“Great Hotel - Shame they let too many non residents into the Bar Area.”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great Hotel, Location, Food, Service Outstanding. The Bar Area is the major problem. You cannot move or get served due to Hotel allowing too many non residents into the Hotel during weekend evenings. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Ste1967,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am extremely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our Pima Bar. We offer a residents bar on the 7th floor for Guests that would prefer a quieter atmosphere and personal service on a Saturday evening.

If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me direct.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked this hotel for a night for my boyfriends birthday, and it suited us perfectly. Our room was clean, with a lovely comfortable bed. The hallway on the floor we were on had a bit of a funny smell, but luckily this didn't affect our room and it was sorted by the next day. The customer service was good and the staff were friendly. The location is excellent; it's very central and just a short walk to the Albert Dock and loads of shops and restaurants and bars. We had a lovely stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MajesticBackpacker,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the team made your experience so comfortable.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed over night on a Thursday and took a few customers out. Great central location for Liverpool one step out of the hotel and a top choice of bars and restraunts.

We went to the beer Keller then Chinese meal and ended up in a casino... Great night.

We had a few drinks in the hotel bar before we went out and when we returned and the staff where fantastic.

This was the same in the morning fir breakfast nothing is too much trouble.

Me and my wife have stayed in the Hilton on deansgate in manchester and this Hilton in Liverpool is far far superior..

Please give it ago... You defo will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear 146MarkL,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your recent stay in Hilton Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you enjoyed the surrounding area.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Two friends and I were having a night out and shopping trip to Liverpool on friday2/5. We all work in the public sector and took advantage of the government workers discount when we booked for bed and breakfast. On arrival, one of my friends was charged for breakfast. When I asked about this I was told that the discount didn't cover breakfast. The receptionist Lyndsey, was really helpful and agreed it was their error and that we should not be charged for the breakfast. Lyndsey was really helpful and polite and showed a genuine interest in us and our plans when we were checking out the following morning. Well done Lyndsey!

Room Tip: Rooms with river views are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear JaneR232,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am so sorry to hear of the mistake made regarding your breakfast, however, I am extremely happy to hear that Lindsey ensured that all was rectified and made you feel so welcome.

I hope to welcome you all back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for one night, the 1st-2nd of May. I only chose to stay here as I was in Liverpool attending an event and the after party was in the hilton bar so I chose it due to ease. Check in was fine. They knew I was arriving at 1 so had a room sorted for me by 2 (check in is 3pm) I was stayed in the executive floor and my room was ok. Nothing fancy, the tv was temperamental and you definitely need the AC on! I ordered room service which was nice and fast, I ordered two diet cokes with this. Now had I been told about the access to the executive lounge that offers free diet cokes I would have got them from there, infact had I been told about the executive lounge at all it would have been a lot easier for me to find breakfast and to for me to make use of it. Infact, when I did find it I couldn't get in as my key card didn't let me... I only found it an hour and a half before I left! Check out was fine, nice and quick. The check out woman was lovely as was the concierge. He was very sweet! It was an ok stay but I've left with charges on my card that shouldn't actually be there!
I would definitely return to liverpool not to this hotel. Just wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the executive floor in room 720 which had a view of the docks and the shopping centre. M...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear AnnaPerez,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Hotel.
It is very disappointing to see that you would not return to the property in the future, please contact me directly so we are able to discuss the points you have raised.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Chose here to stay after doing the Magical Mystery Tour, and couple of hours watching bands early evening at the Cavern Club. Fab location close to Albert Dock with all it's amenities, about 10 min walk into the city. Arrived around 6.30, warm friendly welcome - room clean and good size. Well stocked fridge should you want for anything, bed comfy -air con worked fine, but very noisy. Couldn't work the most complicated TV ever, 2 members of staff came to assist, and said everyone has issues, and they are called upon constantly.... Paid just short of £200 for the night, room was supposed to have 'free' magazines, we couldn't find them. Shower good. Quiet hotel, no idiots running up and down screaming until all hours which we appreciated! 5 mins walk from public car park, got discount from hotel, but had to inquire if they did this, after watching another guest offered this on checkout. Breakfast chaotic, only one machine for several guests to either get tea or coffee from, same at the toast machine, which was a fairly useless thing, so by the time you got your drink, toast etc you had to queue for breakfast , so took a long time to get every thing so consequently the drink or brekkie was cold! Much better to have staff serving tea and the toast and you queue for one thing only..... Good selection of choices, and helpful staff. Would stay again, simply because of the location, and the very friendly staff, just bit disappointed with value for money

Room Tip: Go higher up for views and the peace
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Judy M,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool.
I apologise greatly for any inconvenience the TV set may have caused, this has been reported to the Maintenance team to review immediately. However, I am pleased to see that you did enjoy your time in the city, and I sincerely hope that you do return to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Location excellent. Administration maybe not so good. Payment for two rooms charged twice to two different bisa cards. Still waiting on a refund. Caused great distress when card was declined at the airport. Drinks at function room not the same as the downstairs bar. Very awkward having to go down the stairs each time I needed a drink. That was a definite no no.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Regina W,
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool.
I can only apologise for the billing error, please contact me directly so I am able to look into why you have not received your refund.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com