“Nightclub or Hotel??”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Nightclub or Hotel??”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Checked in for a weekend in Liverpool. All went well until we returned to the hotel on Friday night for a nightcap, after going to a show. We were greeted by loud music and security people everwhere. I had to shout to make myself understood at the bar. The only place that you could reasonably sit to have a conversation was in the reception area. Returned back to the hotel on Saturday evening to be greeted by even louder music and security on all the entrance doors!! We decided that we would have a drink despite the music only to have them served in dirty plastic glasses. Again we retired to the reception area. This time the music was so loud you had to shout to talk to other guests in the same predicament as us. The were at least 2 other couples sitting by the entrance door. If this is a top class hotel then I am missing something. It appears that this hotel is only interested in the money to be made from getting as many people into the bar as possible at the weekends with a total disregard for its paying guests.
Simon & Julie

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the third floor to avoid noise from the 'Disco' at weekends.
1 Thank Simon M
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Simon & Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool and your experience of the Pima Bar.
I am disappointed to see that your experience of the hotel declined during your stay. The Pima bar is a very popular bar within the city, which attracts a lot of people out and inside of the city. Because of this, we do have a residential bar on the seventh floor of a Saturday evening until 2am. This is so guests can socialise together in a quieter environment.
I sincerely hope this does not hinder you returning to the hotel in the near future, as we do value all of our guests.
Sarah Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
whitley bay
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel on Wednesday afternoon the rooms we booked were not ready, but not a problem as we borrowed the hotel trolley to go back to the car park which is under cover but a good 100 yards walk with the walk outside so watch out for rain, the hotel reception was very good and after a short wait they got us into our rooms of 410 and next door 412 they have adjoining door so the kids have there own room. The rooms have a a lot of space but little space for clothes due to the mini bar and 3 small draws. No sky tv but news. Very quiet as we were just outside of the lifts which only work if you put your card into before pressing the floor number. The breakfast is excellent with the staff being excellent (thankyou as the kids went wild) but no problems. The wedding venue was fantastic the food was first class with the service with a smile, well done, a quick change and the room was ready for the night time do again excellent, a pint was £4.10 and the car park per night £9 if you get the discount ticket from reception.
Well done I would stay at this venue again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear JasonWhiteleyBay,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at hotel and in the city.
If you need any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived a bit early so were unable to check in, but our bags were kindly looked after by the concierge. The outdoor bar area looked inviting with people having drinks in the sunshine. Our check in was swift, and our room very clean and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable, and linen and towels high standard. Breakfast was self service, and very well stocked. We parked in the nearby Q multi storey for a 24hour discounted rate ( reception give a voucher on check out) for £9.50.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa C,
I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the Hilton Liverpool. I do apologise if the wait for a room was an inconvenience at all, and I am so happy that you able to enjoy your time in the city.
I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel in the near future.
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Hilton Liverpool is a hotel I had been looking forward to staying in for a long time. I booked a midweek night deal and therefore did not pay the usual room rate. thankfully! I'm afraid that for a hotel with such a reputation as this it simply didn't meet my expectations. The room whilst functional was not that clean and was certainly no better than the Crown Plaza or other local hotels I've tried at lesser prices. Breakfast was acceptable but nothing special.

Dear John_Nicky,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel with details of your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not feel your room was adequately cleaned. If you could be so kind to email myself further details of the room, and I will ensure that this is investigated with Housekeeping straight away.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room was fine, except for a very creaky sounding bed, with a good view from the 6th floor. The staff were friendly, but little things were annoying. Not being offered a second room key as a matter of course as we checked in. Normally not a problem, but because you have to use the room key to operate the lift and even access the stairwell, it meant no power in the room (again controlled by the key card), while my wife went down to get a second card cut. Having booked for three nights, breakfast inclusive, it was strange to be told on the third morning we were not breakfast enabled (no yellow box on the system apparently), while days 1 and 2 were no problem. Being a long time Diamond member of Hilton Honors I was not overly impressed with the executive lounge arrangements. Frequently there was no staff in the lounge, and tables therefore were slow to be cleared.
Also although I had booked for two people there was only one bath robe in the room, again asking for a second did the trick but I shouldn't need to ask.
In summary, perfectly adequate Hilton, but not at the top of its class.

Room Tip: Try for 6/7th floor looking towards Albert Dock for a great view.
Dear dgw906,
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool.
I am disappointed to see that the small details of your stay here let your experience down. I have spoken to the restaurant team to find out why there was no continuity in regards to your breakfast.
I can only apologise that you did not enjoy the Executive Lounge offerings, if you feel we could add to this in any way, your feedback would be very welcome.
I sincerely hope that you do revisit the Hilton in the near future, to reinstate your faith in our property.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

For a hotel with such a big reputation the fact that i could get a room at a holiday inn for £230 cheaper makes me feel that this hotel is a waste of time because the rooms are exactly the same. There were a lot more things wrong with my first experience at this hotel chain but im limited to 200 characters so in short DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jordan C
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Jordan C,
I deeply regret to see that you would not stay here at the Hilton Liverpool in the future. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your experience with me in further detail.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Lovely hotel in terms of appearance. Parking is a nightmare (there is none), the room was not 100% clean and no tea/coffee facility in room. Booked a room with a king bed, got 2 singles pushed together - poor. Ok but not worth the money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 411adaml,
Thank you for providing Trip Advisor with your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool.
In relation to the car parking, you are able to park in either John Lewis or Liverpool One Q Park. Liverpool One Q Park is situated directly in front of the hotel. On departure you are then able to receive a voucher which will give you a discount of £9.50 per 24 hours. I can only apologise if you found difficulties locating either of these, in future please feel free to contact concierge on 0151 708 4235, and they will be able to direct you.
I am very surprised to see that there was not a Tea/Coffee making facility in your room, and I have already communicated this to the Housekeeping department to look into how this could have happened.
I sincerely hope that you do revisit the Hilton Liverpool in the near future.