“A beautiful hilton to stay”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful hilton to stay”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I had a pleasure of a stat here good size rooms staff were attentive and friendly but not overbearing a great location on the edge of Liverpool One and right near the Docks so near to the nightlife! The bar was nice and treated the residents well! An absolute pleasure of a stay! Stayed a few times will be back again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Michael W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such great feedback about your stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy to hear that you will be coming back.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

Sophie Hartley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Had an excellent stay at the Hilton Liverpool. It is very central. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the breakfast. The pastries and bread were stale, the buffet of sausages etc was not hot and not very nice. The coffee wasnt nice either. Luckily there is a Starbucks just outside the hotel. Other than that it was great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Colette R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that the Hilton Team made your stay a memorable one.

I am very disappointed to hear that our breakfast did not meet your expectations as we pride ourselves on our quality.

If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Hilton Liverpool is situated in a perfect location overlooking the albert dock. The friendly staff and management make this hotel a special place. The food quality is of Hilton standard and the bar area has a great atmosphere. I would recommend upgrading to the executive rooms as the lounge offers plenty of benefits.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am extremely happy to hear that you felt the Hilton Team exceeded your expectations and made your stay so enjoyable.

I really hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Bad service from the start .After trying to book a table at the cinema club restaurant witch took four phone calls and I was spoken to quite rudely I had to email to ask could I please book a table . I was assured by the restaurant supervisor that my booking had been taken.She apologised and said this was not there usual service and prided them in there excellent service. when we arrived I gave my name the lady flicked through some papers asked was our name down she said no . I explained about the booking she said it wasn't there fault ! and that they were busy ! we were eventually shown to a table waited some time to be served and handed two menus and a torch as it was that dark you couldn't see it ,hence cinema club . the waiters were walking in and out with food not knowing what table they were going to showing people the food and asking was it thers . and a waitress spilt a glass of champagne all over a lady who was sat behind us .Have been offered a return visit for half price I don't think so !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sophie H, Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear michelle502014,

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and I apologise for the inconveniences that you have experienced with regards to the service in our restaurant.

We do pride ourselves on excellence and I can only again apologise that you felt you did not receive this great service.

If you would like to discuss this matter further then please don't hesitate to contact me direct.

Emma Skelhorn
Restaurant Supervisor.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Spend business week and privat weekend at Hilton. Nice clean hotel, super breakfast and bar. At the shopping centre and Albert Docks with restaurant, musea and pubs (The pumphouse) at walking distance. Liked the fitness as well!

Room Tip: Room at 3rd was great...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Theo W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review, I am very glad to see you enjoy staying in our hotel for business or leisure visits to the city, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Regards,
Steff
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It could almost be the script from a movie; the hotel that changes character after dark. . .

You always think you know what to expect from a Hilton, but that doesn't quite hold true here. Check-in was a breeze, with a quick, efficient and friendly service. Probably the warmest welcome I've received at check-in at any hotel I've ever stayed at. This was a mark across Liverpool for the whole weekend, we were welcomed in a similar vein everywhere, it was very refreshing.

The room was nice, a decent size, the bed was large and comfortable, the bathroom well appointed and all was spotlessly clean. I must say that the shower was excellent. There were one or two minor chips in the paintwork, but in a busy hotel you'll see that from time to time, if the areas needing a touch-up were more numerous it would be cause for concern. The TV as mentioned in other reviews, is slow to get going and isn't the most user friendly, but I don't go to a hotel to sit in and watch TV.

As a guest we got a discount for breakfast which wasn't included in the room rate (we got a 33% off rate for the weekend stay through their website) but still came in at £9.95 per head. We didn't sample that, electing for a cafe just across the street which did a full English for £5, which was OK, but no more.

Anyhow; having been out in the evening for some dinner, we came back on the Friday night to find the hotel bar was heaving, with loud music pumping out. The same was true on the Saturday night when we got back in from some friends' engagement party. We brought another couple from the party back with us, saying 'you've got to see this.'

The bar of the Hilton is one of Liverpool's hottest nightspots, and we decided to join the revellers for a period on the Saturday. It was crazy, loud, boisterous, brash and completely without inhibition. The Scousers take partying as seriously as their football, the atmosphere was great, the costumes and make up stunning, it was very very bizarre and superb fun. If you can, go with it, you'll have a great time. If you can't go with it, don't feel intimidated, it was excellent, and in our room on the 4th floor we couldn't hear a peep from ground level.

We'll be back to Liverpool to attend the wedding, and will probably visit again in between, we'll be heading straight for the Hilton. We loved it for the sheer craziness.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about noise from the partying downstairs, you certainly can't hear anyth...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snowolf
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear snowolf,

Thank you very much for such a lovely and enthusiastic review of Hilton Liverpool. We are extremely happy to hear that you not only enjoyed the warm welcome but also the environment in the Bar.

I sincerely hope to see you again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a strange hotel. Very odd.

I was allocated a smoking room, I didn't even realise such room were still allowed. It stank, it was disgusting. I requested a change to a non-smoking room only to be told that would not be possible as the hotel is full. Thankfully a manager stepping in and all off a sudden I was found a normal room in a matter of minutes. Why was I lied to when I first raised the issue?

The room was fine, spacious but bland. The TV system, a nightmare and slow, very slow. What is wrong with just normal TV channels? But no, you have to have this stupid welcome screen that takes an age to take you to what you want. Room and bathroom were clean, bed comfortable. Air condition system a pain (aren't they always?).

Where do I start with the hotel bar? All I wanted was a coffee and to crack on with some work, why oh why they insist on the dim lighting, strange colours and blaring dance music out in the middle of the afternoon is beyond me. Awful doesn't even come close.

The breakfast was average at best, average buffet fare. Why the need to play dance music at breakfast? It really isn't what you want to hear at 7.30am when you are gearing yourself up for a big day ahead of work. In fairness this only happened one morning of three.

Hilton used to be decent hotels, sadly I am now often left disappointed. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Greg T,

I am extremely grateful that you have taken the time to provide us with your feedback and to advise us of the challenges you encountered during your stay. I would like to offer my sincere apologies at the outset for any inconveniences you experienced.

Hilton Liverpool is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Our team sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal to make this a completely successful visit and I would like to reassure you that your feedback is taken into consideration when looking at ways to excel on our Guests future stays.

If you wish to discuss your experience further with me, please feel free to contact me direct.