“Home again -”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Originally from just across the river I was there for a family meeting. The hotel could not be more centrally located for all the area business and holiday travelers. The hotel staff is absolutely helpful and friendly, and the amenities are what is expected from the Hilton chain. You are across from the Albert Docks, next to a Park and the Liverpool One shopping complex. I was there returning my deceased parents, and the entire trip and meeting was great and the staff assisted in facilitating some of this by there friendly and helpful attitudes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Jim M,
Thank you for such warm feedback regarding your time here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that our team were able to help you at such a difficult time. I hope you were able to arrange everything during your time in the city.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Back to Liverpool for a shopping and culture weekend in Liverpool. Stayed in this hotel just after opening. Great to visit the Albert dock oporsite the hotel, very nice walk and great ride with the big wheel to overlook the city. Great Liverpool ONE shopping center with great bars and restaurants. I liked the Bar Palmsugar oposite the hotel. At the hotel there was a party going on in the Bar on Saturday, a bit too busy for us. We enjoyed the Executive Lounge. Room had great view over the busy plaza.

Room Tip: Booked an Executive room on 7th floor with Executive Lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Andreas777,
Thank you for lovely feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and in the city.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the time we arrived staff on front desk very friendly and more than helpful. Car parking was excellent with discount at the John lewis park so not getting stung for full charges. Room excellent ,staff great what more can i say.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Paul L,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding your stay here. I sincerely hope you make the time to revisit us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Its the first time i have stayed here at the Liverpool one hotel. And for the money i paid as a surprise for my fiancée(we where suppose to go to Edinburgh for the weekend, but plans changed) for 1 night, i thought i would get or expected much better. I have stayed a lots of premier inn's and on comparison they are identical in layout and features.Nothing that i would say is any different that would tell you, you are in a Hilton.Maybe i was just expecting a bit more. The bed was very uncomfortable, lumpy and noisy when you moved or turned over.The ventilation was so small up on the ceiling it hardly made a difference at all to the temperature.I still at home with windows open, so found it very warm anyway.
But..BUT... the worst thing we came across, was not the noisy reception (Saturday night) when we returned after going around town (Liverpool on that score is excellent) but when we got drinks at the bar, we found out the next day that we got over-charged, as we did think it was a bit expensive, so we asked on the way from the mediocre breakfast, at the bar, to be told prices we should have paid. (we left our details with the bar manager, but as of yet, no response) and also the second time we ordered drinks, my fiancée noticed they where not measuring the drink she ordered and asked the girl to measure it, she did, and it was well under what it should have been(we did find out the young girls name, but as said, the manager was supposed to be dealing with it) but got no apology, just a snarl.
I feel it might be small complaints, but it gives me a whole picture on staying there again, as it did not make me feel like i would ever again. I work hard like most people, and expect certain standards when i'm paying for something.Other than the hotel, me and my fiancée really enjoyed liverpool.

Room Tip: Dont pay the extra just for a view.
1  Thank ian j

Dear Simon & Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool and your experience of the Pima Bar.
I am disappointed to see that your experience of the hotel declined during your stay. The Pima bar is a very popular bar within the city, which attracts a lot of people out and inside of the city. Because of this, we do have a residential bar on the seventh floor of a Saturday evening until 2am. This is so guests can socialise together in a quieter environment.
I sincerely hope this does not hinder you returning to the hotel in the near future, as we do value all of our guests.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed at The Hilton as we were attending a wedding there. It was lovely, the whole day was wonderful. The wedding was amazing and the setting was second to none. The staff are a credit to the hotel, especially the receptionists and the waitresses/waiters in the morning at breakfast. They were all friendly with a smile on their face. The room we had was very spacious and clean and the bed was enormous and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was amazing and there was a great choice. There was no pressure to hurry up even though they were quite busy. It is a great location for Liverpool. Only downside is the parking, considering what you have to pay for a room you then have to pay for parking, even if it is discounted. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Bluetop1,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel, and I sincerely hope that you do revisit us in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Checked in for a weekend in Liverpool. All went well until we returned to the hotel on Friday night for a nightcap, after going to a show. We were greeted by loud music and security people everwhere. I had to shout to make myself understood at the bar. The only place that you could reasonably sit to have a conversation was in the reception area. Returned back to the hotel on Saturday evening to be greeted by even louder music and security on all the entrance doors!! We decided that we would have a drink despite the music only to have them served in dirty plastic glasses. Again we retired to the reception area. This time the music was so loud you had to shout to talk to other guests in the same predicament as us. The were at least 2 other couples sitting by the entrance door. If this is a top class hotel then I am missing something. It appears that this hotel is only interested in the money to be made from getting as many people into the bar as possible at the weekends with a total disregard for its paying guests.
Simon & Julie

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the third floor to avoid noise from the 'Disco' at weekends.
1  Thank Simon M

Dear Simon & Julie,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel on Wednesday afternoon the rooms we booked were not ready, but not a problem as we borrowed the hotel trolley to go back to the car park which is under cover but a good 100 yards walk with the walk outside so watch out for rain, the hotel reception was very good and after a short wait they got us into our rooms of 410 and next door 412 they have adjoining door so the kids have there own room. The rooms have a a lot of space but little space for clothes due to the mini bar and 3 small draws. No sky tv but news. Very quiet as we were just outside of the lifts which only work if you put your card into before pressing the floor number. The breakfast is excellent with the staff being excellent (thankyou as the kids went wild) but no problems. The wedding venue was fantastic the food was first class with the service with a smile, well done, a quick change and the room was ready for the night time do again excellent, a pint was £4.10 and the car park per night £9 if you get the discount ticket from reception.
Well done I would stay at this venue again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear JasonWhiteleyBay,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at hotel and in the city.
If you need any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com