“A great hotel and fantastic location”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Cons
‎Upon check in we were not told about wi-fi options throughout hotel, or about the facilities e.g. restaurant, bar, gym
Room did not smell fresh upon entering
Not able to open window although guess that is a safety option, I found the room really stuffy throughout the stay even with the air onditioning on
Very basic range of TV channels available, but wasn't there to watch TV
No tourist guide or hotel information available in room
Have to pay for in room wi-fi, this is not good given this is most often free in all other good quality hotels

Pros
Great view and brilliant brilliant location, only 15 min walk from main train stations and right next to Liverpool One and Albert Dock - loved it
Lovely quality products in bathroom but definitely not enough for two sharing
Room was good quality

The first night was spoiled by a group of loud and noisy girls arriving back at 3.30am in the next room, very selfish behaviour. There was an interconnecting door (which was locked) and I think this may have made the level of noise worse. It continued for so long and was so loud that I unfortunately had to complain to reception, they did contact the room but they were only a little quieter for about 10 minutes.

The following morning I enquired at reception if the group of girls were staying another night as they were incredibly noisy, the receptionist confirmed that they were and said she would ask them be quiet, I said that the night receptionist had aksed them to do that the previous night but they weren't any quieter. She then changed her mind and offered to move me to another room, I said it was a hassle for us to pack and unpack but we would prefer another room so agreed. She said she would be able to move me to another room but not for another 5 hours. This wasn't a problem as we were planning on being out for most of the day anyway.
When we returned to the hotel we were actually upgraded to an executive room. This was really lovely, so much so that I would be inclined to pay the extra for this class of room in the future. From this point on our stay was perfect. I would really like to thank Rachael for all of her excellent care and excellent customer service, she is a real asset to this hotel.

In all I would definitely recommend this hotel and will look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear 186349Sjw21,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am extremely happy to hear that despite the inconveniences you experienced, Rachel was able to resolve this and make it a memorable stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Sophie Hartley

Write a ReviewReviews (3,009)

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Location is fabulous, great for shopping and restaurants.

Stay was very enjoyable aside from two issues:
Check in lady was extremely ride until I presented my diamond loyalty card then her attitude changed towards me- I don't like or appreciate that. Service should be standard.

Hotel bar- depending on what you are staying for you will either love or hate! Saturday night the bar is rammed. If you are on a girls or boys night out it is perfect. People queue to get into the hotel bar and it stays busy till 1/2ish. If you are on a romantic weekend I would recommend going out early and experience the other bars.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear 1uc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that the location was perfect for your trip. However, I am extremely disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered.

If you wish to discuss these further with me, please contact me direct.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Got a good rate for a King double room and an upgrade to an executive room for £20 more - which was reasonable given the lounge had free beer, soft drinks, snacks and breakfast for two. The room on the 7th floor had a great view over the park and docks with lots of visible plugs and sockets which made a nice change for all my chargers. Useful bathroom freebies, free water and tea and biscuits as well as walk in shower and large bath. Perfect location and friendly staff

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear pb56422,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that you had a brilliant stay with us and you enjoyed the upgrade to an Executive Room with access to our Lounge.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here on the 21st of March 2014 with our 1-year old son for 2 nights. The location of the hotel is excellent and it really isn't far to walk across from the Liverpool One car park. We were lucky that we arrived late, as we found a parking space easily and close to the lifts. My husband checked in for us before we went visiting, and informed the hotel that the travel cot had not been placed in the room, as they said it had been downstairs at check-in. My husband said communication with the hotel had been excellent and he had requested a travel cot in advance. So he asked the hotel on his way out to put the travel cot in. When we returned to the room later on, the travel cot had been dumped beside our bed in it's folded-up state. I could tell by looking there was no mattress or blankets there, and I was annoyed that it wasn't assembled. We stay in hotels a lot and this is the first time we have encountered a travel cot not being set up. I phoned the concierge to complain about the cot not being set up, there being no cot mattress and no towel for our son. It seemed as if they had no idea our son was staying with us, despite the good prior communication with my husband. The concierge sent someone from housekeeping to bring a thick blanket to put in the cot. I asked about a mattress and she tried to tell me that the base is a mattress - it certainly is not. She did not bring a towel for him, so I asked for this and she went to get one for us. Luckily we have a travel cot, so it didn't take too long to assemeble, and with the thick blanket and our own blanets, it was comfortable enough for him. This was a real inconvenience having to do all this when we got back so late. Then when we tried to adjust the lights, we found that some of them didn't work and neither did the bedroom television. My bedside spotlight didn't work and the living area lamp did work, but the socket made a fizz noise! So we phoned the next morning for someone to fix everything for the following evening. Apart from these issues, we actually liked the room - it was spacious with big windows looking over to the shops. Our son enjoyed toddling around the room. The bath looks stunning but actually it's not very comfortable to lie in. Our son enjoyed playing with the running tap and had a good splash around in the bath. We had a towel for him by this point thankfully.
Breakfast was very basic and not well presented. It was kind of a self-service cafeteria with a coffee machine and those awful toast machines that take ages and you need to put it back in on the other side. They were running out of everything when we got there on our first morning so it was really unappealing. I settled for toast with scrambled eggs and beans followed by muesli.
We went to the bar on our second evening and there was a great atmosphere and the cocktails were fab. We were aware of a bit of noise from our room, but it wasn't bad enough to really bother us.
All in all, if they could just sort out the travel cot and get some mattresses for those (although we could bring our own now that we know they don't have any), set them up ahead of time when people request them, and maintain the rooms properly so everything is working, oh and do something about breakfast, it would be a great place to stay. We stay in Liverpool a lot to visit family and would like to give it another try. Any more issues though and we'll head back to Posh Pads.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel-Diva-KD
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Travel-Diva-KD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with Hilton Liverpool.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us however, I am very sorry that our standards were not of our normal high standard.

I will ensure that your inconveniences are highlighted to the relevant departments but please feel free to contact me direct if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were over for the grand national weekend from dublin...the hotel staff were really friendly polite and theor service was second to none...always asking was everything ok...then at night we didn't have to go anywhere as the music was great in the hotel....the hilton owners should be proud of the manager nikki and her staff as they made it a great weekend and we know where we are staying next year

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Dannygraham,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about your recent stay with Hilton Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and the Hilton Liverpool team ensured you had a brilliant weekend.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for work. Booked a King Room on the second floor. Really well laid out room, modern, comfortable and nicely furnished. Couple of areas needing a quick dust, the safe, bathroom rails etc. a set of broken bathroom scales bizarrely left in the bathroom. All my interactions with the staff were friendly and helpful though. Breakfast well organised and efficient if a little bland. Availability of food very good though. Overall a great, comfortable stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Mark1414,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Hilton Liverpool Team took good care of you.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

A pleasure as always to stay at the Hilton Liverpool. Friendly staff and great location. The only problem was we checked in late - just before midnight. Despite reserving a queen bed, the chap on reception only had twin beds which were merely pushed together with a big gap between the two. Not perfect, but on mentioning it the next morning, the very nice receptionists sorted things out and were very apologetic. Will always come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WanderingHK
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear HK_Ivan,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you with regards to your room type. I am glad to hear that the Hilton Liverpool Team did their upmost to resolve this however, should you be returning to the Hotel in the future, please feel free to contact me direct to ensure that you are allocated one of our best rooms.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,