“Average”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here whilst attending a conference. The foyer is typical of a business hotel with no great warmth but functional and efficient. My executive room was a bit gloomy, reasonable mattress but awful pillows. The toiletries are really if a pretty average standard. The shower is poor because in an attempt to save water the shower head incorporates a widget to introduce air into the shower head designed to make you think that the shower is more powerful than it is. TV selection is poor, what hotel of this category doesn't have sky sports? Complimentary bottled water was provided but if I am staying 3 nights shouldn't this be replenished every day. Trays for other rooms room service seem to be left for hours without collection. Overall good location but there are better quality and better value hotels out there. Also although I stayed for 3 days if I take my car park out of the car park to go somewhere the charging period starts again as I can't pay for 3 days parking with exit and return built into that charge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank chiltern_doc
Write a ReviewReviews (3,009)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Located very convenient location in the city of Liverpool right next to the shopping mall. Good value for money! It was a bid difficult to enter the parking next door. You need to go to the opposite direction, U-turn and come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Moriber,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your time here at the Hilton Liverpool.
I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in the hotel, if you need any help in future regarding parking please feel free to contact Concierge on 0151 708 4235.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here as my original choice of Hope Street was full due to the plethora of graduate ceremonies that take place in July. I had reasonable expectations as I had booked an executive room and thought there would be space and a bit of comfort.
Sadly I was underwhelmed. Rooms were small and little things were just not there. No free WiFi is not acceptable these days especially when coffee shops etc provide it for the price of a cup of coffee. The ACnever really cooled the room. Lighting in the bathroom did not work over the sink. The executive lounge was a touch parsimonious and the place felt as if it was designed to get the most from you but give the least.
Its location is excellent but with new hotels opening nearby aiming for the same clientele it needs to up its game if it is to see me return.

Room Tip: Executive floors, six and seven will be quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ruffwood1

Dear Ruffw00d,
Thank you for your constructive criticism regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very upset to read that you did not feel the hotel met your expectations. I have informed the Front Office Manager of your comments regarding the Executive Lounge, and she sends her apology that you felt the lounge wasn’t welcoming for you.
I am pleased however that you took advantage of the location, and please contact me directly if you do revisit the city so I can ensure you have a very enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Two excellent barmen saved a possible catastrophe during a wedding ... Well Done The two Ryans .... excellent above the call of duty assistance Thankyou very much Superb customer service.... You are both legends ...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Seth S,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback regarding ‘The Two Ryans’ within our Conferencing Team. I am so pleased to see that their hard work has been mentioned, and I am glad they were able to help you.
I have passed on this comment to both of them, and I sincerely hope the rest of the wedding ran smoothly.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

A large group of family and friends attended a charity ball here , the foyer was beautiful and a cool refuge from the outside heat
I loved the privacy of the booth seating
Upstairs In the function room the decor was very impressive
The staff where impeccable nothing was too much trouble and the food was fabulous

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Dawnie2502,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding the event you attended at the Hilton Liverpool.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the charity ball, and it ran smoothly as expected.
I sincerely hope you are able to revisit the Hilton again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hmmmmmm really am very disappointed by my most recent stay at the Liverpool Hilton & whilst yes it's centrally located & on the surface a contemporary modern interior, it simply didn't cut the mustard on many levels. Firstly, upon arriving at Reception, our welcome was pretty frosty & not particularly friendly at all which is not something we'd expect & definitely not in super friendly Liverpool! We had booked a suite which at £240 per night we anticipated to be reasonable, although we learned it wasn't ready & were asked to leave our luggage with Concierge, opposite reception. However, after dragging our extensive baggage over to Concierge, where we had the absolute pleasure of dealing with Phil, (he couldn't have been more friendly or helpful), we were called back by reception whom advised our room now was ready! We suddenly felt like we were in some kind of comedy sketch dragging all our baggage back from Concierge & over to reception to check in, although Phil did assist! Upon entering the lift, our comedy sketch continued as no matter which lift we entered it wouldn't elevate; we later discovered its because we were required to insert our key cards for security purposes! Whilst this security feature is great, it would have been helpful to have been informed of this upon check in! Our suite was of ample size, having a separate lounge, bathroom & bedroom; & although it was very clean, it seemed tatty & worn as there were dents & marks upon the walls & the wallpaper had small tears also! The shower was very disappointing as the light wasn't working within the cubical, therefore it was very dark & dim, not great with razor in hand & clearly a simple maintenance check could have prevent this inconvenience. These poor standards really not what you expect or want from your suite & especially when you're paying £240.00!! Our suite included access to the Executive Lounge, which again is in urgent need of a refurbishment, looking very tatty & in quite a poor state of disrepair! Additionally, the tables were sticky & stained with glass marks & the evening canapé selection & range was extremely poor upon Saturday night compared to other Hiltons in which we've stayed & the waiting staff seemed very disinterested & failed to replenish the ever-empty bowls & dishes despite there only being a handful of Guests using the facility. They had kindly made a jug a Pimms which was a refreshing welcome but again as soon as the jug was emptied, it wasn't replenished & the waiting staff were permanently in the adjacent service kitchen chatting & giggling; not at all helpful or professional. The breakfast service upon Sunday morning within the Executive Lounge was much better though to their credit, although it was a different duo. Whilst our stay was Ok, it was nothing outstanding & really not worth the £240 we paid at all, although I would definitely return as it's so centrally located, convenient & of course the night scene in the main bar is fantastic so it's really handy to stagger upstairs! Next time I think we'll avoid upgrading to a suite until there's news of a refurbishment!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Navilluso
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Navilluso,
Thank you for constructive criticism regarding your time here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am pleased that you found Phil to be helpful; however I regret that he was the only member of staff you found that could help you.
I am very upset that you found the Executive Lounge to be poor; please can you provide me with more information regarding your service in this department, as I would greatly appreciate it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Liverpool hotels can get busy when the city plays host to large events - and mid July sees the city teeming with graduands from the universities and their families. I booked a couple of rooms in the Hilton Liverpool - a modern building on the edge of the Liverpool One shopping district, and a few steps away from the historic docks. The rooms are on seven floors, along a long curved corridor. Some have a view of the bus station and carparks, others can catch a glimpse of the docks.

The executive rooms have separate showers (my shower door seal looked a bit mouldy and leaked badly). Otherwise the rooms were well maintained and spotlessly clean. Staff are efficient and friendly. Breakfast in the main ground floor space is good, but in the executive lounge was not. Car park discounts are available.

Sound proofing (even on the 7th floor) wasn't as good as I had expected - I awoke early to the street sounds. Otherwise a good experience.

Still no free wifi for "standard" guests. Poor show Hilton!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Keitharrowsmith,
Thank you for constructive criticism regarding your time here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am pleased that you found the members of staff to be friendly, however it surprises me that you did not find the Hosts within the Executive Lounge to be helpful.
If you could you provide me with any more information regarding your service in this department, I would greatly appreciate it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com