“Amazing”

Ranked #38 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Came here for my girlfriends birthday, i got to the desk and the suggested the could upgrade us to a better room, but i already had the better room booked, so we went to our room and it was heaven, comfy bed, bath, shower, i dont think i needed to take any shampoo or anything like that, it was all there, plus a little piece of slate with strawberries on it and happy birthday written in icing.
would deffo stay again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sophie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Liamb91,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a brilliant review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that we were able to make such a special occasion so memorable for you both.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Hartley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed here a number of times on business now. The welcome is friendly, the service excellent. Staff are helpful, and I have been very impressed, but then I have found that throughout Liverpool. People are naturally friendly, and will do more than the bare minimum, and that is certainly true of the hotel staff I have met so far. You feel they will do what it takes, and want to help.

The rooms are comfortable, and exactly what you would expect from a well-run Hilton. For me the location is excellent, close to the city centre, on the edge of Liverpool One, and opposite the Albert Dock and the waterfront attractions. If you don't have much luggage, it is also an easy walk from the station through the pedestrianised shopping area.

The executive lounge is not large, but big enough for the numbers who seem to use it, and quite quiet a lot of the time. I have always found it easy to find a seat for a drink and to sample the hot snacks in the early evening. Breakfast time seems equally easy, and provides enough of a range for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rob B,

Thank you for much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your recent and previous stays with us at Hilton Liverpool.

I am so happy to hear that you consistenly enjoy your stay with us and that the Hilton Team always ensure to look after you.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Hartley
Sydney
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Centrally located hotel, right by Liverpool One and the Albert dock. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable as you would expect from a Hilton. The front desk staff were particularly helpful and friendly on numerous occasions throughout my 3 day stay. Would not hesitate to return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear PinkPinkPinkSydney,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. All of our team members strive to have the best customer skills and it is lovely to hear when this is received.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Originally from just across the river I was there for a family meeting. The hotel could not be more centrally located for all the area business and holiday travelers. The hotel staff is absolutely helpful and friendly, and the amenities are what is expected from the Hilton chain. You are across from the Albert Docks, next to a Park and the Liverpool One shopping complex. I was there returning my deceased parents, and the entire trip and meeting was great and the staff assisted in facilitating some of this by there friendly and helpful attitudes.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jim M,
Thank you for such warm feedback regarding your time here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that our team were able to help you at such a difficult time. I hope you were able to arrange everything during your time in the city.
Munich
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Back to Liverpool for a shopping and culture weekend in Liverpool. Stayed in this hotel just after opening. Great to visit the Albert dock oporsite the hotel, very nice walk and great ride with the big wheel to overlook the city. Great Liverpool ONE shopping center with great bars and restaurants. I liked the Bar Palmsugar oposite the hotel. At the hotel there was a party going on in the Bar on Saturday, a bit too busy for us. We enjoyed the Executive Lounge. Room had great view over the busy plaza.

Room Tip: Booked an Executive room on 7th floor with Executive Lounge.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Andreas777,
Thank you for lovely feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and in the city.
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the time we arrived staff on front desk very friendly and more than helpful. Car parking was excellent with discount at the John lewis park so not getting stung for full charges. Room excellent ,staff great what more can i say.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Paul L,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding your stay here. I sincerely hope you make the time to revisit us again in the future.
liverpool
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Its the first time i have stayed here at the Liverpool one hotel. And for the money i paid as a surprise for my fiancée(we where suppose to go to Edinburgh for the weekend, but plans changed) for 1 night, i thought i would get or expected much better. I have stayed a lots of premier inn's and on comparison they are identical in layout and features.Nothing that i would say is any different that would tell you, you are in a Hilton.Maybe i was just expecting a bit more. The bed was very uncomfortable, lumpy and noisy when you moved or turned over.The ventilation was so small up on the ceiling it hardly made a difference at all to the temperature.I still at home with windows open, so found it very warm anyway.
But..BUT... the worst thing we came across, was not the noisy reception (Saturday night) when we returned after going around town (Liverpool on that score is excellent) but when we got drinks at the bar, we found out the next day that we got over-charged, as we did think it was a bit expensive, so we asked on the way from the mediocre breakfast, at the bar, to be told prices we should have paid. (we left our details with the bar manager, but as of yet, no response) and also the second time we ordered drinks, my fiancée noticed they where not measuring the drink she ordered and asked the girl to measure it, she did, and it was well under what it should have been(we did find out the young girls name, but as said, the manager was supposed to be dealing with it) but got no apology, just a snarl.
I feel it might be small complaints, but it gives me a whole picture on staying there again, as it did not make me feel like i would ever again. I work hard like most people, and expect certain standards when i'm paying for something.Other than the hotel, me and my fiancée really enjoyed liverpool.

Room Tip: Dont pay the extra just for a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ian j
Dear Simon & Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool and your experience of the Pima Bar.
I am disappointed to see that your experience of the hotel declined during your stay. The Pima bar is a very popular bar within the city, which attracts a lot of people out and inside of the city. Because of this, we do have a residential bar on the seventh floor of a Saturday evening until 2am. This is so guests can socialise together in a quieter environment.
I sincerely hope this does not hinder you returning to the hotel in the near future, as we do value all of our guests.