“Great Central Location Everything You Need”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great Central Location Everything You Need”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is one of my regular hotels when working in Liverpool provided I can get a reasonable price on it!
The central location is excellent, right in the middle of the new Liverpool One development and a stone’s throw for Albert Dock and all the rest of the downtown action.
The rooms are a good size, comfortable with modern décor, good quality finishes and everything you need including a well-stocked minibar … although this last visit my fridge didn’t work – but they did replace it.
The windows are large enough to let in a good bit of light and allow a good view, but the desk area is a bit small for me because I like to spread out and the TV screen is annoyingly immovable – I just wanted to shift it down a bit so I could get some more space along by the desk. But this is a minor thing!
You have to pay for the internet with is irritating, but it is at least fast and wide!
The staff are friendly and helpful and the downstairs bar restaurant is excellent and also has a few flourishes of funkiness in the design. When it gets busy sometimes a bit of a vibe builds up in there which is great!
It’s only been open a couple of years, so nothing has yet got too worn out!
I will definitely keep staying here for all these reasons.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne Louise S
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear AnnieLouiseS,

Thank you for contacting Tripadvisor with such fantastic comments regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the property and if there is anything you need assistance with in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Hilton Liverpool for one night on Tuesday 4th March. I have always wanted to stay there after thinking how impressive the hotel looked from the outside. However I was very disappointed with my stay. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, I had a poor nights sleep as I could not stay in the same position for very long due to the springs from the mattress sticking into my back. The bedside cabinets and dressings table were sticky and marked and needed a good clean. Although the view from the windows were pleasant it was spoilt from the windows being so dirty, it looks like they had not been cleaned for some time. One of the lights in the room was also broken. This is not what I would expect from a modern Hilton hotel situated in a prime location.
The member of staff at check in and check out was not very friendly or helpful explaining things considering it was my first time staying at the hotel.
I felt the hotel lacked atmosphere especially at breakfast as the restaurant was empty. Considering the restaurant was empty the staff did not make any contact with me or ask if everything was ok with the breakfast.
This is the first and last time that I will be staying at this hotel which is a great shame considering it is in such an ideal location for me to stay when I am visiting Liverpool. Not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank LauraLou1802
Dear LauraLou1802,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor, we welcome all comments whether they are positive or negative. I would like to speak to you further in order to resolve these issues that occurred during your time in the hotel. Please contact me via the email address provided.

I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my girlfriend after an evening out to the theatre.

The hotel itself was nice, the room was of reasonable size, the view was good and the breakfast was the usual Hilton banquet. It's in pretty much the ideal location for most night life around Liverpool.

However, there are one or two things that need improvement.

Firstly the room could do with being a bit cleaner. The bed was clean which would be the main area of concern. But the desk tops and other areas looked a little bit mucky and dusty. A proper wipe down wouldn't go a miss. Also one or two of the lights weren't working in the room. This was only a minor thing but a slight annoyance never the less.

The view of the Albert Dock was a good one if it hadn't been spoilt by dirty windows. I know these might be hard to be kept clean being on the water front but it looked like they've not been cleaned for a while. Again not a major complaint for a single nights stay but it does all add up.

The major thing that let the room down was the bed. It was a good size but it was pretty dam uncomfortable and not very supportive at all. It was noisy every time you rolled over it creaked and cracked. It was difficult to get comfortable in. I think a new mattress was needed desperately. If the bed had been better the hotel would get a higher rating from me.

Overall the hotel is fine for an evenings stay but I wouldn't want to stay there for more than 1-2 nights on that bed. My back would be in pieces......

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChesterChris69
Dear Chester Chris69,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool.

I can only apologise for the issues that you faced during your time here, I have informed housekeeping who will be reviewing the checking procedures within our rooms. Thank you again for raising these points so we are able to address them immediately.

If you wish to stay with us in the future, please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance you may need.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family. From front of house staff to Executive Lounge staff, everyone was efficient and friendly. Our two grandsons had a whale of a time. I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Myra M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback about your stay with the Hilton Liverpool.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and we are so glad we made your weekend so memorable.

We sincerely hope to welcome you all back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stopped here with my partner for a small mid week break.
Got a really good deal so though why not try it for the first time.
Best decision we made, lovely staff who are very helpful.
Room was perfect.
Didn't bother with breakfast but did have dinner there one night, expensive but wonderful food.
Only gripe was parking, they advertise it but when we arrived was told we couldn't park there, bit annoying as there were lots of spaces available.
Didn't spoil the trip one bit.
Will be staying here again very soon.

Room Tip: There isn't any parking here as advertised so make allowances, otherwise perfect place and locat...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear 186336John_D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Liverpool.

I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and the Hilton Team made sure you felt welcome. However I am extremely sorry for the misunderstanding regarding our Car Parking and if returning to Hilton Liverpool, you are more than welcome to take advantage of our Valet Parking service offered by the Concierge team at a cost of only £35.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Good position by the docks. Modern, light, airy hotel. Friendly staff make you welcome. Excellent room. Large king size bed. Every was very clean both in the room & the rest of the hotel. Very handy position for a shopping spree in nearby Liverpool !.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear B9706QMrobertf,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel so welcome. I hope you enjoyed yourself shopping in Liverpool and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Moreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

we stayed here for one night as a couple,we had use of the exclusive lounge,this includes tea's,coffee's ,soft drinks,nibbles during the day and for 4 hours in the evening there was wine,beer and hot snacks.our room was lovely,great views over Albert Dock.large bathroom,mini bar..etc..we were given a voucher for discount in the restaurant for the night we stayed.great staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank elz0
Dear elz0,

Thank you for taking the time to give such brilliant feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Liverpool.

I am very glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the Hilton Team did everything they could to make you feel welcome.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.