“Being centrally located was a bonus”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The first room we were offered had a terrible squeaky bed, we were moved quickly when we asked but the room we were moved to was much father away from the lifts, this was annoying when the door card refused to work. My hubby made several long trips to reception. He was given another card which again failed. The reception girls were forced to stand all day, I saw one young lady staff member in the morning and again much later in the day, still standing, apparently only if you are pregnant you can sit down! The executive lounge was good but I did not like the sensors in the bedroom that could tell if you picked up the jelly beans and nuts, surely you can afford this luxury? We wee there for a wedding but it felt a bit officious, the staff were great by the way x

• Stayed: August 2013
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Dannibear2112,
Thank you for your constructive criticism regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I can only apologise for the issues that occurred with your room keys. This has been highlighted with the Maintenance team to ensure that this isn’t a regular occurrence.
I sincerely hope that you enjoyed the wedding at the hotel, and I am very pleased that you found the staff to be helpful.
If you would like to discuss your comments further, please feel free to contact me directly.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,010)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

we went to visit son who is currently at the university john moores in Liverpool, while at the same time to visit the docks and the shopping center, all within walking distance, very close
The hotel was very clean, the staff very nice, friendly and helpful, Room was suffice, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer,ironing board and iron a handy addition, sheets clean and crisp, always nice to see, fridge stocked but payable (obviously) fantastic full length windows, great views over the docks, bathroom-tiled bath and shower, perfect.
Breakfast was wonderful couldn't ask for better just wish i could have fit more in, ha ha,
Continental/full English Both buffet style, breads assortment galore/toast/jams/muffins ,
Tea / coffee Various, juices, water all self service
all in all a great stay, really enjoyed no complaints, what more can you ask for :).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jenny S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.
I hope that your son is enjoying his time as a student in Liverpool and you all revisit the Hilton Liverpool in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We love staying at the Liverpool Hilton. The rooms are fresh and clean, the staff are simply the best. The hotel location is perfect for us and, as we have elderly parents who visit with us at the hotel, the staff do all they can to accommodate us. We regard the Hilton Liverpool to be easily on a par with The Beverly Hilton in LA.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank grahamlds

Dear Grahammlds,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that you enjoy your time here and I sincerely hope you and your parents visit us again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

When we arrived at the Hilton they didn't have our booking which I had done through Travel Republic The efficient Rachel said this was not a problem and would be sorted. We were given one of the rooms right at the front of the hotel which gave you uninterrupted views over Albert Dock, brilliant. Could not get a better room. Was lovely and clean with a large bed which you could lie on and look at the view as the windows are floor to ceiling. Breakfast was very good as usual with the Hilton Group. All the staff were very friendly. Loved watching the young and glamorous on Friday and Saturday evening. We sat out and had a quiet drink people watching as we are in our 60's when we came in late on those evenings. You are also allowed to go to the residents bar on the 7th floor if you want to drink late on Saturday.
Never been to Liverpool before but loved it. Everybody was really friendly. All the bars we went to played live music and we did not feel uncomfortable as there was a varied age range out. I would recommend Liverpool and especially the Hilton for a wonderful weekend break - which is exactly what we had. Thank you x

Room Tip: Our room was at the front 200
1  Thank joyob58
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear joyob58,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Liverpool and Hilton Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time not only in Liverpool but also at our Hotel.

Please do feel free to contact me direct should you wish to return to the Hotel in the future. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Kind Regards

Sophie Hartley

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The location of the hotel couldn't be any better- right between the shops and restaurants of Liverpool One, and the Albert Dock. Room was fab- huge bed and very clean. The atmosphere in the hotel bar on the Friday and Saturday night was buzzing. We ate in the Exchange restaurant on the Saturday after booking a table last minute- food and service was fantastic. All staff including reception, concierge, bar and restaurant were super friendly and helpful. We booked room only and were given discount vouchers for breakfast when checking in- only tiny gripe would be for the price breakfast should be included as standard. We used the breakfast vouchers on the Sunday though and it was well worth it- lots of choice and very tasty. Liverpool is by far my favourite city to visit in the UK and The Hilton will definitely be where I stay for future visits.

1  Thank BraddersS00
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear BraddersS00,
May I take this opportunity to thank you for such great feedback regarding the Hilton Liverpool. We always aim to provide high standards of service and it’s fantastic to hear when this is recognised.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the city soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We only live 10miles away but booked it as a birthday treat for my husband. From the minute we checked in Rachel on reception was professional, polite and friendly with a big smile. She made the whole experience wonderful from the minute we walked in, thank you Rachel.

People are often quick to complain but slow to acknowledge good service. Rachel is an asset to your team and an amazing front of house, please pass on our thanks.

1  Thank HelenMerseyside
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear HelenMerseyside,
I sincerely hope that your husband enjoyed his birthday during your stay. Thank you so much for such lovely feedback regarding our team member Rachel. She will most definitely get the credit that she deserves from your kind comments.
I sincerely hope you and your husband come back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I must say hilton is one of the finest hotel chains in existence today and the Liverpool hilton does not disappoint. Walking into the glass atrium you are greeted with a clean stylish environment. Reception were very accommodating giving very helpful advice and directions which guided my wife and I to our room. The rooms are well equiped with large comfortable beds, amienties expected of any prestige chain. The bathroom unlike most was spacious and I found the speaker which connected from tv into bathroom a pleasant and nice touch. Now here come the but....if you're like me and your morning breakfast consists of one sitting of cereal or a small cooked breakfast and not both, then I advise you avoid going for the bed breakfast pakage offer, speaking from experience I have usually gone for those sort of packages and always regretted them. On reading previous reviews it seem as though Hilton can't do breakfasts, this not exclusively to this hotel, I have stayed in many a hilton and found myself let down by the breakfast especially for the price. The Liverpool Hilton location is ideal! Nestled betweem Liverpool one precinct and over the road from Albert Dock you are spoilt where to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks suited to most budgets. Over I am impressed but the Liverpool Hiltons allure, I can safely say on behalf of my wife and I, we WILL be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Wez9483,
Thank you for such positive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your time, not only at the hotel but also in the city.
Again thank you for your constructive feedback regarding breakfast, if there is anything at all you felt that the restaurant could improve on, please share your comments with the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.