisy as there are no walls between it and the bar area with live entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Christine D,
Thank you for such positive comments regarding your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time in the city and at the hotel.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Liverpool in the future.
Sarah Johnson

Write a ReviewReviews (3,042)

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location in Liverpool. First time guest, although I regularly visit on business. I've been missing out! I love this city centre Hilton. The knowledgable front desk staff (Lindsey) were very helpful with simple but very useful tips, advice and directions.

Too good to be true? Yes, I was peeved to be offered a smoking room when they cleared had non-smoking rooms. Why put me through that? Anyway, this was changed to a spacious & clean room on the 3rd floor. I liked my room, it was nice & comfortable. Although, there was a lingering whiff of smoke in the air. Really?

I had dinner in the Exchange Restaurant. It was a quiet Monday night, so I was surprised to be (a) asked for my name & room number, prior to (b) being offered the table nearest the kitchen! Service Quarter! Really? Mood dampener! Theme? I had a rather leaner than expected Rib-eye steak! Again, Really? However, it was well prepared. Just as I ordered. They could do with a side of peppercorn sauce.

I didn't bother with the £15 Internet service. I'm surprised that it isn't free or inclusive in my Executive rate!

I'm looking forward to breakfast. I hope that the staff play nice...

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear John J,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about the Hilton Liverpool on Trip Advisor.
I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel and I will make sure that Lindsey receives acknowledgement for her service. I can only apologise for the confusion on check in with your room type, training has been reissued to ensure that all of our guests receive the room that they have requested.
Please be assured, I have passed on your comments to the Restaurant department to look into different seating plans in the restaurant. Thank you for raising this issue with us directly, as we have not received feedback like this before.
At the hotel, there is currently an inhouse offer which means that the internet is £7.50 per 24hours for all of your guests.
I sincerely hope that you do revisit the hotel in future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton on the 28th of September as it was a very special occasion and a family gathering. The room was ok but a little dated.
On arrival I wanted to make a cup of coffee but was absolutely horrified when I opened the cupboard! The tray was filthy and dirty and I could have written my name in the dust. When I opened the fridge it had half empty cartons of juice and half eaten food from previous visitors and nothing at all from the mini bar. I informed reception, and the mini bar was filled but unfortunately nobody cleaned the fridge or trays or the inside of the cupboard, even though I had informed the reception of this. I was horrified that this had been neglected.
When leaving the next day and having been given another customers receipt ! , I once again told the reception staff of my horror at the state of the mini bar and beverage cupboard only to be told that she would pass the message on!
I was very disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jinijos

Dear Jinijos,
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your constructive feedback on your most recent stay at the Hilton Liverpool.
I can only apologise to you about the cleanliness in your room, and please be assured this has been passed onto the Head of Housekeeping. The hotel usually receives excellent feedback regarding the cleanliness within Guest rooms, and I regret deeply that you have not had the same experience.
I sincerely hope that you revisit the property in the future to receive the high standard of housekeeping that we like to provide.
Sarah

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband travels regularly to Liverpool on business, and wanted to show me what a great city it is. We stayed for two nights. Location wise, the Hilton is perfect, within easy walking distance of everywhere that we visited. Staff are well informed on the area, and happy to give advice and directions.

We had booked an executive room, but because these are on the upper floors and I don't like lifts, we changed to a second floor room, assured that we would enjoy all the same benefits. Oh dear, this was a mistake. Access to our room, 238, was past smoking rooms, so the corridor smelled very unpleasant. The room itself was fine, large and clean, nice big comfy bed. However, when the Pima bar livens up, as it does on weekend evenings, the music booms out into the streets and is so loud when you enter the hotel that you can't hear what staff at reception are saying. Sadly the music carries into room 238, great if you want to singalong, awful if you want to sleep ready for a full day's walking, and it goes on late.

The following day, we switched to a quieter room on the fifth floor, taking the lift rather than the noise, and, thankfully, the repeat of the amazingly loud music couldn't be heard in 524. We were unable to change to an executive room, as these were fully booked. However, despite our repeated requests on both days, the promised bathrobes never materialised.

I agree with previous comments that the executive lounge looks rather tired, and we felt that breakfast was very disappointing.

On our first night, we wanted to book a taxi, as we were travelling outside the city for dinner. Reception was very busy, and there was no concierge to be found. We telephoned instead from our room, but after more than half an hour trying in vain, we gave up.

We enjoyed free internet access as executive guests. I feel strongly that this should anyway be included in the price, and £15 a day seems overly expensive.

In summary, let down by details, and in my view, anyone booking a room on the affected floors should be warned about the very loud noise.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights and remembered why I had sworn never to stay in a Hilton again in my life. Coming in on a Saturday, there was some kind of disco going on in the lobby so little chance to understand the lady at the reception. We had to change rooms as our fan was broken and extremely noisy. That was dealt with and we changed rooms (after they told us they were fully booked). The room size was good but the bathroom was just odd. The water smelled bad and radted funny and the sink was so badly constructed the tooth brushing was difficult for someone of my height (I am not super tiny). Indeed, my feet did not reach the floor when using the toilet. Why is it like Ryanair? Because you pay for everything extra at huge prices that you would expect to be part of the service. Internet at £15 for 24 hours!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AbigailBlank
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear BSDurham,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I can only apologise if feel that strongly about not revisiting the property. Please contact me directly to discuss your comments further.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here back in June as we were attending a wedding nearby. We have stayed here numerous time and each time we have been happy, this time no exception. The rooms are clean and a decent size. Probably my only negative comment would be the Executive Lounge which is located on the 7th floor. It looks very worn, ie, the tables are all scratched and marked and the services available are very limited. We popped in for afternoon tea and the only thing on offer was a small piece of stale carrot cake. We hoped the cake stand would be replenished but it wasn't, certainly whilst we were there. We also had breakfast the following morning and again, very disappointing with limited choices. It seemed to be a case of when it was gone it was gone !
That said, it wouldn't put me off staying here again, I just wouldn't use the Executive Lounge.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear HolidayHeaven,
Thank you for your constructive comments regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I hope you and your husband enjoyed the wedding you attended.
I am so pleased that you enjoy your time here and feel free to contact me directly for any future requests. Thank you again for your feedback about the Executive Lounge, we have currently made changes to lounge to make a more relaxing environment. I sincerely hope you are able to revisit the hotel in the near future to see these changes.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We used this venue for a meeting recently. Booked a business lunch for our team here. I was really surprised at how good this was. Both quality, and choice was really great.

Our meeting room, was the boardroom and again well equipped. The staff who looked after us here were excellent too. All in all a great experience and one that I would certainly repeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Stene,
I am so pleased to see that you and your colleagues enjoyed your meeting at the hotel. I am delighted that the Conference staff were able to take care of all your needs and I will be certainly sharing your comments.